F & C Week long trip to Cornwall!

Which week (sat to sat) in May would you prefer?

• 6th - 13th

• 13th - 20th

• 20th - 27th

Results are only viewable after voting.
How many films is just enough for a week in Cornwall?

(BTW Mrs R this morning said "You're not going to take ALL this photography stuff are you?"... I said nothing! :D )

How many films is just enough for a week in Cornwall?

(BTW Mrs R this morning said "You're not going to take ALL this photography stuff are you?"... I said nothing! :D )

Ive just thrown all my film in the coolbox, i just could not decide what to bring. :rolleyes:

Mmm, lovely big second breakfast at Gloucester services. And the sky is brightening, a little bit of blue over Gloucestershire.:D

Wow, that's an early start!! I've still got another three hours of work yet, and then I have to pack :LOL:

We're just outside Taunton mate, want a hand with the packing. :D

Packing... now there's a plan! Bit of a panic just now as the large suitcase wouldn't open, zip stuck. OK for now, thankfully. Still planning to get away at 10... um, 10-ish, um, maybe half eleven...

And Wadebridge for a spot of luncheon. Come on you lot, the party's already started.

Currently imbibing a refreshing flagon of San Miguel in the Merrymoor Inn in Mawgan Porth. Rain lashing against the windows and a raging sea crashing into the coast, very Poldarkian.:D

Currently imbibing a refreshing flagon of San Miguel in the Merrymoor Inn in Mawgan Porth. Rain lashing against the windows and a raging sea crashing into the coast, very Poldarkian.:D
It's brightened up and the sun is out up here now in Cheshire Andy, I can't quite see what the sea is doing though! :D

Something has just occured to me... (Actually, Mrs Nod reminded me of it!)

The Devon County Show is on at the end of next week so traffic around the motorway junctions near Exeter WILL be bad, as will the A30 interchanges. This will probably be on the Saturday evening and Sunday so be prepared for a wait if you're heading home at that time.

oIMG_0733.JPG

OMG!! yesterday rain all day, this Morning clear Blue Sky (West Cornwall) .

How many of you got up for that Early Morning Moon Set??

Taken at about 6.15am from my backdoor, on my Phone, had no shoes on, Dogs (and Wife) wanting there Breakfast so just a quick shot.

oView attachment 101914

OMG!! yesterday rain all day, this Morning clear Blue Sky (West Cornwall) .

How many of you got up for that Early Morning Moon Set??

Taken at about 6.15am from my backdoor, on my Phone, had no shoes on, Dogs (and Wife) wanting there Breakfast so just a quick shot.

Answer: no one! Although @Woodsy and @nikki_s were down the beach soon after 7, I think... and Jonathan exposed a frame!!!

So, this evening there was a plan to go out for sunset, but it was pouring with rain so we didn't. Then, it cleared a bit, but obviously wasn't going to be anything other than just a bright patch in the sky... except a clear strip appeared below the clods, then wedges of sun slowly dropped out of the cloud towards the horizon, passing through another narrow band of cloud, lighting up the underside of the main clouds before slowly disappearing, lingering before the final sliver vanished...:):(:D

It was a very nice sunset indeed. For me the light on the fairly impressive waves made it even nicer. Shame we had to run out so quickly and I didnt have time to set up my large format gear but the Voigtlander should produce some nice shots, hopefully. :)

So, this evening there was a plan to go out for sunset, but it was pouring with rain so we didn't. Then, it cleared a bit, but obviously wasn't going to be anything other than just a bright patch in the sky... except a clear strip appeared below the clods, then wedges of sun slowly dropped out of the cloud towards the horizon, passing through another narrow band of cloud, lighting up the underside of the main clouds before slowly disappearing, lingering before the final sliver vanished...:):(:D

Looks like the first paragraph of a Novel, can`t wait for the next installment.

But seriously, Clear Blue sky again this Morning, hope it stays fine for you all..

Excellent day yesterday, mooched around St Ives during the day and the weather was very nice. The highlight was the 4 pronged gull attack on Mrs Snaps blackcurrent and vanilla flavoured ice cream. Sneaky b*ggers swept in from out of the sun and knocked it from her hand.
We went to Godrevy for a sunset but it petered out before becoming anything special. Still a wonderful spot though and with some big waves crashing in worthy of a shot or two, definitely going to go back.
Off to the Eden project today.

Excellent day yesterday, mooched around St Ives during the day and the weather was very nice. The highlight was the 4 pronged gull attack on Mrs Snaps blackcurrent and vanilla flavoured ice cream. Sneaky b*ggers swept in from out of the sun and knocked it from her hand.
We went to Godrevy for a sunset but it petered out before becoming anything special. Still a wonderful spot though and with some big waves crashing in worthy of a shot or two, definitely going to go back.

Typical! You only mentioned my calamity and not the others.....:mad:

Nick dropping a loaded dark slide into the sea!

Carl slipping on the platform and nearly landing on the train tracks!

Woodsy's bag being hit by a wave!

;)

Typical! You only mentioned my calamity and not the others.....:mad:

Nick dropping a loaded dark slide into the sea!

Carl slipping on the platform and nearly landing on the train tracks!

Woodsy's bag being hit by a wave!

;)

:eek: The law has been disobeyed and ignored...*If it can happen, it will happen" o_O

Not to mention the 4 of us (me, @nikki_s , @Carl Hall and @RaglanSurf ) that had the stones to head out for a sunrise... which was awesome.

Don't ever become a journalist!

Blimey, are you lot safe to be out on your own? It's only Monday and already it's reading something akin to a story-board from a Laurel and Hardy film! ;) Just try to survive the week so we can enjoy the photographs when you get back! :D

Banter aside, I hope The Eden Project was good, it's on my list to visit if I ever get time to go down Cornwall way. (y)

Last edited:
Well it`s Tuesday Morning and it`s raining again in "Sunny" Cornwall.

And the weather forecast for the rest of the Week, Heavy Showers.

Sorry Lads and Lasses.

Back