2020 Clives 52 in 2020

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Clive,

Not mushroom for any more texture in your first image, I know that Dave beat me to the Mushroom joke but I could't resist.

Pete

OP
CliveH
Name
Clive
Edit My Images
Yes
Week 37 Activity

Radioactivity
Mine and my wife's luminous watch hands.
Radioluminescent paint is a self-luminous paint that consists of a small amount of a radioactive isotope (radionuclide) mixed with a radioluminescent phosphor chemical. The radioisotope continually decays, emitting radiation particles which strike molecules of the phosphor, exciting them to emit visible light. The isotopes selected are typically strong emitters of beta radiation, preferred since this radiation will not penetrate an enclosure. Radioluminescent paints will glow without exposure to light until the radioactive isotope has decayed (or the phosphor degrades), which may be many years....Taken from Wikipedia.
This did not work as well as I hoped but it's Wednesday evening.
PSX_20200916_202306.jpg

OP
CliveH
Name
Clive
Edit My Images
Yes
I was wondering what this was in the main thread - good lateral thinking/shoe horn
Thank you Shugpug, it is a bit of a shoehorn.

You’d never guess what it is. As mentioned, good lateral thinking.
How long was the exposure? Can’t have been easy to capture.
Hi Bebop, I used live time and let it run until it was bright enough, maybe a little too long I think. I manually focused with lights on the turned lights out and clicked, I think it was just over 10 seconds.

Cobra

Mr. Floyd
Staff member
Name
Phitt, Hissy Phitt
Edit My Images
No
When I first saw that it thought it was the old game of tennis ( or what ever it was called)

Nicely shoehorned Clive (y)

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Bit of a clever clogs shot that there :) I like it :)