weekly DAVE'S 2021 WEEKLY 52 SHOWCASE & Finished

2 really nice images for toys Dave, I prefer the first as I like the vintage look of the processing, which really suits the subject. Great job

Shapes
I had to search online to identify what the item was, not being familiar with these accessories. It definitely meets the theme with a couple of shapes.

Numbers
The mono just shades it for the extra detail it adds to the cubes, great reflections too.

Toys
I really like the processing on the main image with the chosen background adding to the overall effect

Both pictures really do it for me and if I had to pick I would choose the first one. I like the old timely feel to it.

Shapes
I had to search online to identify what the item was, not being familiar with these accessories. It definitely meets the theme with a couple of shapes.

Numbers
The mono just shades it for the extra detail it adds to the cubes, great reflections too.

Toys
I really like the processing on the main image with the chosen background adding to the overall effect
Both pictures really do it for me and if I had to pick I would choose the first one. I like the old timely feel to it.

Thank you both.

well, it works and fits the theme. Mobile cameras certainly do add plenty of colour don't they?

I think I prefer the second one. The red/green contrast is much more striking and the flow of the subject into the frame is a lot more pleasing. The first image doesn't feel as considered with the bannister rails and steps providing a distraction from the leaf.

Really do like the colours in that 2nd one though!

I think I prefer the second one. The red/green contrast is much more striking and the flow of the subject into the frame is a lot more pleasing. The first image doesn't feel as considered with the bannister rails and steps providing a distraction from the leaf.

Really do like the colours in that 2nd one though!
Hi Dave quick shot or not they’re spot on for the theme and both look good, I do agree about the second one though, that extra splash of colour certainly gives it an eye catching edge.

Thank you both, it was a great day for us.

Yep - placky leaves tick the box!

Artificial
I like the first shot, it seems a bit more natural for Ivy to be climbing up and around something.

Was it seriously a life changing 'yes' ????? If so, I am very happy for you. Wonderful to hear!

I have known her for many years but was in another relationship, she was a nurse then and still is. It was her who was the nurse on my Mums ward when she was in for the virus and it was her who sadly told me the news of my daughter. Mum is over the moon with the news but we will not rush as I wanted to do it in Paris.

Thank you too.

I have known her for many years but was in another relationship, she was a nurse then and still is. It was her who was the nurse on my Mums ward when she was in for the virus and it was her who sadly told me the news of my daughter. Mum is over the moon with the news but we will not rush as I wanted to do it in Paris.

Thank you too.
I am so very pleased for you Dave. That really is wonderful news. You have had such a hard time over the last couple of years, it is heart warming to hear such good news.
I hope you will enjoy many happy years together <3 <3

Talk Photography is lacking the heart emoji :)

I am so very pleased for you Dave. That really is wonderful news. You have had such a hard time over the last couple of years, it is heart warming to hear such good news.
I hope you will enjoy many happy years together <3 <3

Talk Photography is lacking the heart emoji :)
Great news Dave... so pleased to hear something good is going for you. Tick on pic and everything else :clap:

Thank you both, means a lot. We are not going to be rushing so have all the time in the world.

I'm torn here, the clash of the carpet brings the second shot to life, but in the first shot, peeking through the bars to the staircase behing pulls me into the shot and creates a sense of curiosity.

... oh, and many congratulations! :)

Dave, many many congratulations on your news. I wish the two of you all the happiness in the world. You blinking well deserve it!

Picture wise I think you chose the right one but more importantly congratulations

I'm torn here, the clash of the carpet brings the second shot to life, but in the first shot, peeking through the bars to the staircase behing pulls me into the shot and creates a sense of curiosity.

... oh, and many congratulations! :)
Dave, many many congratulations on your news. I wish the two of you all the happiness in the world. You blinking well deserve it!
Picture wise I think you chose the right one but more importantly congratulations

Thanks very much folks.

First up Dave, congratulations :)
I too prefer the second shot, I might have been tempted to use the strong diagonal of the red carpet and crop it corner to corner.
It ticks the box nonetheless (y)

I'm liking the first Artificial photo Dave, the red in the second one is a bit distracting.

And the 1st Patterns is a bit more subtle, but it looks like it should be restored a bit.

Pete

I'm liking the first Artificial photo Dave, the red in the second one is a bit distracting.

And the 1st Patterns is a bit more subtle, but it looks like it should be restored a bit.

Pete

Thank you Pete.

You've captured the intricate patterns on the pavilion nicely. Funky material on the bike too.

Thank you Bebop.

Plenty of patterns in the pavilion there Dave works well for me

Thank you Allan.

The pavilion has lots of patterns and a nice symmetrical composition.

That works for me Dave (y)

Back