F1 2017 season

Just when I start to like Vettel and their banter he goes and acts like a complete numpty. Amazing race, that podium would have never been dreamed of.

Love the fact he seemed oblivious to the second part of the incident when queried about it after the race :LOL:

Just when I start to like Vettel and their banter he goes and acts like a complete numpty. Amazing race, that podium would have never been dreamed of.

Love the fact he seemed oblivious to the second part of the incident when queried about it after the race :LOL:

By all accounts Hamilton did not "brake check" him, it was his own anticipatory arrogance based on Hamilton's previous post safety car start that got the better of him. As for his 'i did not tyre bump him deliberately', well that to a degree reminds me of the 'advantage ganed' by Schumacher's gamesmanship on more than one occasion :(

Vettel had a case of the red mist and was unwillingly to accept that.

Sure makes for good viewing
Vettal vs Hamilton now not friendly rivals
Perez vs Ocon now not nice team mates
Kimi vs Bottas the ice men battle
Max vs Red Bull severally annoyed

And Kevin did ok this weekend. I hope things are coming together for him after all the bad luck have been hunting him.

Perez and Ocon is a missed opportunity for podium finish and most importantly manufacturer points. That's a shame as their car is competitive in Baku race track.
Perez squeezed Ocon on the corner, leaving him to run the kerb, which jumped his car to the right, causing the initial collision, then they were in close proximity with wheels locked. Inevitable from that point.

However the team need to manage this. Perez isn't happy with the young upstart showing him up, didn't like it last race, took a swipe at him this race on the run towards that corner, they banged wheels. Realistically whats good for Vettel possibly should also be applied to Perez..

By all accounts Hamilton did not "brake check" him, it was his own anticipatory arrogance based on Hamilton's previous post safety car start that got the better of him. As for his 'i did not tyre bump him deliberately', well that to a degree reminds me of the 'advantage ganed' by Schumacher's gamesmanship on more than one occasion :(

Vettel had a case of the red mist and was unwillingly to accept that.
Vettel should have be black flagged for to deliberate side-on clash. Simple case of road rage, arrogance personified!

I think stripping race points and a ban wont happen - they want the competitive challenge for the championship. It is entertainment after all

Can see a slap on the wrist fine and a warning, would be surprised if they gave him anything more severe

I think stripping race points and a ban wont happen - they want the competitive challenge for the championship. It is entertainment after all
I'd be surprised if they (the FIA) do the right thing, i.e. award a retrospective black flag to Seb for Baku and ban him from the next race. That would level the point up and improve the competition for the year and send the right message to Vettel and the rest of the field. Deliberately driving into a fellow competitor is just not on.

Seb is now apparently saying it was an accidental clash of wheels, which suggests that he's not as good at controlling an F1 car as he should be. Another reason for him to sit one out. Accidental? My gluteus maximus!

Vettel currently on 153 points, Hamilton on 139. Remove Vettel's result from the race, he loses 12 points, Hamilton gains a place and two points and it makes them dead level on points - seems perfect from an entertainment point of view!

Vettel currently on 153 points, Hamilton on 139. Remove Vettel's result from the race, he loses 12 points, Hamilton gains a place and two points and it makes them dead level on points - seems perfect from an entertainment point of view!

That sounds the most profitable suitable outcome

I'd be surprised if they (the FIA) do the right thing, i.e. award a retrospective black flag to Seb for Baku and ban him from the next race. That would level the point up and improve the competition for the year and send the right message to Vettel and the rest of the field. Deliberately driving into a fellow competitor is just not on.

Seb is now apparently saying it was an accidental clash of wheels, which suggests that he's not as good at controlling an F1 car as he should be. Another reason for him to sit one out. Accidental? My gluteus maximus!

The thing is Seb has form for this

Also his homepage statement said:
First of all, I think that today the car was very good. The pace was strong in the race. I think you could see that we were losing a bit here and there, but overall it was a good race. It was a very busy start, and Vallteri was very aggressive. As for what happened at the restart from the safety car, I don’t know why I got the penalty and Lewis didn’t. It’s disappointing, because it could have been a better result. I don’t have a problem with Lewis but I just think that what he did on the track was not ok. By now the decision is done but, in an episode like this one, I still think that if you give out a penalty, then it should be to both drivers.

So he hasn't accepted he did anything wrong.

There's a lot more options, if they weigh in with breaching article 151c of the international sporting code by bringing the sport into disrepute there are 3 more severe penalties he could face

151c) Any fraudulent conduct or any act prejudicial to the interests of any competition or to the interests of motor sport generally.

153) Scale of penalties

Penalties may be inflicted as follows in order of increasing
severity :
− reprimand (blame);
− fines;
− time penalty;
− exclusion;
− suspension;
− disqualification.

Time penalty means a penalty expressed in minutes and/or seconds.

Any one of the above penalties can only be inflicted after an enquiry has been held and, in case of one of the last three, the concerned party must be summoned to give them the opportunity
of presenting their defence.

For the FIA Formula One World Championship and the FIA World Rally Championship, a penalty consisting of the withdrawal of points over the whole of the Championship may be imposed.

Vettel has the most points on his licence of all drivers

Silverstone 2016
Vettel was penalised after stewards ruled he had forced Williams' Felipe Massa off the track. Two penalty points added to his then-clean licence, Vettel was given a five-second time penalty and finished ninth.

Malaysia 2016
Colliding with Nico Rosberg at the first corner at Sepang. Two more points and a three-place grid penalty for Japan. Rosberg said "I got T-boned by a four-time world champion, out of control."

Mexico 2016
Having already blown his top in the car at what he deemed to be Max Verstappen's wayward driving, Vettel found himself on the receiving end of a time penalty for his defence of position against the other Red Bull of Daniel Ricciardo.
2 more points and demoted to sixth in the race. This was where he then swore at Charlie Whiting earning another reprimand, and a final warning about his behaviour.

Then his three points for the last race.

The FIA have to save face
They cant allow this type of behavior as it will be seen as acceptable but they need to keep the racing exciting after the ecclestone years
As said above removal of Baku points seems very appropriate That would be justifiable and increase the tension in the races Unless Seb throws the dummy out and sulks and with the Ferraris now not burning oil they could get a lot slower
But I will rely on the FIA to make the wrong decision as usual

Last edited:
Can see a slap on the wrist fine and a warning, would be surprised if they gave him anything more severe

:plus1: wholeheartedly agree with you. I can't see the FIA do anything else and if they do, then I will be very surprised. Roll on 3rd July!!!

Verstappen has got a $25,000 fine for not doing media duties after the race. He also wasn't in the team photo.

If you are going to make an arse of yourself you might as well do it right

Even Mad Max thinks Vettel deserves a damn good thrashing (and he knows just the wimmin to administer it... allegedly!)

Back