Darkslinger's 52 Week Challenge - 2020

That's a nicely composed shot. I like the dof and the mono processing adds to the image. I do hope the found the cat!

Nice take on the theme :)

Well spotted Bill and bang on theme.
Thanks Pete, I appreciate your comments.

That's a nicely composed shot. I like the dof and the mono processing adds to the image. I do hope the found the cat!
Thank you Helen, I thought that processing it in b&w would bring out the grittiness a bit. The area is near the worst of downtown Vancouver.

Nice take on the theme :)
Thanks Dave!

Cat's actually answer to a name? Far more likely to the rattle of their food.
Anyway, an interesting shot with a street vibe.
Cats in Canada do come when they are called by name but then we begin apologizing for calling them and they leave again... :D

Great shot for the theme.
Thank you Phil!

Little tiny leaves in a community garden in the heart of downtown Vancouver:

Dec 02 (1 of 1)-5.jpg

Camera - I different take on the theme, well shoe-horned.
Leaves - A very crisp frost shot. I'm torn between the portrait that you've chosen and a square/landscape crop (perhaps due to the resolution of my screen).
Thanks Tim, yes, I played with a square crop but I liked the blurred continuation of the leaves/plants in the background. I thought that they added a bit of context.

Reactions: LC2
Thanks Shug, it was a cold frosty morning in Vancouver but it warmed up nicely. It's actually been a very mild winter season so far but I'm told that we are in for some very chilly weather.

I like the light and angle of view to highlight all those lovely textures.
Thank you Stan, my new Olympus has a "flippy" screen and I'm having a blast getting low points of view without having to lay my head on the ground :D

Leaves
I like the dof you've gone for, it really helps to separate from the background.

Last edited:
A rather heavily "modded" image to make it an abstract landscape (to me it looks like sand dunes):

1f.jpg

This was the original image. A ICM image of a bamboo cane that I panned vertically:

1ff (1 of 1).jpg

Last edited:
I also contemplated going with this one. The bottom of a bottle that I came across while walking in one of our local parks:

1e.jpg

Nice abstracty arty farty blurry stuffs :)

I like the colour version, very arty and abstract.
Thanks Stan, I like it as well, just thought that I'd try to push my boundaries a bit with the "landscape"... :)

I really like the image you've chosen, definitely abstract and has a 'fine art' feel to it too, nice job.

Had real trouble with the Showcase theme. I couldn't really decide but finally settled on this shot of a road crew working in Chinatown in Vancouver:

1.jpg

Abstract
I can see where you're coming from with the same dunes. It certainly looks like a seascape.

Showcase
I really like your China town shot. The light and steam/smoke give great atmosphere.

Nice set there and yes - right one selected :)

I remember that one at the time. It is definitely the best for me. Beautifully lit and composed - it has great atmosphere.

Back