Darkslinger's 52 Week Challenge - 2020

It's interesting to me when digital collides with non-digital and the market demands that manufacturers try to meet the needs of both...in this case the pen and the touchpoint in one package

1 digital (1 of 1).jpg

Two in one! I just admit that much as I love digital, my note taking and reading etc is much easier on analogue.

I like the tablet in the background with the analogue in the foreground. Nicely thought through and put together photo.

Two in one! I just admit that much as I love digital, my note taking and reading etc is much easier on analogue.

I like the tablet in the background with the analogue in the foreground. Nicely thought through and put together photo.
Thanks Shug. I continue to take manual notes while in meetings at work but when I interview candidates for my team I take notes digitally.

Sunset at a beach near my house. That's a Heron resting on the pier.

nov 05 (1 of 1)-2.jpg

Really like this, the pier leads you in to the image. Top Shot.

really nice and, as has been said, the Heron really adds that extra dimension to it. Nice soft focus too.

Lovely shot that - and a bonus Heron too :)

Nice seascape the bird is a great addition

Thanks Allan, I appreciate the comments.

Really like this, the pier leads you in to the image. Top Shot.

Thanks Roger. I was calling this a pier but I'm not sure what it really is. I think that it is a structure to keep the beach from eroding.

The Heron really makes it.
Can't have been an easy image to make with all that dynamic range !

Thanks Tim, I know that the sun setting to the right is blown out but I thought that my new Olympus did a good job overall.

Great image, Heron is spot on. Even like the dull cloud, it add atmosphere.

Pete

Thanks Pete, the clouds were both dull and vibrant if that makes sense.

really nice and, as has been said, the Heron really adds that extra dimension to it. Nice soft focus too.

Thanks Jim!

Digital - nice composition for the theme
Snappers choice - as said - a good atmospheric shot

Thanks Phil, appreciate your feedback.

Lovely shot that - and a bonus Heron too :)

Thanks Dave, it was actually the clouds and atmosphere that were the bonus! I was focused on getting a shot of the heron...

Thanks Shug, it's actually quite common for herons to sit on these piers, I was lucky that the sunset provided an interesting backdrop.

Don't think that I'll get a chance to get out and shoot before Thursday so I threw this together. Text in Word and printed on a piece of paper.

narrow (1 of 1) (2).jpg

Last edited:
A nice creative take on the theme :)

Hmm, not sure on this. The use of DoF makes it look a bit like one of those targets you use for checking focus micro adjustment on a dslr. Except it doesn't have the perspective, which makes it look a bit odd to my eye.

Very imaginative idea. The DoF works OK for me but I do find it a bit difficult to settle my eyes on the focal point (perhaps another colour text for the word that is in focus?). Good for the theme though ;)

Well can’t say it doesn’t fit the theme and that’s a plus point
Thanks Allan, yeah, fits it, but not my best work...

A novel idea, and I think you've photographed it with a narrow depth of field too :)
Thanks Bebop.

A nice creative take on the theme :)
Thank you Dave.

Hmm, not sure on this. The use of DoF makes it look a bit like one of those targets you use for checking focus micro adjustment on a dslr. Except it doesn't have the perspective, which makes it look a bit odd to my eye.
LOL, didn't think of that Tim but yeah it does look like a depth of field testing page...

Nicely creative! Well thought through.
Thanks Shug.

Imaginative thinking for the theme. Works for me.
Thank you Helen.

Very imaginative idea. The DoF works OK for me but I do find it a bit difficult to settle my eyes on the focal point (perhaps another colour text for the word that is in focus?). Good for the theme though ;)
That's too funny Jim! The reason it made me laugh is because I was also playing with the Olympus in-camera focus stacking so you're right in a sense in that there were 8 shots combined all with different focal points. For this image I think that it made things a little odd.

This theme made me laugh in that, of the last four images I posted, three of them has paper either as a main subject or a strong secondary subject.. This one makes four for five!

Nov 21 (1 of 1).jpg

Back