weekly Clives TP 52 Week 52: Celebrate

Nice sharp shot Clive.
A couple of observations to consider going forward...
The picture frame in the background is at an angle which distracts the eye a bit, so it could either have been straightened or removed
You've chopped the top of your dad's head off. If you could have taken a step backwards before taking the shot you could've kept him completely in the frame.
Good start to your 52 (y)

Thanks for your comments:)
I was sitting next to him showing him my new camera, not really a planned shot but it suited the theme! As for the background i dont think I would dare to start straightening the pictures in his house, it would be a full time job!
Happy New Year to you.

Reactions: LC2
Hi. Nice portrait though might have been better without losing top of his head.

I think the crit has been covered, Clive.
Nice sharp image (y)

cataracts are a PITA though aren't they :(

Morning I don't mind the cropped top off your dad's head. It's the smile that really makes it for me.

Wonderful start and welcome aboard.

Cheers

Last edited:
I think it's a real nice portrait too, it's your dad in his natural setting, the the surroundings do not matter a keeper shot for sure... and welcome to the 52 (y)

Agree with the advice that a short description would be nice with each shot... and hope you are enjoying your new camera :)

I will add descriptions from now on, loving the new camera, I have my granddaughter staying for a few days now..a very reluctant model! But should give me plenty of practice:olympus::)

Hi Clive - welcome to TP52 - hope you enjoy the camaraderie as well as the weekly challenges. Nice portrait to kick off with :clap:

A slightly different angle would enhance pic imho, top left hand corner detracts from the shot as it is, great subject matter:)

I did think about photoshopping the top corner, when I got home I realised that if i had taken the next one along I would have got rid of the problem:olympus:

I think they might date back to the days of the cattle market and may have been used for tethering livestock.
Ah yes, that would explain what it was. I was thinking that it was for mooring boats but I couldn't tie that in with the brickwork flooring.
Nice use of shallow DoF to blur out the wall and it stops the building in the background grabbing too much attention, but I wonder if a brutal tight crop (chopping off the top and bottom) would also be a way to remove the building and still give a effective shot.

The texture of the iron work is nicely set off by the textured wall, well captured details.

Hi, great texture in the metal, did you try one straight on might have worked with the texture of the stone/bricks as the BG

either way I like it

Good choice and definitely on theme. Would like to see the front of the ring in focus but keep the bokeh behind. Only noticed the top corner after reading the comments tbh.

Hi Clive. The DoF is fantastic - it makes the metal ring and fixing stand out brilliantly ... 3d-like. :clap:

I like the main one best it makes the ring stand out. I didn't notice the corner till it was pointed out.

I prefer the 1st one Clive, plenty of detail and textures in both the bricks and the "ring" (y)

really like your third image, draws you in nicely. Good luck completing your 52

Back