weekly DK's 52 of 2016 - Week 52 'Celebrate" added and COMPLETED

Nice set Dean, I'm with you on the NHS one, nice and bright and to the point (y)
Cheers Chris, less is more and all that :)

Great work on your ambulance shot. I headed to the hospital first on my trip out for 'topical' but couldn't think where to begin. Choosing this small detail works so well - nicely framed & good dof to place the emphasis on NHS. (y)
Thank you Emma :)

Did you get any in the end ??

I tried a couple of NHS signs too, but they were too bland :)

Nice take on all....certainly on theme:)
Thank you Walter :)

Great set for topical. Image number one is very eye catching and always in the news one way or another. As others have said before me. A great vibrant image

First one for me, love the bright colours and as you said, when are the NHS not in the news!
Thank you Sam :)

Great set for topical. Image number one is very eye catching and always in the news one way or another. As others have said before me. A great vibrant image
And thank you too Mandy :)

Topical - a good set, but I like the bright colours and the simplicity of the first image. Works for the theme for me as they are always in the news one way or another.
Cheers Mandy :)

Well... the first image sure seems to be getting all the votes, glad I chose the same myself for a change :)

Excellent set for the theme Dean.
My favourite has to be the NHS shot though. Simple and to the point.

The first one for topical is my favourite. That's a very shiny ambulance! Nice contrasting colours great DoF.
I also like the composition of the second one, I don't think there's too much clutter in the image. But I think having a greater DoF or setting the focus on the dude in the foreground would work better.

Hi Dean, Out of your three images I like number three the best, its a sorry image from every town or city in the UK, we all fell for the supermarkets all under one roof idea, now look at the state of the streets. Maybe a B&W conversion would bring out the emptiness more.

Excellent set for the theme Dean.
My favourite has to be the NHS shot though. Simple and to the point.
Thank you Ruth :)

The first one for topical is my favourite. That's a very shiny ambulance! Nice contrasting colours great DoF.
Thank you Bernd :)
I also like the composition of the second one, I don't think there's too much clutter in the image. But I think having a greater DoF or setting the focus on the dude in the foreground would work better.
Thank you again Bernd :)

Wish I had tried that at the time, as I had not even thought of that, I deliberately went shallow :)

Hi Dean, Out of your three images I like number three the best, its a sorry image from every town or city in the UK, we all fell for the supermarkets all under one roof idea, now look at the state of the streets. Maybe a B&W conversion would bring out the emptiness more.
Cheers Lee :)

Hmmmmmmmm B&W good thinking, that would help the run-down look :thinking:

And here is mine...

Taken at TP 52 class of 2015 end of year meet, held last week in the Lake District, this was the second meet in the lakes I have been to, and had such a great time with wonderful company as always, I would highly recommend joining in in 2016 end of year meet :)

Taken at Derwent Water, I have loads of images of the Jetty, so this time I wanted to capture another angle...

One of a quite a few landscape pics taken during the meet, I'm still generally very new to landscapes, only taking them when on meets due to the time involved, with this in mind I am very happy with the images I have, and welcome to any critique as usual.... Thanks

Wk 9 - The Living World by TP DK, on Flickr

That is stunning scenery Dean. Love the mirrored reflection of the sky - the rocks in the fg look almost as if they are floating mid-air .. quite surreal. Beautiful.

That is stunning scenery Dean. Love the mirrored reflection of the sky - the rocks in the fg look almost as if they are floating mid-air .. quite surreal. Beautiful.
Thanks Carl... I sure loved the whole place... we didn't have the best of weather, but this day sure had some nice light and good skies :)

Great reflections there DK. 2.5s exposure to get the mirror finish on the lake, some really strong blues and plenty of clarity throughout the image.
What's not to like?
:clap:
Cheers Tim :cool:

I must admit the water did come out as smooth as I had hoped, for me the shot was about the huge expanse of water and sky :)

3 very topical images - the ambulance takes it for me a you say a big splash of colour!

and a stunning living world image to follow up with :clap:

As others have said, very good living world photo, great reflections and nicely composed with the hills dropping down to the lake at the end.

Sorry, just catching up mate !

Camo - Simple, bright colourful, well executed and fun - great !

Dangerous - Danger #2 for me - the composition with the sign, breaking waves, contrast with the calm blue sky - yes :)

Topical - nice mix and im sure at least one or two are close to most people's hearts - #1 for me as the colours are great and it is one which effects (or will effect) probably everyone - nice interpretation

Living world - Bravo - wonderful scenery and excellently executed - my thing from every perspective - love it :D

Stunning scenery Dean very nicely captured too (y)

As an aside, I did scroll it up to letter box style, and lost most of the clouds, so the water line was just about on a 1/4.
That made an interesting image too IMO.

Topical - good selection of photos for the theme. The bright and bold colours in the first one are great but for the theme I like the second one, like the use of the shallow DOF to focus on the prices but still give context and a story to the shot.

Living World - lovely shot, the reflection is beautiful and gives the impression of a huge sky. Only slight critique would be that some of the clouds seem a tad over exposed (might be my screen), especially in the middle of the sky which draws my eye away from the reflection, still a great shot though.

3 very topical images - the ambulance takes it for me a you say a big splash of colour!

and a stunning living world image to follow up with :clap:
Thank you Ruth :)

As others have said, very good living world photo, great reflections and nicely composed with the hills dropping down to the lake at the end.
Thank you too Chris :)

Sorry, just catching up mate !
No worries Jon :)

Camo - Simple, bright colourful, well executed and fun - great !

