Clives 52 in 2020

Thank you Helen, have done a crop... seems to work. Sycamore, is that a sort of maple?View attachment 295013
Yes I believe it is... so my friend tells me. I thought it was a sort of maple leaf and didn't realise sycamores were maples.
I really like the crop. The bright highlight on the left is still a little bit of a distraction but I think the crop works. Did you put the blobs of water there? They are so perfectly placed ha ha!
Edit: Oh by the way I'm not Helen - I thought maybe she suggested it too ha ha! But you can call me anything you like :LOL: I can't divulge my identity due to being a top secret spy... oops!

Last edited:
Hi Clive

I prefer the 2nd Wet shot as it's has a more vibrant green in it and that lifts the shot, the first shot and the crop has that distracting white circle.

Pete

Good use of depth of field for both wet shots I think I prefer the second of the two

The colours in artificial have come out beautifully - what a lovely piece of art to have on your wall!

And your autumnal leaf is a lovely shade of yellow. Interesting circular pattern on there as well.

But the first of your wet dew pictures is wonderfully organic, almost animal! It's a really interesting picture, beautifully composed - a real cracker!

Yes I believe it is... so my friend tells me. I thought it was a sort of maple leaf and didn't realise sycamores were maples.
I really like the crop. The bright highlight on the left is still a little bit of a distraction but I think the crop works. Did you put the blobs of water there? They are so perfectly placed ha ha!
Edit: Oh by the way I'm not Helen - I thought maybe she suggested it too ha ha! But you can call me anything you like :LOL: I can't divulge my identity due to being a top secret spy... oops!
Sorry Bebop, I blame old age!

I like your wet shots - first for me - with the water drops on each spike. The crop works but I'd also clone out that distracting white bit of bokeh.

Week 41 Topic(al)

This was my first thought when I saw this theme, it then took me a while to find a topic and I could only get a four pack! As a diabetic this is not good, so I cut a slice off each day as a treat and for medical reasons as everyone knows a Topic a day keeps the covid away. Now that really is topical, as Donald Trump said "maybe we could inject Topics".

PSX_20201025_191415.jpg

Love #1. It almost looks like an animal!
Thank you Simon, it has got a touch of the beastie about it.

Hi Clive

I prefer the 2nd Wet shot as it's has a more vibrant green in it and that lifts the shot, the first shot and the crop has that distracting white circle.

Pete
Thanks Pete, it was the sun shining on a dew drop.

Good use of depth of field for both wet shots I think I prefer the second of the two
Thank you Allan

Hi Clive,

Autumn - Interesting green speckled pattern on that leaf. Nicely shot.
Wet - #1 Crop for me too. because it's in your face and pops well even though it's all one colour.
Thanks Tim

The colours in artificial have come out beautifully - what a lovely piece of art to have on your wall!

And your autumnal leaf is a lovely shade of yellow. Interesting circular pattern on there as well.

But the first of your wet dew pictures is wonderfully organic, almost animal! It's a really interesting picture, beautifully composed - a real cracker!
Thank you shugpug

I like your wet shots - first for me - with the water drops on each spike. The crop works but I'd also clone out that distracting white bit of bokeh.
Thanks Phil

Week 41 Topic(al)

This was my first thought when I saw this theme, it then took me a while to find a topic and I could only get a four pack! As a diabetic this is not good, so I cut a slice off each day as a treat and for medical reasons as everyone knows a Topic a day keeps the covid away. Now that really is topical, as Donald Trump said "maybe we could inject Topics".

View attachment 296655
Blimey - didn’t know you could still get Topics! . Great take on the theme!

Topic(al) - great idea and I have to admit, I didn't think you could get Topic bars anymore. Nice colours and good to get in close, and I like the way you've cut it to show the inside of the bar too.

Insert groan here... Nicely thought through! And here's to anything that keeps the Covid away. Except injecting bleach [emoji15]
Thank you Shugpug

Love a topic. Love a shoehorn. Nicely taken.
Thanks Kell

Blimey - didn’t know you could still get Topics! . Great take on the theme!
I have not bought one for years due to the diabetes, found them in Tescos £1.25 For a four pack.

Topic(al) - great idea and I have to admit, I didn't think you could get Topic bars anymore. Nice colours and good to get in close, and I like the way you've cut it to show the inside of the bar too.
Tescos... I love them the slice is my daily allowance!

Great idea and I like the image, just one question, how come no hazelnut in every bite! (or am I showing my age!)

Funny how you remember at the end!

Lol.. great minds. I was looking for hazelnuts... (.. in every bite :LOL: )

Nice interpretation of the subject Clive, like many others have stated... I havn’t seen them for years but then again I don’t go down the chocolate isle so much these days.

Great idea and nicely executed. I haven’t had one in years but used to love them.
Thank you Bebop, I can confirm they still taste good

Great idea and I like the image, just one question, how come no hazelnut in every bite! (or am I showing my age!)
Funny how you remember at the end!
Showing my age too Roger, still get the urge to reply with squirrel sh*t!

Nicely shoehorned in Clive. Not had one for years but I could just fancy one now!
Thanks Pete, I still have 3 in the fridge

Lol.. great minds. I was looking for hazelnuts... (.. in every bite :LOL: )
Cheers Helen

Nice interpretation of the subject Clive, like many others have stated... I havn’t seen them for years but then again I don’t go down the chocolate isle so much these days.
Thank you Heather, the chocolate aisle is worth the occasional visit.

Topical
I do like a Topic.
Thanks Dominic, so do I!

Last edited:
Yum. Just salt and vinegar for me. Main subject nicely lit and I can see a bit of a vinegarette on this image :ROFLMAO: Context given with the condiments.

They look like very good chips! Lovely image for the theme and tech, the colours are strong too (I may have been tempted to wash the colours out to give it a 60'/70s kind of look - thats not a criticism by the way, just an observation)

Yum. Just salt and vinegar for me. Main subject nicely lit and I can see a bit of a vinegarette on this image :ROFLMAO: Context given with the condiments.
Thank you Bebop, very funny, only a few weeks and it will be condiments of the season to you.

That looks good... A decent chippy is definitely one of the foods I miss most! The unnatural light series the subject as well! /QUOTE]
Thanks Shugpug, I miss reading the news paper as I eat them, they were the days!

They look like very good chips! Lovely image for the theme and tech, the colours are strong too (I may have been tempted to wash the colours out to give it a 60'/70s kind of look - thats not a criticism by the way, just an observation)
Thanks Jim I had started to type that I wouldn't know the 60s/70s look, then realised I do but that I had forgotten it! Old age!

Now they look lovely. U like the lighting and the kitchen table layout.
Thank you Pete , they were good.

Nice take on the topical topic. Well lit naughty but nice fried meal and a good selection of well used lures.

Lovely colours on the plugs Clive and yes they certainly are sharp!

Heya Clive,
Sharp - Lovely vibrancy there, especially the blue.
Food - Nom nom nom. Good choice to leave the chips and sausage in the bag for the shot, I think it makes it over just having them on a plate.
Topical - Nice use of diagonals and a slight curve. I was wondering when we'd get a topic in this theme.

Nice looking fish and chips, well lit.
Hooks on the lures are nice and sharp, great colours, the background maybe better as a single colour.

Pete

Back