weekly DM'S TP52 2019 WEEK 12,13,14,15 and 16 Added!

Great set of images Mark!
The bright reflections from the tail lights on the wet road really work very nicely, and are well exposed....especially for SOOC.
Your posted image is excellent, and I'm curious about that 'Mini' logo shining on the road....is that a feature of the car?
It's pretty cool, and your image shows it nicely.(y)

Thanks Gareth yes the MINI logo come out from under the mirror it's a standard feature on all the latest MINIS

Wet 2 for me Mark, I like the intensity of the tail light reflection on the wet road, considering these were on your phone I think you have done well.
Object, I do like the 1st one with the lorry being the main vehicle in view, I might consider a tighter crop.

Thanks Micheal

I like the first one because the mini logo on the floor jumps out at you and catches your attention, but I like the red reflections on the wet floor in the second one as well.

Thanks Carl I really wanted to capture the logo as it's a bit different (unless you look at another MINI:)

Great set of images for Wet. the light reflections work really well and that Mini logo light is just super cool :cool:

Cheers Lee

Nice set. The second for me with so much red in the shot to show up the wet road.

Thanks Bob appreciate it.

Hi Mark, good to see you back into the 52's and well done with your catch up.
I like the red reflections for wet and theyre SOOC so you've ticked that box off too.

Thank you Susie it's good to be back! (did I really just say that!:runaway:

Well I'm now on to Week 10 and free well you would think a free choice would be nice and easy wouldn't you.....

Well it's been a bit chaos here mainly because just over a week ago I decided to look at adopting a cat (would really of liked a dog but as we work all day and go on hilly with our friends and their cats that probably wouldn't be a good idea!) Anyway less than a week later we ended up going and seeing cat who we feel in love with so everyone meet Honey.... I also got to use my new to me lens 24-70 2.8 Tamron G2

WEEK 10 FREE 2 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 10 FREE 1 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

This one was taken with my phone.

WEEK 10 FREE 4 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 10 FREE 3 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

Kitty No3 does it for me :)

Any of the cat pics work for me,
lovely looking cat, hope your soft furnishing survive.

Black and White Kitten had it until I saw the one with the more inquisitive look in image 3. Nice

I like the first two, possibly leaning towards the colour version, it has some really nice colours and the eyes are terrific!
However, as with the others, when I scrolled down and saw the cheeky pose of #3....well I'm sold, it's a belter!
Great back lighting and really nicely composed.
#4 is also a super image, I love the colours and the details are great, very nice.
Excellent work Mark!(y)

Very pretty cat. Love the different shades of brown in her. Nice first shots of your new member of the family

Kitty No3 does it for me :)

Thanks Dave :)
Any of the cat pics work for me,
lovely looking cat, hope your soft furnishing survive.

Thanks Allan so far so good with the soft furnishings :)
Loving the Honey images, a lovely cat and can`t pick a favourite as all are great.

Thanks Dave

Black and White Kitten had it until I saw the one with the more inquisitive look in image 3. Nice

Thanks Chenti she certainly wants to know whats going on all the time.
I like the first two, possibly leaning towards the colour version, it has some really nice colours and the eyes are terrific!
However, as with the others, when I scrolled down and saw the cheeky pose of #3....well I'm sold, it's a belter!
Great back lighting and really nicely composed.
#4 is also a super image, I love the colours and the details are great, very nice.
Excellent work Mark!(y)

Thanks Gareth No 3 was littrally a grab shot so I'm really pleased with it.

I also prefer number three, because of the curious look on the cat's face. I love the colours in the fourth image too.

Cheers Carl

Very pretty cat. Love the different shades of brown in her. Nice first shots of your new member of the family

Thanks Ian She's already established herself as the boss!
Love the cat photos Mark. I am also pulled in by No. 3. Super image (y)

Thanks Lee

Mark, the cat on the staircase is just fab. Nice,

Thanks Chris she likes sticking her head between the spindles to see what's going on!

