weekly dmb's 52 for 2018 (Wk 30 - Cook) and over and out.

Hi David,
Guard - Is there perhaps a better angle / composition there? It looks to have been a struggle to control the highlights and shadows with both the bright sky and the shade from the tree. As Mandy says, the sky/helmet are conflicting, and also his torso is a bit too far in shadow.
Great subject though :)
Thick - I quite like the bounce of the flash off of the spoon and the tight crop works for me.
Great detail in the soup (y)

Hi David,
Guard - Is there perhaps a better angle / composition there? It looks to have been a struggle to control the highlights and shadows with both the bright sky and the shade from the tree. As Mandy says, the sky/helmet are conflicting, and also his torso is a bit too far in shadow.
Great subject though :)
Thick - I quite like the bounce of the flash off of the spoon and the tight crop works for me.
Great detail in the soup (y)

See a previous reply to a comment about Guard - might be better in summer and late afternoon - this time of year it only gets reasonable light for a few hours in the morning and to avoid ugly backgrounds there are limited views, it is certainly worth a re-shoot some time and with a DSLR rather than my pocket Powershot.

TFTC (Thanks For The Comment)

See a previous reply to a comment about Guard - might be better in summer and late afternoon - this time of year it only gets reasonable light for a few hours in the morning and to avoid ugly backgrounds there are limited views, it is certainly worth a re-shoot some time and with a DSLR rather than my pocket Powershot.

TFTC (Thanks For The Comment)
I did read the latter comment afterwards, and can see you made the best of it. I try to not read comments before making mine (well, 50% of the time anyway) so that I'm making my own mind up, not being guided by others. That said, I obviously did read Mandy's. :coat:

guarded - great idea and right on theme, but as you've been shooting against the sun the contrast might have done with a little boost...
thick - Well that looks thick and tasty! I might have chosen a wider crop, but I think it works as it is too

Age - very well thought out and processed
Guard - good Pov and spot on for the theme
Thick - looks tasty just what you want in this weather I like the tight crop

Since you beat me by just a few minutes I give you credit for the idea but in my defence I have hot cross BUNS and yours are tea cakes and a 'A Tea Cake Dance' doesn't fit the thread title. Ha, got you. (Thinks, 'damn, I was just too slow' :()

Exactly what I said to the missus that I should have done, just after posting my entry.

Well done for the 'outside the box' entry

Grrrrrrr, I was also thinking of A BUN DANCE, maybe a different take on yours and Martins photos. I know I don't want to do "abundance of snow" while we have a lot here now, there is nothing to make a good picture with it and I don't like cold feet.

That was my first thought for ABunDance too. I have to agree with Martin, those aren't buns ;)
Anyway, fair play not posting snow :)
Unless you are from Scotland a tea cake is defined as a sweet bun. In Scotland they have a delicious confection of mallow on a biscuit and all covered in chocolate.

Seems a lot of us had similar ideas on the bun front, photographically its a bit busy for me.

I like that David love the texture of the BG and the fact that it make the pint look like it has more bubbles in it

Pint of heavy is a good choice for the theme and quick off the mark with wet, that's that idea off the list, good tonal range and nice water drops.

As Mark said the bg through the beer is very effective, good choice.

Great beading (as my other half would say) on that wet car. Give sharp bubbles and I like the shades of red too

:D

David, interesting image for wet, I'm trying to guess what sort of red car that is. The lip in the photo is similar to my red car but it is not the same profile. To get beads like that you must look after it. I hope to shoehorn my p&j in sometime.

Pete

Very nice wet image. Like the colour and all the different sized droplets

David, interesting image for wet, I'm trying to guess what sort of red car that is. The lip in the photo is similar to my red car but it is not the same profile. To get beads like that you must look after it. I hope to shoehorn my p&j in sometime.

Pete

Good job I grabbed that when I did - this is today's view

IMG_0003s.jpg

Not a fancy car at all - basic Honda Jazz - I have only washed and waxed it once, but it is only 2 weeks old ;)

Good job I grabbed that when I did - this is today's view

Not a fancy car at all - basic Honda Jazz - I have only washed and waxed it once, but it is only 2 weeks old ;)

Nowt wrong with Honda Jazz, I now think I see where that photo is.

My daily is a Citreon C1, which is a great little car to drive, has plenty of room inside. However my p&J is even smaller, no room inside and puts a grin on my face when I drive it. A whole load of Fun. :)

Nice droplets for the theme, I like the angle in the panle and the random placement of drops.

A Bun Dance - Groan, but a fun shot
Heavy - I like the effect of the background through the drink it looks very bubbly
Wet - I like the droplets great idea for the theme

I too like those beer 'bubbles" (y)

Water on a clean car, a red car too. :clap:

I love the water drops on the red car (y)

Back