weekly Cobra's Shameless shoehorns for 2017 Catch up weeks 4,5&6

... always love those cats with the sharp whiskers. (y)
Cheers David (y)

My first visit to your thread this year, not sure how I've missed it this long. Good to see you up to date as I thought I'd read you were dropping out this year. :) Hope you manage to continue.
The red panda shot is gorgeous. I don't think I've ever seen a wolverine, looks like it was having fun with the ice.
Thanks Steve, and its still its very much in the balance TBH.
At the moment I'm just about hanging in there anyway (y)

Wolverines, I'm not sure that many zoo's have them, Cotswolds wildlife park and ZSL Whipsnade are the only 2 I know of.

The second one for me Chris, the limited colour palette makes it work imo, and of course, it's very sharp. Primarily though, it's the way the puddy tat is separated from the background that gives it the win.

The second one for me Chris, the limited colour palette makes it work imo, and of course, it's very sharp. Primarily though, it's the way the puddy tat is separated from the background that gives it the win.
That's great in depth feed back, Cheers Tim (y)

Back in the saddle, no need to comment guys, as I'm not getting much chance to reciprocate.

Off the wall, a Smooth bore ( shotgun) a nice little Spanish number, hammer action, folding poachers gun.

.410.jpg

A weird one, I took a picture of a Skull, I messed with it, in CS5 and then inverted it, to make it look more like an X-Ray
Bone contains calcium phosphate and calcium carbonate, minerals

Skull.jpg

And last but not least the shoe horn.
Bear grills, is that one of those all you can eat fast food places?
I like Bears, but I doubt I could eat a Whole one

View attachment 95693

Smooth is very nice Chris, like the reflections in the table.

The skull reminded me of one of those crystal skulls that were a big mystery at one time

And a bear ... :) why not. Good catch up

Smooth is very nice Chris, like the reflections in the table.

The skull reminded me of one of those crystal skulls that were a big mystery at one time

And a bear ... :) why not. Good catch up
Thanks for dropping by Chris (y)

well its good to see you back in, I welcome the return of some quality shoehorn action :wideyed:

Hi Cobra finally got to drop by!

Song/Lyric - Love both of those but No1 is my favourite

Order - Great Shoehorn:rolleyes: some nice detail shame you didn't manage to get a catch light .......

Comfort - 2 in a row!! Really like this one great detail and you got a nice pose from the Panda too

Hairy - Great action shot for the first image the bear looks very happy. Great gob shot for the 2nd love the DoF love the detail in the cats fur.

Smooth - A very different take on the theme (where's the animal/gob shot your slacking :bat:) love the detail and muted reflection, great use of DoF to emphasize the barrel of the gun

Mineral - Very weird but works for me I like effect you've achieved

Whole - That's better normal service has been resumed the bear seams to be looking away form you on purpose :LOL:

Mr.C.I like the broken shotgun for Smooth with the butt and barrel just discernable in the bg - lovely watery reflections too.
Hope your prop for Minerals was resourced lawfully and no moonlighting was involved in it's making. Looks awesome - excellent processing.
... and we're back, great shoehorn - lovely looking bear ... not quite as cuddly I suspect as he looks but good to look at all the same.

I'm sure the coat of that bear is real smooth, nice coat for the winter. Its a bit nitty gritty the skull but on theme all the same.
I thought you had disappeared, thought it was somewhere warmer.:rolleyes:

I welcome the return of some quality shoehorn action :wideyed:
Whole - That's better
... and we're back, great shoehorn -
Awww did you miss me? :D

Hi Cobra finally got to drop by!
Thanks for taking the time to comment on them all Mark (y)

Hope your prop for Minerals was resourced lawfully and no moonlighting was involved in it's making.
I couldn't possibly comment :whistle:
I thought you had disappeared, thought it was somewhere warmer.:rolleyes:
I wish :(

Thanks for taking the time to drop by guys its much appreciated, I'll try and reciprocate shortly :)

Like the smooth gun, nice focus. Love the skull as I collect them, plus the bear is a cracker and one big mass of cute :)
Cheers Dave :) I've been looking for one ( skull) for ages, and then I just happened across one :)

Please tell howon earth did you just happen to come across a skull. No, keep it to yourself:muted: :muted:

I'm surprised at what props people have in their homes...

