weekly d00d's 52s in 2021 > Week 11 ~ Smooth

That's well and truly past its sell-by-date. Good focus and sharp with some nice texture.
Fruit
It's a shame you couldn't isolate the hip a bit more.
You've got good detail in the hip and it's nice and sharp.
What is it we photographers find beauty in dead or dying plants?

Thanks guys ... it was those dead green bits turned grey that caught my eye.

and @minx those hairy seeds must be what we put down the shirts of other boys during school morning assembly ... and watch them squirm :ROFLMAO:

Very likely indeed as they were apparently ground up to make itching powder

The detail is great, it took me a while before I wandered to the background. It makes the subject really engaging, as simple as it is.

Some great sharp detail in there, it almost looks frosted.

Nice close-up, though the background is a bit distracting for me.
Thank you. I could have taken it home and shot it against something less erm ... distracting. But that's not my thing. :cool:

Week 2: Dirty

ACtC-3d_wY833Nth2Q4FOgfzjZkOxkjr5FUaWC5QJXesWgBO1CWed34Jv47D4wpMWLAngtd0mMSX8UwVM8S1pqQ48vQGBPNxT16UaPYUkMN-jcEEzH-miky8g3P-76acFNKAAbrlIm8_1DJC_jG0Izovtvhbcg=w1627-h867-no

Nice one David, an early post for the theme.
It ticks the box nicely, good work (y)

Nice one David, an early post for the theme.
It ticks the box nicely, good work (y)
Cool shot for dirty David, very nice.
Thanks guys ... not hugely exciting, and I wasn't in any rush to be first, but I got half a dozen different dirty car shots locally this morning, chose this and PABD. I've learnt that Audi have the best badge for this, there's dirt on the bodywork in the middle of each O :p

That actually looks textured, but I guess it's dirt. I daren't look at my own car. It looks to be taken in quite bright light, or did you use flash?

Dirty in more ways than one as the Volkswagen Audi Group were found to be misreporting their emissions data over the last few years, they were far dirtier than they were letting on.

That's got some dirt... I don't think my volvo is anywhere near as grubby, even though it does 250 motorway miles a week and hasn't been washed since lockdown 1
That actually looks textured, but I guess it's dirt. I daren't look at my own car. It looks to be taken in quite bright light, or did you use flash?
Dirty in more ways than one as the Volkswagen Audi Group were found to be misreporting their emissions data over the last few years, they were far dirtier than they were letting on.
Thanks guys ... yes I remember hearing about VWs and their misreportings, so you may be onto something there Martin. But I thought car dirty rear ends was due to the aerodynamics. Hatchbacks (a Golf is a good example) get dirty on the motorway.

No flash was used, just sun over my right shoulder. And a texturing boost in PP. :D

Works for me, definitley dirty and grabs the interest.

A nice simple image, well presented David (y)

The light on the logo and the processing make for a lot of nice texture. Works really well David.

This makes a surprisingly pleasing image and definitely dirty.

Dirty
It's simple and to the point. I like the position of the Audi symbol. Maybe if it had been your car, you could have added a clean spot, just to emphasize the dirt.

Nearby, nice angles for the shot, coffee table top look to it.
Fruit, nice colours on your rotting rose fruit
Dirty Audi....its too cold for washing the car.

Dirty
It's simple and to the point. I like the position of the Audi symbol. Maybe if it had been your car, you could have added a clean spot, just to emphasize the dirt.
Thanks ... I did think about finding a white van with the *CLEAN ME* message. ;)

Nearby, nice angles for the shot, coffee table top look to it.
Fruit, nice colours on your rotting rose fruit
Dirty Audi....its too cold for washing the car.
Thanks Clive. :D

Simple and straightforward composition. Works really well.

I had a similar thought for one of mine.

As there's so little colour in your shot, did you try a version in full B&W?

Nah couldn't see the benefit of B&W. I've tried it now and not half so good.

B&W is good for portraits (especially older people with blotchy skin), and those street pics with brutalist architecture and shadows. ;)

For all it's simplicity, that's a really pleasing image. Nice one!

Back