Have to agree with everyone else. The cat on the stairs is a cracker, and there's a Mini in there, too!

Thanks Bob and the Mini was a bonus!

And now for my Week 11 and Entrance.

So over the weekend I was in Cardiff to watch Wales v Ireland in the 6 Nations (In case you didn't know Wales won the Grand Slam :banana::banana::banana:) so I my first thought was a photo of the entrance to the stadium which I got but when viewing them on the computer I wasn't overly happy so luckily I had over images I could shoehorn in for the theme

So I give you The Regimental Band & Corps of Drums of The Royal Welsh and Choir (who's name I have forgotten!) making their Entrance into the Principality Stadium.

WEEK 11 ENTRANCE 1 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 11 ENTRANCE 10 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 11 ENTRANCE 9 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 11 ENTRANCE 5 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 11 ENTRANCE 7 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

Fab :) No2 does it for me :)

Great set of images Mark!(y)
I'm with Dave....the second image is my pick....love the line of dignitaries on the diagonal...great framing and super sharp detail!
Your posted image is a cracker too however, not much to choose between them if I'm honest....and why wouldn't I be?!:giggle:
I like the shots outside the stadium too, a tad busy, but not much you could have done about that!
Great work Mark!:clap:

Both work for me. I like the 2nd best too. Bet you had a great day out there

Great set for the theme. Hard to pick the best, so I won't (Well, maybe number 5 in which the photographer was NOT taking a photo of the entrance!!)
All spot on!

Just catching up here: The kitten on the stairs is a grrat shot, really like that. A nice set for Entrance to,

Hi Mark,

Free - I'm going to plump for the phone shot. The WA distortion to the head and the way she's looking at you. Fun :)
Entrance - So many options. I'll go with the second shot, where the band and the other marchers are fully on the pitch. Can't say why though exactly.

Big comment catch up for me.
New - I like your use of DoF, and the colours are great. I like the 2nd catkins picture bes
Clean - That fits the theme well. Good idea to get someone to do the work because you need it for a photo I wonder if it would work on my kids... probably not.
Open - I know that feeling. but it does fit the theme and is well composed.
Distant - I like the curves and way the railings lead you in to the picture and to the people in the distance.
Cold - I thought for a minute there were ice cubes in the kettle but then I realised it was boiling. Fits the theme well.
Waiting - I like this and it looks good in B/W. The tracks lead you nicely to the people waiting.
Rough - Both are right on theme and lovely images.
Wet - The road certainly looks wet. The mini logo certainly catches the eye.
Free - I like 3rd cat picture best like the second it has lovely warm tones but there is more character.
Entrance - I like the second and last images the most, looks like you had a god day.

Well I'm back life has got a little chaos recently with work and holidays!

But I'm back and trying to catch up.

Fab :) No2 does it for me :)

Thanks Dave (y)

Great set of images Mark!(y)
I'm with Dave....the second image is my pick....love the line of dignitaries on the diagonal...great framing and super sharp detail!
Your posted image is a cracker too however, not much to choose between them if I'm honest....and why wouldn't I be?!:giggle:
I like the shots outside the stadium too, a tad busy, but not much you could have done about that!
Great work Mark!:clap:

Thanks Gareth I was really pleased with the results for the images I got in the stadium especially as I only had my compact with me.

nice selection of images for the theme, good story telling.

Thank you

nice pics and a good entrance.
is that a Goat been led on ? why lol

Thanks Peter yes it's a Goat on a lead it's the regiments mascot, last time we went to a match we saw the goat in the city center after the match with a couple of the soldiers I think I have a couple of photos somewhere.

Both work for me. I like the 2nd best too. Bet you had a great day out there

Cheers Ian It was an amazing day I love the fact that there's a rivalry but its all very friendly.

Great set for the theme. Hard to pick the best, so I won't (Well, maybe number 5 in which the photographer was NOT taking a photo of the entrance!!)
All spot on!

