weekly Cowboys 52 in 2013 Done and dusted

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)

Points taken about the massive ;) empty space in the foreground.

Brian, I did notice the clipped mast at the time of processing but not at the time of taking :bonk:

lovely peaceful moment captured there, the lady blissfully unaware of everything else around, but the dog's onto you!! (y)

Would also work as a wider view, unless there's loads of nasties in the background that would show up....

Hi Mark

Solitude indeed.....conveys the theme really well , the light almost looks as if a spotlight was shining down on her....really like this image :clap:

lovely peaceful moment captured there, the lady blissfully unaware of everything else around, but the dog's onto you!! (y)

Would also work as a wider view, unless there's loads of nasties in the background that would show up....

Thanks.
There is someone to her left. They were just standing alone but I thought the single person in shot was better.

Solitude, well spotted. Nice lighting and I like ho she has her eyes closed.

Not keen on the orientation and a little soft.

Cheers.

Cheers.

Hi Mark

Solitude indeed.....conveys the theme really well , the light almost looks as if a spotlight was shining down on her....really like this image :clap:

Thanks.

Hi

As stated above nice reflections and good WB but it does look a bit dark and you have clipped the reflection

Agree with above, love the reflections though, maybe could have gone for a bit more DOF to keep the back of the rear cube in sharp focus.

Lovely and clean. I agree with the clipped reflection being - for me - the only possible negative crit. Nicely done.

Cheers people and thanks for taking the time to comment.

The first edit of this shot I hadn't clipped the reflection but I had missed a few sugar crumbs, when I cloned them out I must've done something to need to crop the photo and I missed the clipping.

As they say, the devils in the detail.

Hi

Nice idea, composition, colour, bokeh all good :clap:, my only crit is the blood if it was just coming from the bottom of the blade it would look so much better.

Hi Mark :wave:

Sweet.....think it's all been said though I didn't notice the clipped cube at 1st , really needs a tad more light on those cubes to make it pop (y)

Cut....like this lots....sharp in all sense of the word , neat idea, good colors & good use of DOF :clap:

Great idea and well shot. Can't help but think a slight clockwise rotation might balance a bit better...

what did you use for the blood?

Nice idea - liking the shot, esp the BG.

Did you put in the razor and then apply the blood?? Might have looked realler the other way round maybe???

The colour and bokeh of the background is superb and the depth of field spot on. Good effort Mark.

Thanks.

Hi

Nice idea, composition, colour, bokeh all good :clap:, my only crit is the blood if it was just coming from the bottom of the blade it would look so much better.

I injected the blood at the base of the blade where it met the apple and it sort of splurged.

Hi Mark :wave:

Sweet.....think it's all been said though I didn't notice the clipped cube at 1st , really needs a tad more light on those cubes to make it pop (y)

Cut....like this lots....sharp in all sense of the word , neat idea, good colors & good use of DOF :clap:

Thanks.

Great idea and well shot. Can't help but think a slight clockwise rotation might balance a bit better...

what did you use for the blood?

The blood is fake blood from Asda (other blood is available from other outlets ;))

Nice idea - liking the shot, esp the BG.

Did you put in the razor and then apply the blood?? Might have looked realler the other way round maybe???

I put the blade in and then injected the blood where the blade met the apple.

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)

Hi Mark, #2 for me. On topic and good exposure with clear focus. Come on keep up, not far to go now. :)

Hey Mark :)

Another vote for 2 here :)

Although I love the in focus 'thingies' in the first shot I prefer the angle of the second and the sign in focus :)

Steps - Great spiral stairs, liking the oof centre and the curve of the steps, the black metal really goes well with the paving background, i'd be tempted to clone out the tiny bit of grass in the top left, other than that Like it (y)

Curve - Now that is a cracking image, the little blue lights and love them curves standing out with the black background and sweeping into the image :clap:

HI Mark, Reflection is an absolute belter. (y)

Melt: Love the ligh/dark - flame vs red vs black thing you have going on there. Super stuff.

OOooff, missed a few.

Standouts for me are Cut, sheesh, that's a weired one. Good detail an well composed. The blood looks quite real :cautious:

Cracking colours in reflection.

Melt, good attempt. Never easy these but you've done a good job.

Cheers.

HI Mark, Reflection is an absolute belter. (y)

Melt: Love the ligh/dark - flame vs red vs black thing you have going on there. Super stuff.

Thanks.

OOooff, missed a few.

Standouts for me are Cut, sheesh, that's a weired one. Good detail an well composed. The blood looks quite real :cautious:

Cracking colours in reflection.

Melt, good attempt. Never easy these but you've done a good job.

Cheers.

Thanks, I try to be a little different at least :)

Hark

melt.....good exposure on a difficult subject , love the color combo & placement in the frame (y)

Thanks again.

Well spotted Mark, it certainly gives that feeling of abandonment being overgrown by the bushes.
A little contrast boost would make this pop a little more IMHO.

Iain

Left, certainly. But where? I think you could have created a better story in your composition here mark, one of how the rubbish being left spoiling the local environment or some other social comment perhaps?

I think the B&W processing helps to create a dingy feel but I agree with Iain about the lack of contrast.

Well spotted Mark, it certainly gives that feeling of abandonment being overgrown by the bushes.
A little contrast boost would make this pop a little more IMHO.

Iain
Thanks.

Left, certainly. But where? I think you could have created a better story in your composition here mark, one of how the rubbish being left spoiling the local environment or some other social comment perhaps?

I think the B&W processing helps to create a dingy feel but I agree with Iain about the lack of contrast.

Thanks, something to think on. I need to get my head back into it.

Hi Mark
Sorry seem to have missed a few

REFLECTION nice colour and a nice idea to capture it in a mirror
MELT good exposure which must have been difficult and a nice black BG
LEFT perhaps a wider shot may not have been possible i know and it does seem a little lost
FOOD a good clean shot of the can but i feel it needs a little more a better placing within the frame maybe

Hi Mark
Sorry seem to have missed a few

REFLECTION nice colour and a nice idea to capture it in a mirror
MELT good exposure which must have been difficult and a nice black BG
LEFT perhaps a wider shot may not have been possible i know and it does seem a little lost
FOOD a good clean shot of the can but i feel it needs a little more a better placing within the frame maybe
Thanks.
FOOD was just a quick capture to try and catch up but I was still after a decent image so thanks for taking the time to comment.

Back