weekly DK's 52 of 2016 - Week 52 'Celebrate" added and COMPLETED

Both are great shots of your mrs DK :)
I'm going to swim against the tide here, I prefer the one with the windmill, with the leading line from it to your better half.
Glad you did Tim - Thanks :)

Two super shots of the lovely Mrs DK :) ....
Thanks Susie :)
I think prefer the first one for the theme, it encompasses it all ....peace and quiet, lovely scenery, fresh air, good company ....what's not to be happy about.
Nicely put, and I sure do agree it was a lovely morning , thank you :)

Hi there, really like the second Happy photo, perfect and one you should both be pleased with.

So here we have - Wk 4 'HAPPY'

Wk 4 - Happy by TP DK, on Flickr

and the second shot...

Wk 4 - Happy 2 by TP DK, on Flickr

Hi Dean... long time no see :) (from me, that is)

Great light on these - the wonders of an overcast day! Lovely lighting and exposure on your second shot - I be she's happy with it because she (and you) should be! First one could go maybe half a stop lighter for me, but it's a nicely composed shot and the windmill adds good balance. Cropping a body is always a minefield but I think you've handled that well. However, I probably prefer the second for the overall look (including exposure) and combination of sharp capture, DOF and "portrait" qualities. Great job!

Think I prefer the first one. Smashing dof which creates a really dream-like feel to the bg and stops it being too distracting for my money!

I prefer the first shot too, and like the inclusion of windmill and camera - I think they help tell the whole story. It would be the sort of afternoon walk to make me happy too! As Andy and Chris said...definitely no make up required - what gorgeous eyes and a beautiful complexion!

Hi Dean... long time no see :) (from me, that is)
hey Paul :)

Great light on these - the wonders of an overcast day! Lovely lighting and exposure on your second shot - I be she's happy with it because she (and you) should be! First one could go maybe half a stop lighter for me, but it's a nicely composed shot and the windmill adds good balance. Cropping a body is always a minefield but I think you've handled that well. However, I probably prefer the second for the overall look (including exposure) and combination of sharp capture, DOF and "portrait" qualities. Great job!
Cool, thank you Paul, I really appreciate your comments/opinion :)

Think I prefer the first one. Smashing dof which creates a really dream-like feel to the bg and stops it being too distracting for my money!
Aweee thanks Elaine :)

I prefer the first shot too, and like the inclusion of windmill and camera - I think they help tell the whole story. It would be the sort of afternoon walk to make me happy too! As Andy and Chris said...definitely no make up required - what gorgeous eyes and a beautiful complexion!
Thank you Emma,I know I am a very lucky man... I'll pass the compliments on to Mrs DK too, thanks again (y)

Loving the thread Dean, I have to say captive is my favourite of the set, well composed and I light the mood that the lighting gives. As to Happy it's number 2 for me as I found the windmill a little bit of a distraction (y)

Loving the thread Dean, I have to say captive is my favourite of the set, well composed and I light the mood that the lighting gives. As to Happy it's number 2 for me as I found the windmill a little bit of a distraction (y)
Thanks Chris, I must say I did enjoy doing the Captive image, getting props together ads some nice interest for me too :)

Two cracking shots of Mrs DK Dean, (y) I do prefer the less cluttered second one though.

Captive - great idea, good use of black and white and like the vignetting. Nice shot.

Miniature - nice shot, feels very sharp but feels a little oversaturated to me?

Happy - Lovely candid shot, prefer the first one with the out of focus windmill.

The first happy one for me, don't know if it's my monitor but has a warmer colour to it which I prefer. Also, like that it tells more of a story. An afternoon out in the quite with someone you love, says happy well to me.

Two cracking shots of Mrs DK Dean, (y) I do prefer the less cluttered second one though.
Cheers Chris :)

Happy - 1 for me, really sharp and the background is really nice. Super shot :)
Thank you Sam :)

Captive - great idea, good use of black and white and like the vignetting. Nice shot.
Cheers Paul :)
Miniature - nice shot, feels very sharp but feels a little oversaturated to me?
Errrrrmmmmm :exit:

Happy - Lovely candid shot, prefer the first one with the out of focus windmill.
Thanks again Paul :)

I think opinions are split on this one, which is good :)

The first happy one for me, don't know if it's my monitor but has a warmer colour to it which I prefer. Also, like that it tells more of a story. An afternoon out in the quite with someone you love, says happy well to me.
Thanks Steve :)

Not sure, is it because of the background colours, as more in focus in the first one ??

couple of lovely portraits sharp against the BG ... I like the way you've give the camera plenty of room in #1

Great 'happy' shots - I think I like the first one best with the windmill in the background but both lovely portraits of Mrs. DK

couple of lovely portraits sharp against the BG ... I like the way you've give the camera plenty of room in #1
Thank you David :)

Great 'happy' shots - I think I like the first one best with the windmill in the background but both lovely portraits of Mrs. DK
Thank you Liz , I like the windmill shot too :)

And onto this weeks theme... My planned weekend was to do loads of odds and ends on Saturday and photography stuff on Sunday, but on my way home yesterday I passed a spot that I wanted to use as a back-up image, looooong story short, today it hasn't stopped raining today so going with my back-up...