Thanks Bob I hadn't noticed the photographer!

Just catching up here: The kitten on the stairs is a grrat shot, really like that. A nice set for Entrance to,

Thank You Jim

Entrance
I think you picked the right photo. I like the sense of scale.

Cheer Dominic (y)

I like number two as there's more to see on the pitch. Sounds like you enjoyed the game :D

Thank you Carl, It was a brilliant game so glad we managed to get tickets.

Hi Mark,

Free - I'm going to plump for the phone shot. The WA distortion to the head and the way she's looking at you. Fun :)
Entrance - So many options. I'll go with the second shot, where the band and the other marchers are fully on the pitch. Can't say why though exactly.

Thank you Tim :)

Big comment catch up for me.
New - I like your use of DoF, and the colours are great. I like the 2nd catkins picture bes
Clean - That fits the theme well. Good idea to get someone to do the work because you need it for a photo I wonder if it would work on my kids... probably not.
Open - I know that feeling. but it does fit the theme and is well composed.
Distant - I like the curves and way the railings lead you in to the picture and to the people in the distance.
Cold - I thought for a minute there were ice cubes in the kettle but then I realised it was boiling. Fits the theme well.
Waiting - I like this and it looks good in B/W. The tracks lead you nicely to the people waiting.
Rough - Both are right on theme and lovely images.
Wet - The road certainly looks wet. The mini logo certainly catches the eye.
Free - I like 3rd cat picture best like the second it has lovely warm tones but there is more character.
Entrance - I like the second and last images the most, looks like you had a god day.

Wow thank you Minx for taking time to comment on all of those I really appreciate it

Right so time for a catch up.....

Whilst I was away in Weymouth I had a try at a bit of 'street' photography I was shooting from the hip so got some 'interesting' (read rubbish) results this one I saw these 2 on their scooters and thought how it fitted the theme

WEEK 12 YOUNG 1 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

But then I thought I'm not really sure I should use this so when I got home I decided to take a shoehorn of a shot so everyone meet Ted (original I know:D) who I was given to me by my Nan and Granddad when I was born so very YOUNG this year I'm 40 so Ted isn't so young anymore!

WEEK 12 YOUNG 2 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 12 YOUNG 3 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

And now Week 15 Above

While we were away we paid a visit to Tyneham Village somewhere we wanted to visit last time but couldn't as it was closed to the public ( I actually got a few images that would work for Light but I don't want to use them unless I have to as they would technically be archive images:dummy:) anyway while walking through the woodland I spotted a number of trees that still had the blossom on them and managed to find one that worked for me.

WEEK 15 ABOVE (1 of 3) by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

I also got a couple of shots stood on top of the hill by Portland Quarry looking at Portland from ABOVE.....

WEEK 15 ABOVE (3 of 3) by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 15 ABOVE (2 of 3) by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

Hot
It certainly looks hot and judging by the amount of people on the beach, it was a nice day.

Wow! Three terrific images Mark!:clap:
I love all three, I don't think I could pick a favourite, though I think your posted image probably edges it.
I do love the shape you created with the framing in the second image, and the way you use the beach in the third image to lead the eye to the cliffs is excellent!
Great work Mark!

I've been to Durdle Door loads of times, but usually at sunset or sunrise in the winter, so there are only two or three people there. Never seen it packed like that! :O First image is my pick, but all three are great.

Hi Mark,
Catch up time for me!
Young - I like your first image. It tells a story of the young and old - both on scooters but of different types.
Food - Good idea. I like the first one with the bit of broken off muffin really sharp and detailed.
Smooth - I guess highlights are always going to be an issue with polished things like that. Good creative take for the theme.
Above - The third shot of Portland and Chesil beach disappearing off into the distance with a bit of foreground gives more of a sense of 'above' for me. Nice.
Hot - Durdle Door is a fantastic place but I have to agree with Carl - I've never seen it as busy as that! I prefer your second image. I like the composition and the load of people on the ridge.

Back