weekly Daryl's 52 for week 9 Money

You can't beat a nice chocolate :D

I'd rather the top and bottom chocolate weren't cropped and I'd like to see a slightly deeper DOF.

Some nice, rich browns, though.

Cheers.

I like these DoF shots but it's too tightly cropped for me.

Liking your Sigh idea Daryl... as you say a bit red indeed, but a cracking idea !!!

Sweet - Mmmmmm.... Nice image, like the dof, but a shame the top chocky is clipped, and with such a light background, what do you think of a tiny border to make it stand out a tad - anyway... Nice Pic (y)

Thanks for your comments I will see if I can redo the shot with the top chic not cropped of and like you say with some border, I did it white thinking they would stand out more

Hi Daryl,

I do like your take on sigh, great idea....love the choccies too.

Carol

Yep the retake is better I think and I'm surprised you still had them for a retake, if it was me I would have had to go and buy some more. :LOL:

Lovely DOF on that last one Daryl and like the thinking behind the TP chocolates :)

Also like the lighting, good work mate..

Just waiting for a phone call on how to edit the post now...lol

Sweet looks great; another person concentrating on a great photo instead of an out of the box idea, which is a good way to go. Great DoF and tones.

Agree re the crop; the second one is better in that respect, but doesn't work as well for me for some unknown reason. Possibly because of the line in the background?

Last edited:
Really nice shot, def the 2nd version though.

There is a slight line in the background but it's not massively obvious until it's pointed out.

I've worked out what it is; needs cropping left and right to get rid of the sweets there. So left and right cropped like the original, but the top like version 2.

Hi Daryl

Sigh....oh yes...every blooming week :crying: great idea...bang on theme....love it (y)

Sweet......ooooh...yes please....they look scrummy......of the 3 images posted ,your last edit works best for me...nice focus , colors & textures.....crop the sides & you have a winner :clap:

Good shot there i think the 2nd is the better, wondered how a pyramid of chocalates would look

Hi Daryl sorry i haven't managed to drop by before

Direction - i'm a sucker for a light trail and this works well

Fear - Nice perspective and the lighting is just right

Sigh - yes, stopped doing the lottery a while ago as i was always sighing

sweet - like the second one, the wider crop is much better and a good use of DOF

Thanks for all your responses and always appreciate comments especially as I have never done anything like this before. Hopefully by week 38 I might get it right lol.

DSC05722 by .daryl1969, on Flickr

Well had trouble finding the time this week and eneded up doing what i really didnt want to do a Padlock, but hey i got in there at the last minute again. I wanted to put something else but the other half chose this one.

Last edited:
You make me laugh Daryl, wasn't it you that said wait for all the padlock pictures??? Lol

However I like your take on it, maybe slightly more depth of field to make the last couple of bars more out of focus, really like the point of view, colours and lighting.

You sure left that to the last minute mate, but you got there :)

like the lighting on this Daryl can't make my mind up if i would like to see more or less of the blue chain cover on the right hand side

Yes roly I did say that BUT I've only seen 1 lock on here so thought I would get away with. But thank you all for your comments and now starting to learn the terminology put upon me to try and improve week after week

Hi Daryl,
The sweet retake is very nice. Mouth watering. I like the secure lock too, with the flakey paint and rails leading into the oof background. Nice pics.

Sweet - The last image definitely works. I could imagine the image being used in some advertising

Secure - I would like to have seen more of the padlock rather than a side view I'm afraid

Industry by .daryl1969, on Flickr

Im a week to late for this but im not giving up, I was at Canary Wharf today looking how the old shipping quays are now all but gone in london and how the modern Industry has taken over. If your ever around there visit the museum its well worth the look

Last edited:
Like the thinking behind this one Daryl, certainly captures the way that industry had changed in London over the years.

Like the way that the cloud is eating away at the buildings, would crop the building out on the left hand side as its slightly distracting and not really adding anything to the picture.

Good work :)

Oh your not a week late, only a day...

Thanks for the comments, not sure why it didnt look industry considering its canary wharf the biggest part of the banking industry. Blondie i think the old building is actually a new build, but in the 1800's this was such a busy area for trade with shipping etc

Back