weekly Clives TP 52 Week 52: Celebrate

THe DOF really works there Clive lovely colours and details in the stones. To me it looks like the horizon is out of level.

Thanks for all your comments, I really do need to learn a bit more pp,
Adding gradient is a new one on me! But I think I know how to do the horizon straightening all I need is more time!

Hi Clive ... thought I'd commented on your Stone already.

Yeah I'm not sure what gradient is either, but straightening is straight forward.

I like the low POV ... but not sure I'd go with your chosen focal point, I nearly always prefer to see the nearest (stone whatever) in focus.

stone - I like this shot great Pov just needs a slight straighten

Hi Clive,
Interesting low PoV which works well combined with the shallow DoF.
I will echo Paul's thoughts on horizon and potentially darkening the sky with a gradient.
I don't know what pp tools you are using, but you could do worse than have a look around the quick tips that Scott Kelby posts on YouTube around Lightroom & Photoshop.
Even if you're not using those tools, I suspect that your software would have something similar so you could use the concepts.

Hi Clive,
Interesting low PoV which works well combined with the shallow DoF.
I will echo Paul's thoughts on horizon and potentially darkening the sky with a gradient.
I don't know what pp tools you are using, but you could do worse than have a look around the quick tips that Scott Kelby posts on YouTube around Lightroom & Photoshop.
Even if you're not using those tools, I suspect that your software would have something similar so you could use the concepts.
Thanks for that Tim, I will check that out.

It doesn't get much simpler than that, could perhaps do with something to give it a bit more photographic interest.

Good looking sign, it's grey and raining here so it's nice to see the patches of bright sun through the foliage

Hi Clive. Quite like your choice for Sign - just a shame about the yellow cast though.

Hi Carl, the yellow came from the light shining through the foliage above, everything was bathed in a lovely yellowish light.
Ah! Yes, of course - that explains it Clive. It's sunlight that threw me ... heard of that phenomena but can't recall ever experiencing it ha ha.

Beautiful flowers Clive - #2 is my favourite; it is more dramatic and has more visual impact :clap:

Some great images there Clive I'm with DK it's the first one for me lovely colours and lighting

Hi Clive. Simple - definitely is! For me it's a bit underexposed and could do with some sun glistening off or something to add a touch of extra something.

Sign is neatly captured though, save for the blown highlights on some of the leaves etc. Shame because the sign is caught well.

First flora picture for me - good light and nicely done. (y)

1st one for me also Clive, they really are weird looking things aren't they?

Nice macro as well.

some lovely flowers ... and your Simply certainly is. Might look fun cropped letterbox 50:50 sea & sky.

Hi Clive
Simple - Works for me. it can be hard to capture blue skies well (at least on my 7D it has always been hard) so good job there.
Sign - Certainly fits the theme. A few blown areas though...
Flora - It's between #1 & #3 for me. The look like a bird with a feathered crown on display.

Hi Clive,
simple - a great idea (and so simple)!
flora - it's #2 for me, I like the macro shot

simple - fits the bill and great sky
Sign - right on theme
Flora - I love the bird of paradise plant very striking I like your 2nd shot too, its a tie between 1 and for me

Week 29 Hidden

Donald was a present from my granddaughter Sophie when we took her to Disney last year, he has travelled a bit since then and been photographed on his journeys, his pictures are then sent back to Sophie so she can see where he has been.

Week 29 Hidden.jpg

I like that a lot Clive, the boat is picked out nicely in the moon light and the breakwater leads the eye to the boat. Well done!

All four are good Clive but the stand-out shot is the last for Lone. Like the expanse which accentuates loneliness but the magical sky and reflection. :clap:

Like them all but love the detail of Flora and alone in the sea, he is certainly alone and its going dark which makes it all the more lonely.

Great catch up Chris I love your image for lone the smallness of the boat in hte vast expanse of sea really add the the lonely feel.

Back