weekly Clives TP 52 Week 52: Celebrate

Effort - good fit for the theme, nicely seen and taken

Technology - it's good to see all those phones together like the composition and colours.

Clive, I had exactly the same idea for Technology!
I dug out 14 phones!!!
Nicely done :)

Hi Clive, not so much a fan of the effort one - I've decided I don't like artificial blur as it makes me feel a bit off (!?) for some reason - something that natural DOF doesn't cause. Also worth getting the figure running into frame unless you deliberately want the tension from her leaving?

Technology definitely suits the theme and great background. Only issue with the colour choice is the red of the phone covers appears to be a bit lost! Good capture though and could bear a small lift in exposure, I reckon.

Hi Clive. Both fit their respective themes without question. The redness of her face and movement of her feet combine well to show the Effort being made. As for Technology, I'm kind of surprised by the extent of my reliance on technology and I have only one mobile to my name, and a pre-smart model at that. Wow!

Effort - certainly on theme but I also don't like blurr
Technology - I assume you don't currently use all of those phones. They certainly standout against the red.

Effort - certainly fits with the theme! As mentioned, not a massive fan of the artificial DOF. Not sure it was needed - shot works as-is!

Technology - Hehe, how many?! I've been thinking along similar lines! Bit of a geek when it comes to phones, so have gathered quite a collection too. Red BG works well, I actually quite like how they aren't arranged neatly too!

Personal - good idea for the theme, wish my mind would think like that.

Effort - looks like the runner is getting tired and hot.

Technology - like the choice of equipment and the positioning.

Technology - That's a hell of a lot of phones. The Nokia rocks the lot of them :)
Square crop on the red background works nicely.

Effort - (y) on getting the shot, but the fake blur you've added detracts from the shot, it doesn't work because there is plenty of background behind her that is in focus which contrasts badly with the out of focus parts of the shot on teh same focal plain.
I understand what you're trying to achieve. I would have used a fake vignette to direct the eye instead as it would have looked more natural.

Effort - I don’t mind artificial blur so much. You might want to try blurring out everything behind the woman as well, and not just draw two lines on the photo and blur either side. ;) Otherwise, it’s a good effort! I always enjoy photos of people engaged in activity. :)

Technology - Woah that’s a lot of phones and all different ones! I like it! :)

Hi Clive, not so much a fan of the effort one - I've decided I don't like artificial blur as it makes me feel a bit off (!?) for some reason - something that natural DOF doesn't cause. Also worth getting the figure running into frame unless you deliberately want the tension from her leaving?

Technology definitely suits the theme and great background. Only issue with the colour choice is the red of the phone covers appears to be a bit lost! Good capture though and could bear a small lift in exposure, I reckon.

thanks Paul..... i spent AGGGgggges looking at it thinking the blur was wrong...... that the cars closer were OOF yet the building behind her was in focus....

overall though Clive your shots are improving, i mean they seem to show more thought... i do think you could benefit from some processing on some... miniature was a favourite but could have done with being down there with the rails if it allowed... but were the trains running...else shame... keep it up... love horizontal... (y)

Good choice for the theme nice colour and I like the wood grain

Thanks again for all your comments, the pp side is something I know very little about so its a learning curve. Your advice and comments are really appreciated.

Love the colour and texture Clive, with that little hole lhs providing added interest.

Hi, maybe lose s little of the water or the sky to make of more landscape, bit still bang on theme

Both sea and sky are Vast so fits the theme nicely. Like the green/blue contrast.

Vast, can't make my mind up if some of the sky (well most of it) should go or some of the water, think I'd lose some of the water.

It certainly is vast.

Cheers.

Like the green of the sea and the sunlight sparkling off the water best. My own personal opinion is that i think the composition works, it leads you into the photo and over the sea to the horizon.

Nice capture for Vast, lovely colours but I am in two minds about the centrally placed horizon

Hi Clive,

Horizontal is a superb image, I like the framing and colours but the details are really good, I keep popping back for a look.

Vast, you have managed to catch so wonderful light there. gorgeous tones of colour in the sea . Perfection.

Hi Clive,

Horizontal - love the colour, it's a lovely image. The shed looks in very good condition cosnsidering you call it your old shed, ours is barely managing to stand and I don't think I'd find many horizontals!

Vast - I know normal photo "rules" would say the horizon shouldn't be in the middle but I actually like it in this image. Some nice light there as well.

Hi Clive - good shot and well processed... I'd agree with Allan et al about losing a touch of sea which would also help move the horizon off centre. Good shot and I like the sparkle on the water (y)

Really nicely captured Clive, the sea definitely captures the vastness for me, so if I was cropping I'd lose some sky, fabulous colours in the water.

You've captured a wonderful array of blues and greens in this and the double vastness is perfect! I think I would lose a little off the water, but not too much - as Susie says there are some great colours there.

Hi Clive,

Horizontal is a superb image, I like the framing and colours but the details are really good, I keep popping back for a look.

Vast, you have managed to catch so wonderful light there. gorgeous tones of colour in the sea . Perfection.

Hi Clive,

Horizontal - love the colour, it's a lovely image. The shed looks in very good condition cosnsidering you call it your old shed, ours is barely managing to stand and I don't think I'd find many horizontals!

Vast - I know normal photo "rules" would say the horizon shouldn't be in the middle but I actually like it in this image. Some nice light there as well.

Thanks for all your comments.

Back