Weekly dmb's 52 for 2018 (Wk 30 - Cook) and over and out.

sirch

Official Forum Numpty 2015
Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Match is well seen and made me smile, good angle to get the lamps with the genies behind

Edit My Images
Yes
Beautiful - lovely blossoms good Dof
Low - yep that is low, great find for the theme, Interesting image I like the way you have framed the front of the boat in the corner.
Match - Fun take on the theme the idea that the blokes are the Genies made me smile.

Last edited:
Name
Bernd
Edit My Images
Yes
I don't know where you would use these lamps, but great photo with the genies to match. Great PoV too!

OP
OP
dmb
Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
... tells a story. Hmmm ... lamps are they!
Yes, at the local flea market. About 18" high by 12" square. Had oil burners inside. Presume you took off lids when lit. The 'Mirash' would have been an Indian restaurant, but not that local.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dmb
Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
David

Bueatiful, Nice bunch of blossom, nicely isolated from the background by DOF. Nice blue in the background against the green of the leaves.

Low, seems cropped a bit too tight in the bottom right area. Fits the theme well and I like the duck not getting his feet wet. Hightlight from the sun reflecting off the water could have been tamed a bit with a polarising filter..

Match, not sure what is matching, the old boys in the background or the lateen at front, bike add clutter to the photo.

Music, Well that is different, I had to search google and found the answer.:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Pete

Name
Bernd
Edit My Images
Yes
Haha, good one! Nice photo and right on the shoehorn theme :)

OP
OP
dmb
Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Week 21 - Hard

hard_stones

by David M Bloor, on Flickr

and I did fall hard for her 37 years ago. First date to proposal 4 days !!!

Last edited:
Name
Ross
Edit My Images
Yes
Musical - Nice shot, with good textures in the picture, but man i hate beans. :puke:

Hard - I like this. Nice colours in the stones and nice dof. My eyes are however struggling to find the focus. My guess is it is on the stones, but due to the stones being what they are it is difficult to see where the sharp focus is. Just my opinion. It is a well composed shot, with highlights and shadows all kept under control.

sirch

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Musical :D, good idea for the theme and nicely captured.

Hard, nothing harder than diamond, another good take on the theme, I like the highlight on the back of the ring.

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
David

Nice take on the theme, good colours reflecting in the diamonds, but the focus appears just behind them. Well done 37 years ago.

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Hard - Double Diamond - works wonders! :)

OP
OP
dmb
Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Week 22 - Creatures

Tiny_Creatures

A midge larva and at least 2 rotifers eating their way through a dead midge.

Vickers M15 Microscope - 10X Vickers objective and eyepiece - Camera (Canon Powershot S100) field of view about 1mm.

You can have a video too ....
View: https://youtu.be/lryTh8vvN5s

Last edited:

sirch

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Oooo, creepy but very well captured and bang on for the theme

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Urgh!

:runaway::jawdrop::eek::clap:

Name
Bernd
Edit My Images
Yes
hard - right on theme!
creatures - creepy, well captured and right on theme!

OP
OP
dmb
Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Week 23 - Synthetic

Hauled out the other microscope for this one.

Recrystallised Ascorbic Acid - Synthetic Vitamin C

Zeiss x10 objective, x5 Projection eyepiece onto Canon 450D body.

Colours are result of having crossed polarising filters above and below sample and a 1/4 wavelength plate above to depolarise and tint the light that had been rotated by the crystals.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dmb
Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Thought you`d get your shot in quickly. Not for me though David as none of it is in focus.
Colourful shot though.
Actually the crystals ARE in focus, however the colours are produced by recombination of refracted light in the top polarizer which is not in the same focal plane, hence the colours always blur.

sirch

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
It's a good abstract for me, I though it was fabric when I first saw it, really interesting photo and top marks for technical prowess!

Name
Ross
Edit My Images
Yes
Creature - Wow, that's a super cool technical shot. Thanks for the explanation otherwise I would not have a clue what I was looking at.

Synthetic - I must say it's another good shot but not really for me. It's technically a great shot, I'm just struggling to find any sort of focal point. My eyes seem just to dart over without really settling on anything. But it is a cool picture.

Ross

Name
Mandy
Edit My Images
Yes
Music/Musical - sadly this image isn't working for me.
Hard - wow first date to proposal in 4 days thats pretty quick, cant get much harder than a nice Diamond stone. A good idea for the theme however i find the highlight on the back of the ring a distraction, I do like the composition of the image I wounder if focus on the stones could be improved upon.
Creatures - excellent take on the theme and impressive detail.
Synthetic - a very clever take on the theme like the abstract look of it.

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
David

Creatures, not an Image that does it for me, but I understand how much equipment and technique used to create it

Synthectic, as above for me again.

Pete

OP
OP
dmb
Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes