weekly Clives TP 52 Week 52: Celebrate

Beautiful.

Re the horizon placement, I think, with a sky like that, I want more! :)

Hey Clive,
Horizontal - I like the colour, it's well shot and as @pjm1 says, the inclusion of the hole really does add to the shot. (y)
Vast - Lovely selection of blues, including the reflection of the sea in the clouds.

Horizontal - a striking colour and I like the grain
Vast - lovely array of blues

Interesting triptych there though I think I would have tried to have all 3 shots the same size if possible as the golf rough shot overpowers the other two (probably as much due to the vibrancy of the colours as anything else).

Clever idea Clive :)

Good set of images for the theme Clive, may be needs a bit of a border between them as I find the tree bark does not sit comfortably next to the others

Rough - The golf shot certainly stands out against the other two.

I like the tree. And like them all 2gether but agree that any combination would probably make a good shot for the theme

That is beautiful Clive. Like the DoF with sharp focus in mid-distance. Lovely colour. :clap:

Covered - Lovely picture, you have captured the blanket of blue well.

It's on theme and wonderful colours, low POV and shallow DOF.

It would also work if you got closer to one of the bluebells to isolate it with the others OOF.

Cheers.

:agree: ... or maybe crop the OOF FG

Still, nice job. (y)

I like your shot of the golf ball for rough - lovely vibrant green. The bluebells work really well for the theme (I was tempted to post my second bluebell shot this week as well...but I'll try harder!) I agree with Andy about maybe focussing on one flower if the bluebells themselves are the main subject, rather than the woods as a whole. The colour is just perfect, though.

Good photo for the theme, could perhaps do with something for the eye to settle on.

Vast - Love the colours. I think the 50-50 split at the horizon kind of works for me here because both halves have their own interesting details (ripples in the sea and fluffy clouds in the sky), and they come together to form some kind of contrasty piece of art (instead of a usual landscape type image). And it works for this theme because it’s like 2 pieces of vast trying to outdo each other but having to meet in the middle.

Rough - Interesting fun image with 3 types of rough! :)

Covered - Lovely bluebells and does nicely for the theme.

Covered - as mentioned, you have the theme covered, but I do echo the comments that it lacks a focal point perhaps. Nothing much wrong technically mind you - nice and sharp, with lovely colour! (y)

Hi Clive

Interesting idea and take for Rough. The images individually aren't as compelling but it certainly works for the theme as a trio. Nice thinking.
Well taken image for Covered but I just wonder if a different composition could work better? Hard to comment without having been there and seen the wider opportunity but well taken as it is.

Wow - masses of colour. Really good collage Clive - especially like top right. (y)

Great image for colourful Clive some great colours and details in all 4 images.

My only slight crit would be that I would have preferred to see all 4 images the same size so they all line up

So would I but PS got the better of me and I gave up!

Keep practising, you're 99% there.(y)

I know we're not really supposed to choosing but top right has good colour & detail.

Back