Dangerous - Danger #2 for me - the composition with the sign, breaking waves, contrast with the calm blue sky - yes :)
Annnnnd thank you again :)

Topical - nice mix and im sure at least one or two are close to most people's hearts - #1 for me as the colours are great and it is one which effects (or will effect) probably everyone - nice interpretation
Good point (y)

Living world - Bravo - wonderful scenery and excellently executed - my thing from every perspective - love it :D
Wow - Thanks Jon :cool:

Stunning scenery Dean very nicely captured too (y)
Cheers Chris :)

As an aside, I did scroll it up to letter box style, and lost most of the clouds, so the water line was just about on a 1/4.
That made an interesting image too IMO.
OOo see what you mean mate :)

Topical - good selection of photos for the theme. The bright and bold colours in the first one are great but for the theme I like the second one, like the use of the shallow DOF to focus on the prices but still give context and a story to the shot.
Thanks Steve :)

Living World - lovely shot, the reflection is beautiful and gives the impression of a huge sky. Only slight critique would be that some of the clouds seem a tad over exposed (might be my screen), especially in the middle of the sky which draws my eye away from the reflection, still a great shot though.
Thanks again Steve :)

To be honest I am not certain, they are certainly not blown as I check all in LR, but my screen is un-calibrated so could easily be a bit too bright :)

Wow that's a super shot DK .... how lucky we are to live in such a beautiful country ...I love the reflection and the POV....a real smasher :clap:
Very true Susie, Very True... if only the weather was like that all the time, but there again I guess we would have no lakes if it was always dry :)

Really like that Dean in fact I love it would quite happily have that on my wall and I completely agree with Susie we live in a beautiful country sometimes its easy to forget that.

awesome DK :clap:

I've never attempted anything like this, just had a look at your EXIF ...
smallest aperture, widest angle, smoothest ISO, @2.5 secs
Thanks, I'll give it a go. :)

Last edited:
Hang on a minute. I wondered why you sneaked off down the bank while I was busy spinning around and around on the jetty!

Nice one mate. [emoji122]

Really like that Dean in fact I love it would quite happily have that on my wall and I completely agree with Susie we live in a beautiful country sometimes its easy to forget that.
Cool... Thanks Mark :cool:

This one may in-fact be the shot I print off on A3 first on my printer :)

awesome DK :clap:
Thanks David, thanks a lot :blush:

I've never attempted anything like this, just had a look at your EXIF ...
smallest aperture, widest angle, smoothest ISO, @2.5 secs
Thanks, I'll give it a go. :)
Go for it mate, it's soooo relaxing, taking your time, picking the spot and sometimes getting results :)

Beautiful - wonderful reflection and colours:clap:
Thank You Liz :)

Hang on a minute. I wondered why you sneaked off down the bank while I was busy spinning around and around on the jetty!
Haaa Haaa yes I did while you did your spinny vid :D

Nice one mate. [emoji122]
Cheers Brian :)

Rubbish.

I'd not have bothered ;)

Nice one, Dean. Pity the sky changed the day after.

Hopefully it'll be better in 15 days :p

Cheers.
You Bugger :bat:

Oooo but I do have my Norfolk Broads Photography Workshop day this weekend (3rd time lucky with the weather) :banana:

Hi DK, great landscape and such perfect glassy water capturing that lovely sky, nothing to add but :clap:

Topical - A good collection of on-theme photos. :) I like the falling fuel prices one the most, as you’ve captured the bloke putting petrol in his car while looking at the prices (or so it could seem like).

Living World - Gorgeous photo! :) Love the colours and the sharp reflections. I like that there are clouds in the lake! :D

The Living World....Well, that's a bit of a stunner Dean.
The foreground rocks break the 50/50 frame really nicely.
It's a belter.

Topical - I like the 1st one best simple and vibrant.
Living World - Great Landscape I love the reflection on the clam water

Last edited:
That is a cracking shot, really well done! love the reflections :)
Thanks Sam :)

Hi DK, great landscape and such perfect glassy water capturing that lovely sky, nothing to add but :clap:
Cool - Thanks Allan :)

Topical - A good collection of on-theme photos. :) I like the falling fuel prices one the most, as you’ve captured the bloke putting petrol in his car while looking at the prices (or so it could seem like).
Thank You Sheylara :)

Living World - Gorgeous photo! :) Love the colours and the sharp reflections. I like that there are clouds in the lake! :D
Ha Haaaaa yeah the sky fell in :LOL:

The Living World....Well, that's a bit of a stunner Dean.
The foreground rocks break the 50/50 frame really nicely.
It's a belter.
Cool - Thank You Ruth :cool:

Topical - I like the 1st one best simple and vibrant.
Living World - Great Landscape I love the reflection on the clam water
Thank you Minx :)

And onto this week... My Photography workshop was rained off again so had a lazy day catching up on bits and bobs...

This week's theme, well not the most exciting of images from me, Macro, Daylight and Crop was my chosen route, I must say as usual with macro I didn't get the DoF as deep as I hoped with the poor light I had, but got the colour and the general spikiness I wanted...so here it is :)

Wk 10 - Spiky

Wk 10 - Spiky by TP DK, on Flickr

Back