weekly Daryl's 52 for week 9 Money

Name
Daryl
Edit My Images
No
]Im really new to this and being pushed with by my really best mate with online help to put a pic up Im not a professional and this is the second time i have publically posted a pic

Week 1 : Direction
Week 2 :Fear
Week 3 :Sigh
Week 4 :Sweet
Week 5 :secure
Week 6 :Industry
Week 7 :Root
Week 8 :
Week 9 :Money
Week 10 :
Week 11 :
Week 12 :
Week 13 :
Week 14 :
Week 15 :
Week 16 :
Week 17 :
Week18 :
Week 19 :
Week 20 :
Week 21 :
Week 22 :
Week 23 :
Week 24 :
Week 25 :
Week 26 :
Week 27 :
Week 28 :
Week 29 :
Week 30 :
Week 31 :
Week 32 :
Week 33 :
Week 34 :
Week 35 :
Week 36 :
Week 37 :
Week 38 :
Week 39 :
Week 40 :
Week 41 :
Week 42 :
Week 43 :
Week 44 :
Week 45 :
Week 46 :
Week 47 :
Week 48 :
Week 49 :
Week 50 :
Week 51 :
Week 52 :

Last edited:
Bloody hell Daryl, took 47 minutes on the phone but we got there in the end!!!

Nice take on the theme for this week and very good considering that this is your first time using a tripod let alone doing trails...lol

I like your exposure here, I might of been tempted to do a slightly longer exposure.

It's a shame that the other side of the road wasnt a little busier to get the red trails going but the white trails are very good indeed.

A great attempt at the theme and a great first go (y)

Looking forward to your 52 especially to watch you improve though the year and look forward to finally getting out and doing some shooting with you soon.

Maybe we can go do some traffic trails or star trails :)

Well done Daryl it's a great start to your 52 and certainly covers direction!!

It could be improved with longer red trails and I can't believe its your first time using a tripod. I look forward to seeing your next 51!

Well done Daryl it's a great start to your 52 and certainly covers direction!!

It could be improved with longer red trails and I can't believe its your first time using a tripod. I look forward to seeing your next 51!
I agree with Sarah's comments on this one. I even wondered whether further cropping may help but I think you've captured the subject well.

Daryl, great take on the theme. This is something i plan to attempt over the next couple of weeks.
Agree with comments about red trails, but still a great start

A cracking start! It's nit often you see a traffic trail where the oncoming lights are more dominant. the only critique I can offer would be to try and capture some colour in the sky. There is a great tutorial on light trails written by one of the members here that is well worth a read.

Best of luck with your project :)

In London yesterday looking around to see what we can do for Fear then came across this builing in Westminster, thought with the light casting shadow on the statue and the tree gave it that negative sensation.

DSC05495(1) by .daryl1969, on Flickr

Last edited:
Looks a spooky place to me, well done you (y)
Not sure if a shot taken with more of it in would be better though :shrug:

Looks spooky enough to me Daryl.

Also looking on Flickr I see that you did some more traffic trails, good work much better :)

Click on the link in my signature and
Join the 52 Flickr group

Good start Daryl, I wanted to do a light trail for my first week and I really get a spooky feeling with the second image.

Hi Daryl, as has been said, more red would have improved and it looks better via Flickr. A tweak of your white balance may improve.

Fear, yeah, spooky. More would be better and could you get more square on, the tree is a bit distracting. I actually like the shadows cast by the flash.

Cheers and good luck

Hi Daryl

Great start to your project.....

wk 1....oooh ,I love light trails & think you've done really well here :clap: whites not blown , nice elevated position...shame about the lack of reds but thats just how the cookie crumbles sometimes .Check out MWHCVT tutorial on light trails if you fancy some more

WK 2....very spooky shadow there....right on theme , nice conversion...possibly needs a little straighten ?...good stuff mister , look forward to seeing your next 50 weeks (y)

Hi Daryl

#1 - Never done any long exposure work so don' know much about technique but to me this works fine. Probably you will get more benefit from the other comments

#2 - yeah works as a fear picture and I like the incorporation of the spindly tree branches - a bit day of the triffids. Good spot

Hello Daryl,

Direction - I think you've done really well for never having done light trails or used a tripod before. Shame about the lack of cars on the other side of the road, but nothing you could do about that.

Fear - Very spooky. I especially like the shadows.

Direction : An excellent idea, and good take on the theme (several of them actually ;))

Fear : Works perfectly. At first glance the double shadow of the gargoyle drew me in, and I wasn't sure, but actually, that helps enhance the effect. The only thing I'd say, it might be worth darkening down just a little... but good work,

(y) Daryl, absolutely love "fear".
That's right up my street. Tons of atmosphere and the shadows just make it for me. There have already been a couple of comments about straightening it, but TBH with the converging verticals I think it'll always be a bit off whichever way you rotate it, so personally I'd go for an even more pronounced tilt to add to the spooky, unbalanced feel.

Agree with John about darkening a little - particularly right at the bottom of the frame. Maybe a subtle vignette would do the trick???

Lottery by .daryl1969, on Flickr

Well I really struggled this week and been really busy to get this pic done I think its to red but hey i just got it in there. I think we have all been there,you just know you will sigh when you know you aint won jack. When I have woken up will add it properly to me list. Lets hope today's topic will be better

Last edited:
I like the idea and the blurry TV picture works well, but the ticket is a little dark.
If you had won you'd have need a new idea for the picture.

Think this would of been a unanimous sigh across the country!
Good luck with Sweet, if only it was the sweet feeling of happiness when you win tonight?

Oh yes, I sigh every week at that! Perhaps a slightly better lit ticket would help, but other than that, spot on!

Thanks for all your comments I can totally agree on the ticket being dark. I did this late last night and unfortunately I broke the front room light playing tennis on the Wii lol. Sorry you couldn't see the fear pic I'm useless with this sight putting pictures on and links I have to phone my friend on here to tell me how you do it lol,

Back