Nice composition for smooth, and nice colours and DoF. I'm not so sure about the skull, but it is on theme. The sad looking bear however is a real shoehorn.

Smooth, been a while since I used a shotgun and I did enjoy it :) Nice POV and DOF.

Mineral, has a real 3D look to it.

Whole :eek: Just wanna give him a big hug :exit:

Cheers.

Liking the shotgun idea, tho very shallow, it's sharp on the smooth inside of barrels. Hope you're looking after it, keeping it clean and well oiled. ;)

Liking the shotgun idea, tho very shallow,
That was the effect I was after, although I'm not sure now if I over did it a tad?

Hope you're looking after it, keeping it clean and well oiled. ;)
Oh yes, I like a nice clean well oiled tool :D

Thanks for stopping by David :)

I like the way the gun almost melts into the background Chris - wonderful wavy reflection too. The skull makes for a really striking image - very unsettling. And I love your bear - beautifully taken as ever, what a handsome chap, and taking all the attention away from our own shoehorns to boot :D

and taking all the attention away from our own shoehorns to boot :D
:LOL: I aim to please :D

Thanks for the kind comments Emma :)

Good to see you still going...

Smooth - nice DOF and an interesting subject, would maybe have liked a little more of the reflection on the bottom of the image.

Mineral - very striking image, good idea with the processing. (Was going to ask why you had a skull around but see you have answered that one already)

Whole - Good to see you back with the shoehorns :)

Smooth - nice DOF and an interesting subject, would maybe have liked a little more of the reflection on the bottom of the image.
Me too Steve, Unfortunately I ran out of reflective surface.

Thanks for dropping by :)

Thought you'd gone a bit to far for the theme in mineral :D looks great.

Who doesn't love a great big cuddly Bear.

(y)

Smooth - I do like this, good composition and just the right amount DOF to make the image work.

Mineral - yip your right it is a bit of a weird one, I think i can see the idea behind the image, just not sure that its working for me.

Whole - as always a good image for a shoehorn, lovely looking bear.

good grief Mr Snake in grazz you're back for another year?? after last year of more shoehorns than a high street full of Clarke's shops??? i mean..those last two... u could have made the gun more interesting, and that bear, is that bear rolling its eyes?? "not that geezer again....." ...isn't there a sign on the gate saying no bear worrying..

Smooth - I do like this, good composition and just the right amount DOF to make the image work.
Mineral - yip your right it is a bit of a weird one, I think i can see the idea behind the image, just not sure that its working for me.
Whole - as always a good image for a shoehorn, lovely looking bear.
Thanks for taking the time to drop by Mandy :)

after last year of more shoehorns than a high street full of Clarke's shops???
Someone has to "set the bar" :)

is that bear rolling its eyes??
Yep (y)

Hey Boss.

Smooth - Guessed it was smooth bore (rather than rifled). Aren't you taught never to look down the barrel of a gun, loaded or not?
Lovely image and not a gob in sight... :)

Mineral - Ah, inverted colours. I thought you'd gone in for some weird lighting. Certainly a bit spooky looking.

Whole - At last, a proper @Cobra shoehorn :) He looks quite wistful and pops nicely from the background.

Aren't you taught never to look down the barrel of a gun, loaded or not?
The gun is folded in half, you are looking at the end where the shells are put in, not the "business" end ;)

Whole - At last, a proper @Cobra shoehorn :) He looks quite wistful and pops nicely from the background.
1 out of 3 isn't bad eh? :D

Thanks for dropping by Tim :)

smooth - love a good gun pic. DoF works nicely, also colours are great
mineral - creepy but cool, i like the effect
whole - nice shoehorn :)

smooth - love a good gun pic. DoF works nicely, also colours are great
mineral - creepy but cool, i like the effect
whole - nice shoehorn :)
Thanks for dropping by and commenting Dom :)

I'm surprised there are not moths flying out of this thread, I had to fight through cobwebs and an inch of dust !!!

:tumbleweed:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

As above Dean, ( somewhere or other) I'm semi retired from the 52's and my birthday seemed like a good time to retire (y)

Last edited:
Back