weekly Delta Skies 2014 TP52 - Week 51 Extravagant & Week 52 Support (that's 2014 done)

Hi Peter

Simply stunning image.....perfect product shot in every way.....not crit at all......:clap::clap::clap:
Many thanks Lynne

Super image Peter and a smashing gift. I'm sure the shop would be pleased to see such an excellent advert for their work.
Thanks Susie. I have since emailed them to make sure they are happy for me to use there logo/name and also to see if they want the image

Like it Peter, the advertisement element certainly adds to it.
Thanks Michael

Very nice and sparkly peter, those faceted balls really catch the light beautifully.

Composition works well, many other ways of arranging the ends and I'm sure you tried most of them. Would be a case ofdifferent but not necessarily better.

I'm presuming its a radial filter rather than lighting.... I'd like to see a bit more feathering if that is the case. Good work on the text and logo too.

One more to go and less than 12 hours of the year left. :naughty:

Very nice and sparkly peter, those faceted balls really catch the light beautifully.

Composition works well, many other ways of arranging the ends and I'm sure you tried most of them. Would be a case ofdifferent but not necessarily better.

I'm presuming its a radial filter rather than lighting.... I'd like to see a bit more feathering if that is the case. Good work on the text and logo too.

One more to go and less than 12 hours of the year left. :naughty:
Many thanks for the comments Graham. 12 hours left? Well here goes for my last shot of the year.........

Week 52 - Support

Support by Delta Skies, on Flickr

I have to say I've really enjoyed doing B&W's this year so I thought I'd end my 52 on that note. This is at Ferrybridge next door to the power station and saw this when I went for the energy theme. I thought I'd return yesterday to get another gritty mono image. Given the extremes of exposure this was a merge of a few shots ranging from 1.6 seconds down to 1/100th and then converted using Silver Efex.

Peter, that is a belter, 11mm has worked a treat, it has really emphasised the top of the bridge. SEP is a cracking piece of software and you've processed this really well.

I've enjoyed your submissions this year, there have been some cracking submissions from those taking part and yours have been up there with the best :clap:

Cheers.

Well done Peter, another great image to finish, love the processing, looks almost like a pencil drawing (y)

Happy New year, atb for 2015

Hi Peter, 2 great images to finish on and both so different in style, you have produced some excellent pictures this year :clap:

Have a good new year

Agree with Phil on the line drawing effect it has. Solid grasp of blending the exposure shown here, to a really good end result.

You've done well to make it through a tough year, producing shots of a really high technical standard each and every week, and I will say in the latter half really bringing in a more emotional, humorous, and artistic showing to your subnmisions.

You've taken critique well and offered a very accurate assessment on all others offerings.

Good luck if you decide to go again next year. :)

Hi Peter

EXTRAVAGANT .. lovely detail ... but I dunno ... it looks a bit incomplete ... and dare I say ... cheesey!

SUPPORT .. a belter indeed ... I've been working on *support* of a similar sort (concrete structures) but it's back to the drawing board for me.

Superb shot to complete your challenge this year, the detail you've captured is impressive , almost has a Pencil/charcoal drawing feel to it which I really like :clap:

It's been great following your thread Peter , you always produce some amazing work , partic in B&W , look forward to seeing more of your images , if not in the 52 then elsewhere on the site (y)

Wonderful looking image to end your 52 challenge, I hope you have a great 2015.
Thanks Mandy

Peter, that is a belter, 11mm has worked a treat, it has really emphasised the top of the bridge. SEP is a cracking piece of software and you've processed this really well.

I've enjoyed your submissions this year, there have been some cracking submissions from those taking part and yours have been up there with the best :clap:

Cheers.
Many thanks Andy. I agree about SEP. I've just bought the whole collection yesterday so I've plenty more to play with now (y)

Well done Peter, another great image to finish, love the processing, looks almost like a pencil drawing (y)

Happy New year, atb for 2015
Thanks Phil

Hi Peter, 2 great images to finish on and both so different in style, you have produced some excellent pictures this year :clap:

Have a good new year
Many thanks Allan

That's a belter Peter... A quality shot to finish on. You've been an inspiration this year - thank you
Thanks Paul

Agree with Phil on the line drawing effect it has. Solid grasp of blending the exposure shown here, to a really good end result.

You've done well to make it through a tough year, producing shots of a really high technical standard each and every week, and I will say in the latter half really bringing in a more emotional, humorous, and artistic showing to your subnmisions.

You've taken critique well and offered a very accurate assessment on all others offerings.

Good luck if you decide to go again next year. :)
Many thanks for the kind words Graham

Hi Peter

EXTRAVAGANT .. lovely detail ... but I dunno ... it looks a bit incomplete ... and dare I say ... cheesey!

SUPPORT .. a belter indeed ... I've been working on *support* of a similar sort (concrete structures) but it's back to the drawing board for me.
Thanks David. No need to consider a different subject. Go for it. We all have a different take on things.

Superb shot to complete your challenge this year, the detail you've captured is impressive , almost has a Pencil/charcoal drawing feel to it which I really like :clap:

It's been great following your thread Peter , you always produce some amazing work , partic in B&W , look forward to seeing more of your images , if not in the 52 then elsewhere on the site (y)
Many thanks Lynne

Hi Peter ...that's a superb image, I'm not sure what Silver Efex is exactly but it certainly adds another dimension to your shots. Your thread has been inspiring, very well done for making it to the end :clap:
Thanks Susie. Silver Efex is a plugin for Photoshop which gives you all sorts of conversions into mono plus endless fun making further adjustments to the standard settings - See this link

Damn... another with a cracking end photo, your use of a portraite crop has emphasised the size of the bridge beautifully, I love the virtual full symatry of the image with the bottom pof the bridge and reflection, and the curving bank wrapping around the middle... what a fantastic spot you found - Love It :clap:

Well done for getting to the end too Peter with the year you have had (y)

Extravagant - A beautiful image Peter. Love the way you've arranged and lit it.
Support - A fabulous shot to end the year on. Can't add to what's already been said. :clap:

Last edited:
Damn... another with a cracking end photo, your use of a portraite crop has emphasised the size of the bridge beautifully, I love the virtual full symatry of the image with the bottom pof the bridge and reflection, and the curving bank wrapping around the middle... what a fantastic spot you found - Love It :clap:

Well done for getting to the end too Peter with the year you have had (y)
Many thanks Dean. I enjoyed it

Extravagant - A beautiful image Peter. Love the way you've arranged and lit it.
Support - A fabulous shot to end the year on. Can't add to what's already been said. :clap:
Thanks Susie

Back