weekly DK's 2012 '52' - UPDATED 28-12-12

I'm playing catch up this week due to not coming up with anything I was happy with for Shiny and won't post the one I have come up with last night 'til I've gone through everyone elses.

Shiny, I like the black and white one personally, definitely needed a bit more contrast so glad you edited the original version
Plenty of us playing catch up Donnie, good of you to pop in... I appreciate your opinion and am also glad I did the edit's :)

The first attempt at this was interesting and worth a go - not sure it said shiny though, the re-edit is better and I see the shiny elements ;)
Cheers dade :)

Me too :) I like this one alot DK.

Carol
Thanks Carol, really nice of you to say :)

Still working late... so just going to do some catching up !!!!

'Magical' - thats great would never of guessed the subject in a million years. I really like it. I thought initially they were biscuits lol - definitely magical (y)

hi DK

For some reason I sem to have overlooked your recent posts - no explanation because i have looked at them!

Money - Good idea, well carried out

Win - spot on theme with the cards leading to a winning hand. Very colourful, good composition and use of focus

Shiny - very creative idea and works really well - partic crop #2 which to my mind is the best in contrast. Great capture

Magical - excellent (y)take and on theme either if you know that is frogspawn, and then relates to the creation of life, or if you don't know, and then relates to some magical mysterious world. Must have been hard to get right. Like others, I had no idea that it was frogspawn. I thought at first thet you had set up bubbles with biscuits or cocoa beans:thinking:

Good work and well worth looking at.

Great shot and like others I didn't realise what it was. You did really well not getting in the reflections. I like the fact the reflections are different for every one.

some excellent pics in your 52 the frogspawn is really good never really had that close a look at frogspawn before.

Hi DK

Magical......great out of the box thinking & a cracking shot... :clap:

Money....love it...great focus , spot on with DOF....fab image mister :clap:

Win....like the idea & plenty to look at ...you sort of get drawn round the image.....maybe a touch darker/ grainier to add to the effect ? Great work though (y)

How cool is that?

There's nothing more magical than the beginnings of new life, especially when you're a kid and you watch a jar of this stuff grow and change!
Exactly... Thanks Marsha :)

'Magical' - thats great would never of guessed the subject in a million years. I really like it. I thought initially they were biscuits lol - definitely magical (y)
lmao... it does look a bit odd doesnt it !!!

Cheers Nick

Magical - super shot - really interesting, well captured , liking the symmetry - and really interesting take on the theme.
Thanks Mike :)

hi DK

For some reason I sem to have overlooked your recent posts - no explanation because i have looked at them!

Money - Good idea, well carried out

Win - spot on theme with the cards leading to a winning hand. Very colourful, good composition and use of focus

Shiny - very creative idea and works really well - partic crop #2 which to my mind is the best in contrast. Great capture

Magical - excellent (y)take and on theme either if you know that is frogspawn, and then relates to the creation of life, or if you don't know, and then relates to some magical mysterious world. Must have been hard to get right. Like others, I had no idea that it was frogspawn. I thought at first thet you had set up bubbles with biscuits or cocoa beans:thinking:

Good work and well worth looking at.
Bubbles and Biscuits... it does too :LOL:

It really is quite fascinating close up... will be trying again this weekend to see the latest developments

Thanks for the great comments Alan :)

Hi Dk, an excellent choice for magical, like the sun burst in there too.
Thanks Michael :)

I got some great starbursts when I closed it up fully, but the rest of the shot was not as clear

Great shot and like others I didn't realise what it was. You did really well not getting in the reflections. I like the fact the reflections are different for every one.
Thanks Peter... there were a few I saw my reflection yes :D

some excellent pics in your 52 the frogspawn is really good never really had that close a look at frogspawn before.
Me neither this close allen... was rather wobbly to photo too, like wibbly jelly

Hi DK

Magical......great out of the box thinking & a cracking shot... :clap:

Money....love it...great focus , spot on with DOF....fab image mister :clap:

Win....like the idea & plenty to look at ...you sort of get drawn round the image.....maybe a touch darker/ grainier to add to the effect ? Great work though (y)
Thanks Lynne... sure agree a bit of grain, and as others have said a tad of smoke too would have looked great

Cheers for the compliments :)

Stunning, love the detail and the take on the theme (y)
Thanks Alex :)

Thanks Everybody... sorry not been around in the evenings this week, going to try catch up a bit tonight myself (y)

Lastminute dot com again Dean :LOL:
Great image, bang on theme. I like the diaganols in the composition, all the parts come together well to tell the story. Good work (y)

What a waste of talc (it is talc isn't it?)!

Great shot, can't fault it. I'm a bit concerned that you know what it should look like, but great shot!

What a waste of talc (it is talc isn't it?)!

Ahhh well, it is infact, Pure... Uncut... Asda's very own 'Self Raising Flour' :D
Great shot, can't fault it. I'm a bit concerned that you know what it should look like, but great shot!
Ermmmm I watch lots of movies :geek:

Thanks Mark :)

Very good, but could you just do another with the full number of the Visa Card please? :D
No :LOL:

Cheers Robert :)

Thanks Gramps :)

Hi DK,

Magical, like your thinking on this one, like the way you've shot it...makes a very good abstract shot.

Vice, love the composition and lighting on this one too .....would really like to see how it looks in b&w.

Carol

Hi Dk..

great shot for Magical, no idea what it was at first look. great detail:)

Vice, super shot, bang on theme...can't imagine you get much of a hit from flour though;)

Hi DK,

Magical, like your thinking on this one, like the way you've shot it...makes a very good abstract shot.

Vice, love the composition and lighting on this one too .....would really like to see how it looks in b&w.

Carol
Hey Carol... Thanks for the nice comments..

Have tried a quick B&W... not too sure about it :thinking:

Trying a B&W version
by TP DK..., on Flickr

Hi Dk..

great shot for Magical, no idea what it was at first look. great detail:)

Vice, super shot, bang on theme...can't imagine you get much of a hit from flour though;)
Hey Neil :)

What can I say... it didn't have much of a bang to it :D

nice vice :naughty:
Hi Allen... I should be carefull really, before you know it i'll be trying Plain and Granary :bonk:

Back