weekly Cobra's Shameless shoehorns for 2017 Catch up weeks 4,5&6

'No need to comment' but you comment on others,(y) they must be very comfortable with their winter coats, lovely photos.

Well played(n) the red panda is cute enough but I'd go for the otter, nice "action" shot

Red panda pic is great very unusual to catch them doing anything but sleeping in a tree

'No need to comment' but you comment on others,(y) they must be very comfortable with their winter coats, lovely photos.
Thanks Shirley, but TBH I haven't commented much recently, hence my comment :)

Well played(n)
I still have "it" Chris :D

Oh that red panda is just gorgeous! Looks so chilled out too :)
I think he was in his element Emma :D

Red panda pic is great very unusual to catch them doing anything but sleeping in a tree
Its all about "timing" Allan, if you "waste" as much time up there as I do, you get to know their routine, and more importantly,
when the keepers add fresh bamboo :D

Thanks guys, I appreciate you stopping by (y)

Terrific shots Mr.C. - envy your access to such beautiful subjects. The cute factor edges me towards the Red Panda. Both sharp and colourful.

Oooh another enviable red panda photo Chris, looks fabulous, the colours really stand out. Perhaps I'll have to find out when they feed ours to catch a bit of action.
Its always worth asking next time you see a keeper, Susie :)
Terrific shots Mr.C. - envy your access to such beautiful subjects. The cute factor edges me towards the Red Panda. Both sharp and colourful.
I really should get a life TBH Carl :D

Thank you both for your kind comments (y)

Both lovely but the panda has to take it in the cuteness stakes:D

Both lovely but the panda has to take it in the cuteness stakes:D
Seems the Panda takes it in the cute stakes, I thought the Otter shot was a bit fishy TBH :D

Two very beautiful images, and good use of the TP crowbar for the themes, I do love that red panda shot, they are such beautiful animals.
Another vote for the Panda (y)

Two lovely shots just you usual 'shoehorn' standards. Looks like the red panda is enjoying his/her food.
Perhaps I should just stick to shoe horning in Panda shots for the rest of the year ? :D
(That's Baby Scarlet BTW about 6 months old)

Thanks guys, your kind comments are appreciated :)

Two beautiful photos, can I have a red panda please?

On to week 3.
This hairy little guy was having great fun breaking the ice on his pond, and playing with it.

View attachment 94154

Although the light was pretty crap and the paths were a little hairy, slippery from ice,
I did get the gratuitous gob shot.

View attachment 94155

First one is indeed very hairy, what in earth is it can't tell from that angle

Just realised its a Wolverine

Last edited:
Yes, Hugh is definitely a Hairy little guy .. .seems to like ice lollies. Excellent gob shot - like the tufted ears - roaring or yawning? #1 for me 'cos of the playfulness and better themed.

Two lovely shots there as usual Hissy, my fave is the wolverine. Definitely Hairy and looks like it's having fun too :D

Definitely Hairy and looks like it's having fun too :D
Cheers Jill, he spent about half an hour taking the ice out of the small pond and crunching it up :)

Their both on theme, go the top of the class or the leader board. I like the icelolly Wolverine, keeps the animals active. Nice one, Hissy is it:)

Cute little fella, no ice for me this week as it turned out quite mild compared to recent visits. (y)

Cute little fella, no ice for me this week as it turned out quite mild compared to recent visits. (y)
You should have been there (this) Saturday, it was bloody freezing!

Great shot of the wolverine - he's certainly enjoying the cold weather!
He was certainly in his element Emma :)

- and now look, 3 weeks in and you are still up to date, what is going on ;)
Its all going to go tits up before too long Dean, I feel it in me water :D

Thanks for all the kinds comments guys (y)

Both are gob shots, so well done.

Great shot of the skunk bear playing with the ice!

Smashing choice there Chris ...I love the one where he's pulling the ice out of the water ...it must be nice to actually enjoy the cold weather!
Cheers Susie, I was watching him for ages, playing like a cat with the ice, rolling over pawing it, biting it, he was having a whale of a time (y)

More HERE if you are interested btw

that one of the red panda in the tree ...ohhh I'd just have to have that on my wall ....I love it.
Thanks again Susie :)
TBH I don't print much, but its one of many as a desk top, on my PC

... always love those cats with the sharp whiskers. (y)

My first visit to your thread this year, not sure how I've missed it this long. Good to see you up to date as I thought I'd read you were dropping out this year. :) Hope you manage to continue.

The red panda shot is gorgeous. I don't think I've ever seen a wolverine, looks like it was having fun with the ice.

Back