Dog Appreciation Thread, post your fave dog shots here...

An old picture

Not my dog but but Paddy (RIP) of Bribiba Irish Wolfhounds near to me. Fran has given me her permission in the past to post her pics so thought I'd share.

An old picture

Not my dog but but Paddy (RIP) of Bribiba Irish Wolfhounds near to me. Fran has given me her permission in the past to post her pics so thought I'd share.

I'm presuming for a pooh bag she used a spade and a bin liner?

By the power of Grayskull that's a big dog :eek::cool:

This one is Darcie, a friend's gentle black lab :) Another rescue and a real pudding, a stereotypical dog in every sense he's hard not to love :LOL:

It's the same friend that had Max a couple of pages back but unfortunately Max didn't work out :( He became increasingly aggressive and uncontrollable and was too much for my friend (a 72 year old cancer survivor who also suffered a couple of heart attacks last year) with 2 small children visiting him often he regrettably had to go back. My friend was devastated as he had always taken rescue dogs, some with some serious behavioural issues and brought them round to be well rounded dogs but time and health problems have taken their toll :(

Darcie by andyroberts1868, on Flickr

A quick grab shot of one of my newest additions, he doesn't stay still for long ... a 3 month old Retriever X Lurcher.

16225811533_0c3dfbfe72_b.jpg

An old picture

Holy mother of... That is some dog! I've never seen an Irish Wolf Hound in person.

An old picture

Is that for real or has it been photoshopped? I've never seen a dog that big before.

Is that for real or has it been photoshopped? I've never seen a dog that big before.

It's not been shopped.

It's an old print but the angle does make him look even bigger. From memory Paddy was 42" at the shoulder which is at the upper end of the standard. Paddy held a height record at some point but I can't recall what. Floyd (who I think is his son from memory) was a similar size........

floyd.jpg

She's updated her site but I'll see if I can find a link to some other images.

They still has a lot of Wolfhounds and (although the current pack are smaller) featured on Ch5 program World's biggest pets.

For anybody interested their bit starts at 40:10

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fybjetSCYsA

Last edited:
What a amazing photo, have tried many times to get this type pic and failed miserably .Well done

Thank you, it's one of my favourites but I think it was as much luck as judgement! :) Bright day, fast shutter speed, and just managed to catch her at the right moment.

Back