weekly Cliff's 2014 52 Thread - Week 5 'Smoke'

Name
Cliff
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all. Really looking forward to this challenge - been looking through some of last years 52's and WOW. Some seriously good pictures in there.

Week 0: Odd
Week 1 : Lines / Linear
Week 2 : Play
Week 3 : Close
Week 4 : Bubbles
Week 5 : Smoke
Week 6 :
Week 7 :
Week 8 :
Week 9 :
Week 10 :
Week 11 :
Week 12 :
Week 13 :
Week 14 :
Week 15 :
Week 16 :
Week 17 :
Week 18 :
Week 19 :
Week 20 :
Week 21 :
Week 22 :
Week 23 :
Week 24 :
Week 25 :
Week 26 :
Week 27 :
Week 28 :
Week 29 :
Week 30 :
Week 31 :
Week 32 :
Week 33 :
Week 34 :
Week 35 :
Week 36 :
Week 37 :
Week 38 :
Week 39 :
Week 40 :
Week 41 :
Week 42 :
Week 43 :
Week 44 :
Week 45 :
Week 46 :
Week 47 :
Week 48 :
Week 49 :
Week 50 :
Week 51 :
Week 52 :

Last edited:
Hi Cliff & welcome to the madhouse....it'll be a blast in 2014 ...look forward to seeing your challenge progress :clap:

Thanks for the warm official welcome. I've been hiding in the shadows for a while now soaking up as much advice as possible.

Very good start cliff. I like the lighting and the dark nature of the image. If I have to pick anything out I'd say a tiny bit more light to the left of the frame. :)

Hi Cliff - Welcome to the 52's :)

A great first image, I like the feel to the shot, the colours for me need a darker image so don't mind your representation at all, the reflections don't bother me either.

The great thing about the 52 is taking what other people say to you and changing future shots if you feel like it - Great Start

Looks good to me Cliff. I like the symmetrical window (?) reflections and the shadow at the front underside of the baubels. I also like the purple and green together. The focus looks a little soft, but they could just be my eyes.

Hi Cliff
nice start there perhaps a bit dark for some but I like it(y)

Hi Cliff, I like the idea but its a little dark for me. I'm not sure how the reflection could be avoided so I wouldn't worry about that. I like the framing and the contract between the green and purple. Good start.

Good to see you using a tripod :p but a longer shutter speed would have helped the exposure of the image somewhat as I feel it is a little dark. The use of the diagonal helps with the composition though.

Not overly happy with the image for this week.

It's not all that bad, :), nice range of tones of green, strong line along the fence piece to draw you through the OOF area, coupled with the focus on the tree's moss in sharp focus. (y)

The only slight detraction is the red ferns in the top right trying to pull my eye "out" of the shot.

my only suggestion would to crop the picture slightly to lose the far right so the lines end at the picture edge.

It's not all that bad, :), nice range of tones of green, strong line along the fence piece to draw you through the OOF area, coupled with the focus on the tree's moss in sharp focus. (y)

The only slight detraction is the red ferns in the top right trying to pull my eye "out" of the shot.

Thanks for the positive first (y) I see what you mean the red fern is quite distracting.

Hi welcome
Like lead in lines and tones
Now to see what next theme is!

Nice mix of lines, good exposure. Have you tried any different crops on it or a b/ conversion? Good start .

Back