The image, as a couple of others I have seen already today, an abandoned church, my plan once I found the position I liked was due to the strong winds was to get cloud movement, clouds were few and far between so this is the best of the bunch.

I'm relatively happy with it, but to get the the cloud movement I wanted I used a 0.9nd along with my new toy a little stopper, and the grad filer did not cover the window which is a bit too blown for my liking, but hey, can't have it all :)

Wk 5 - Abandoned by TP DK, on Flickr

Hi Dean,

Well spotted for your Metal shot. The colours work well together.
Great vignetting for Captive. Really adds to the feel of the shot :clap:
Lovely miniature shot. Sharp & nicely composed. Looks a tad too saturated on my monitor though.
Happy No 2 for me. Nice portrait (y)
Really liking Abandoned. FG interest and the cloud movement. Pity about the high wind moving the leaves but then, you wouldn't have got the motion in the clouds. As you say, you can't have it all :)

I like the window, its a bit like a portal hole in a film. Its nice to see a colour abandoned wreck rather than the safe B W photos, most opted for,Blue skies to boot, good work as ever

Hi Dean

Have to agree with others....Captive is a cracking shot.

Miniature....wow, well spotted. The size of the little toadstool next to the grass is perfect for the theme.

Happy. Lovely, and may I say it was lovely to meet Mrs DK at the Nutter's meet :)

Abandoned. There's a similar ruined church not too far from me, but the pants weather / skies put me off going out and about too far :LOL:

Nicely done on abandoned, I think you are being a bit hard on yourself with the light in the window which I think lifts the photo nicely and well done with clouds.

And you have the cheek to say I missed focus! :eek: :D :p

Nice sky shame about the lower half. Perhaps a composite would have worked better?

Super shot DK ..I really like it a lot ...and so nice to see one in colour, it's a shame about that blown bit through that window. I did have a little go at cloning in a bit of that watery blue sky into it and it does just take the glare off, but that's just me messing ....not saying it needs improving :) it's still a smasher.

Hi DK, nice composition maybe take down the exposure a little make it a bit more moody as Susie said nice to see one in colour

Hi Dean,

Well spotted for your Metal shot. The colours work well together.
Thanks Lee :)
Great vignetting for Captive. Really adds to the feel of the shot :clap:
Cool - Thanks :)
Lovely miniature shot. Sharp & nicely composed. Looks a tad too saturated on my monitor though.
Fair comment :)
Happy No 2 for me. Nice portrait (y)
Thanks again Lee :)
Really liking Abandoned. FG interest and the cloud movement. Pity about the high wind moving the leaves but then, you wouldn't have got the motion in the clouds. As you say, you can't have it all :)
Exactly... cheers :)

I like the window, its a bit like a portal hole in a film. Its nice to see a colour abandoned wreck rather than the safe B W photos, most opted for,Blue skies to boot, good work as ever
Oooo Yes a Ghostly Portal - like that, thank you Carl (y)

I like the low POV here Dean - the clouds give a good sense of movement so it looks like the whole lot could come crashing down!
It sure was howling a strong wind, some moments I thought I heard the walls creaking :wideyed:

Really like that picture, great shot :)
Thanks Sam :)

Hi Dean

Have to agree with others....Captive is a cracking shot.
Thanks Ruth :)

Miniature....wow, well spotted. The size of the little toadstool next to the grass is perfect for the theme.
Ooo a toadstool - Thanks and an extra thanks (y) :)

Happy. Lovely, and may I say it was lovely to meet Mrs DK at the Nutter's meet :)
Thank you Ruth, it was nice to see you again too, although we didn't get much time to chat :)

Abandoned. There's a similar ruined church not too far from me, but the pants weather / skies put me off going out and about too far :LOL:
Ha Haaaa that's how we were on Sunday, such a contrast from the Saturday, that was a great day weatherwise near us :(

Thanks for the catch up :)

Nicely done on abandoned, I think you are being a bit hard on yourself with the light in the window which I think lifts the photo nicely and well done with clouds.
Ahhh cool - Thanks Chris (y)

Nicely worked sky there (y)
Thanks Andy, that was the main focus of my shots, although they were not playing game :D

Pity about the foliage.....which does, however, add to the sense of abandonment.

Cheers.
Exactly mate, I did a crop without so much of it in, and for me it didn't quite work as well for me :)

And you have the cheek to say I missed focus! :eek: :D :p
:whistle:

Nice sky shame about the lower half. Perhaps a composite would have worked better?
Thanks Brian :) ... although I do not like cheese much nowadays :)

Abandoned - Love this I like the bright light coming through the window opening very well seen DK
Thank you Mark :)

Hi DK, nice composition maybe take down the exposure a little make it a bit more moody as Susie said nice to see one in colour
Hmmmm good point Allan :)

I did do quite a bit of shadow lifting, to lessen the contrast to the adjacent walls to the bright window - maybe I should have left it a bit darker :thinking:

Nice find on "Abandoned" Dean, lovely colours too (y)

Back