weekly DK's 2012 '52' - UPDATED 28-12-12

Direction - Simply Red? Simply Red? Simply? Red? Other than that a good idea and well taken,

Sight - nice take but as per some of the other comments I'd prob crop the legs.

Secure - yep, that should stop most things!

Industry - Very, very nice, I likes it a lot.

Hi Dk

Good image. Good to see a night shot as it kind of emphases the power connection. really like the catch of the lights and the metal. Some suggestion that the right hand side is lacking in datail , understandably, but then cropping off that side would lose the detail in the pipes etc at ground level. Maybe more interest to the laft but only you would be able to judge that. Overall a very good shot which I would be happy with.

Love the edit, the line of lights going from the left all the way along and up the chimney, combined with the pipe work on the right and Yellow cast really make a great shot.

Direction - Simply Red? Simply Red? Simply? Red? Other than that a good idea and well taken,

Sight - nice take but as per some of the other comments I'd prob crop the legs.

Secure - yep, that should stop most things!

Industry - Very, very nice, I likes it a lot.
Thanks Ivan - Appreciate you popping by and commenting :)

I gather you like Simply Red :D

Hi Dk

Good image. Good to see a night shot as it kind of emphases the power connection. really like the catch of the lights and the metal. Some suggestion that the right hand side is lacking in datail , understandably, but then cropping off that side would lose the detail in the pipes etc at ground level. Maybe more interest to the laft but only you would be able to judge that. Overall a very good shot which I would be happy with.

Ah sorry - just seen edit. Really good
Hey Alan - Thanks for the detailed comment :) I liked it before the edit with the pipes, but I don't think it lacks anything now without them

Love the edit, the line of lights going from the left all the way along and up the chimney, combined with the pipe work on the right and Yellow cast really make a great shot.

Like both industry shots, moving towards the cropped version. Exposure looks bang on, like what it's done to the lights
Hey Darren... Thanks for the positive comments (y)

Liking take 2, I'm always a sucker for the starbursts :)
Cheers Stephen... Me Too (y)

Love the star bursts on industry and the fallen gate on secure
Thanks Manda :)

Sigh - Your picture for this theme is absolute genius.
Cheers Sam... glad you like it :)

Good industry shot - might be tempted to tweak the white balance a little to make it less yellow!

Excellent Industry shot! Liking the starburst too. Cant see any exif on the photo but Im assuming you managed the starburst through a high f stop rather than a filter?
Hi Donne... Thanks, yep the starbursts were from the high f-stop, the exif should be there. but here are the main settings anyway

Exposure - 8
Aperture - f/22.0
Focal Length -15 mm
ISO Speed -400
Exposure Program Aperture - priority AE

Good industry shot - might be tempted to tweak the white balance a little to make it less yellow!
Cheers Phil... I will have to disagree with this one, the lights were very yellow :D

Right, I better start checking some Late industry entries so I can finally move on to Root comments :)

Hi DK,

Loving your second industry shot, the lighting makes the shot for me. Nice to see a factory at night, imho they aren't the prettiest buildings to look at in the daylight but at night time, with the lights, it's quite lovely! I like the colour too.

Carol

Hi DK,

Loving your second industry shot, the lighting makes the shot for me. Nice to see a factory at night, imho they aren't the prettiest buildings to look at in the daylight but at night time, with the lights, it's quite lovely! I like the colour too.

Carol
Thanks Carol :)

Well... week has been busy work wise, not been able to get out so will do my 'Root' on Saturday Morning :shake:

Hi DK

Industry....great image , love the star burst lights...liking this a lot....both the original & the edit :clap:

Hi DK

Industry....great image , love the star burst lights...liking this a lot....both the original & the edit :clap:
Thanks Lynne - appreciated :)

Love love love the light bursts. Really nice night shot :)
Cheers Alex, glad you liked it :)

RIGHT... thanks all for the wonderful feedback and encouragement (y)

Now uploading my late Root :cautious:

For those that can't see it, 'I'll spell it out for you' My take on Root

Toughie subject this week for a different take.... working late and unable to get out of the office too, so better late than never

No EXIF info, not sure how to do these to keep the info :shrug:

Wk 7 Root
by TP DK..., on Flickr

Thanks for looking in (y)

Cutting it a bit fine Dean ;)
Very creative take on the theme, works very well.
Not a lot more to add, its a very appealing photograph. Good work (y)

Oh very very clever, I like it a lot!

Very nicely done DK. I think that's the best root I've seen. Very original.

ahh clever! Nice twist to this theme :)
Thanks Dade :)

Oh yes, that's really clever, I like it a lot:clap::clap:

I particularly like the first O. Just wondering if it would suit a white border to match the white between the shots:thinking:
Thanks Marsha :)

I totally agree.... but I am struggling to find the best way to add borders :thinking:

michael23 said:
Cracking take on the theme! Works very well.
Thanks Michael :)

Very nicely done DK. I think that's the best root I've seen. Very original.
Wow... Thanks Stephen, very nice of you to say :)

Very clever take for Root :)
Thanks Roly :)

Hi DK,

Loving your root shot, very clever interpretation of the theme. Works for me(y)

Carol

Industry – I like the star effects on the lights

Root – I like your use of the four images to spell the word.
Thanks Peter :)

Hi DK,

Loving your root shot, very clever interpretation of the theme. Works for me(y)

Carol
Many thanks too Carol :)

With great comments like this, maybe I should leave it to the last minute every week :D

A great idea DK good stuff.

what a great take on the theme and some great shots too well done
Thanks Phil and Chris (y)

Well now... I think I have commented on all root pics, time to un-subscribe and start re-subscribing to Handmade Threads :D

If I have missed anybody, feel free to tell me :)

Hi Dk,
how do you subscribe to threads? Sshh, don't tell anyone i don't know!lol

Carol

Carol once you're in a thread at the top, underneath the bit where it says page 7 of 7 (or more for very poplur people) there are three tabs 'thread tools, search this thread, rate this thread' Click on thread tools and it's on the bottom of the list. If you're on your iPhone when you click reply, there is an option to subscribe.

Hope that helps.

Back