Feedback Mifsuds

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
I thought I'd share my experience on a recent transaction with Mifsuds.

I had Sony Alpha equipment to trade in moving up to Canon.

Having shopped around I found Mifsuds offered me the best price for my equipment and also a reasonable price on the kit I was buying a used canon 50d sigma glass and new 580ex11.

Once they had recieved my kit and checked it was all in order the deal was upheld and I paid the balance. The following day my new kit arrived well parcelled and all in top condition. Sadly there was a problem with the body. This was sent back to Mifsuds.

They confirmed reciept by phone the following morning, shortly after they called me to say there was a fault and a replacement would be sourced.
That afternoon I recieved another call from Mifsuds that a NEW 50d was being couriered to me.

The following morning my NEW body arrived.

I'm more than happy with Mifsuds and can highly reccomend them, particularly Matt and Mike.

Thanks guys!

Have recently purchased a lens off them via their website and the service was excellent next day it was with me so can't complain and will definitely be using them again.

Bought a F4 300mm plus 1.4 converter from them earlier this year. Nothing but praise for them:)

Mifsuds is a family run business. I have only dealt with them online once and the service was excellent. I have been into the shop on a number of occasions when in Brixham (wife's home town) and never cease to be impressed by the knowledge and customer care.

Old Mr Mifsud did my wedding pics in 1972. Not a "fly by night" business.

I would highly recommened them.

Ken

After the nightmare I went through with a brand new D700 which showed a fault within 3 weeks, I'll never deal with them again.

Basically, the D700 I bought from Mifuds (total spend with them in the one order was £3k+) showed a defect on the rear LCD monitor which only appeared after shooting for about 20 minutes.

I contacted Mifsuds and reported the issue within 3 weeks of purchase, provided evidence and also contacted Nikon Europe Support about the issue. Nikon confirmed it was the responsibility of the retailer to resolve this matter and that no intervention from Nikon was required as the images and video evidence I had showing the defect would be more than adequate to show there was actually a problem. I received an email response from Matt (from Mifsuds).

Initially, Matt asked me to send (at my cost) the camera back to them for investigation. I reminded him it was their responsibility under the SoGA to sort it out and they agreed to arrange a courier to collect. I asked about the possibility of a loan camera for the duration, but was turned down. Along with the camera, I provided a letter with clear instructions on how to reproduce the issue.

After a couple of days, I emailed Matt (because he ignored my requests for a phone discussion) to be told that they couldn't reproduce the defect "after extensive testing" and had sent the camera to Nikon. They hadn't heard back from Nikon and suggested I wait. I asked for a Nikon reference so that I could contact them and provide them with the same information about how to reproduce the defect. They didn't have any reference to give me. So, every few days I emailed Matt asking them to chase Nikon for some news. Each time, Matt came back with excuses.

So, I called around several Nikon departments trying to track down my camera, but had no luck. After a few more days had passed, my camera was in the repair centre and I was able to explain what the problem was and how to reproduce it. Within a couple of hours, the Nikon engineer confirmed they'd successfully reproduced the defect using my guidance. I was also told that there was no need for the camera to have been sent to them in the first place as the retailer should have resolved the matter.

With that, I emailed Matt (because he was still ignoring my requests for a phone discussion) and told him Nikon's findings. I asked him to confirm with Nikon directly. This he did and then agreed to issue my refund.

What really disappointed me was how Matt refused to discuss the matter over the telephone. I asked several times for him to call me because I could never reach him at the shop. Every time, he simply ignored my request as if I hadn't asked. Well, that and it took 2 months from my first reporting of the issue to Mifsuds until I eventually got my refund.

I decided I didn't want to go through all that again and popped down to Calumet for a replacement D700. They even said they'd offer me a loan camera should a similar thing ever happen with their camera.

Things may seem fine, but when things go wrong that's when true quality shines through or not in this case.

:thumbsdown:

I have only ever used them in person at the shop. Nothing but exceptional service. One of the guys who works behind the counter (his name escapes me) on a Sat is a pro-tog and certainly knows his Nikon kit.

What alwas hits me is how busy the shop is, for a small town with a shop in a side street I would imagine they have a footfall throughout the shop that certain high st multiples could only dream of!

Bought a Sigma 70-200 second hand off them and cannot fault service or goods.

Blimey Will, nightmare!
I'm just glad they handled my problem properly. I must admit I had to pay to return my camera, however they did refund me the postage ;)

I have bought from (D700 + lenses) and sold to them.
Service and comms with Matt has been excellent.

Used them a few times, but now find their 2nd hand and trade-in prices unrealistic.

I thought I'd share my experience on a recent transaction with Mifsuds.

I had Sony Alpha equipment to trade in moving up to Canon.

Having shopped around I found Mifsuds offered me the best price for my equipment and also a reasonable price on the kit I was buying a used canon 50d sigma glass and new 580ex11.

Once they had recieved my kit and checked it was all in order the deal was upheld and I paid the balance. The following day my new kit arrived well parcelled and all in top condition. Sadly there was a problem with the body. This was sent back to Mifsuds.

They confirmed reciept by phone the following morning, shortly after they called me to say there was a fault and a replacement would be sourced.
That afternoon I recieved another call from Mifsuds that a NEW 50d was being couriered to me.

The following morning my NEW body arrived.

I'm more than happy with Mifsuds and can highly reccomend them, particularly Matt and Mike.

Thanks guys!

I would say that is great after sales service however what was the fault ? Was it something that got damaged in transit or is it a fault that would have been detected had they serviced and tested the used body before shipping ?
"How we deal with issues keeps us in favour with customers but not having issues keeps us customers" (sadly thats one of my own :bonk:)

It was a fault with the flash circuit. Having seen the testing thhe camera was tested prior to being shipped, so I guess it's just a matter of bad timing

I purchased a Canon EF 500mm L1S USM Lens from Mifsuds on the 8th August 2017 from their site on eBay for £3399.00. As soon as I tried it I had a problem with the autofocus. I posted it back to Mifsuds for either a repair or refund. They kept it for two months and returned it to me saying there was no fault with it and it was out of their 3 months guarantee. On Mifsuds web page they recommend H.Leymann as an authorised Canon repairer. I paid £54.99 to Leymanns for a diagnostic report on the lens. They wrote back saying that "The focusing is intermittent and will not focus properly. We also found excessive battery drain which could be linked to the faulty focus unit or could be a faulty circuit board. Parts are no longer available for this model, therefore, we are returning it unrepaired". This information was passed on to Matt Mifsuds which was totally ignored. I then pursued the matter in the County Courts and issued a summons. They put in a defence claiming that there was no guarantee on goods sold on eBay. They actually changed their terms on their website while this case was going on. I had to pay £335.00 for a court hearing to be held in Salisbury. The court asked for evidence to be used in court to be exchanged to one another and also to the court by 24th October 2018. Mifsuds defaulted to send their evidence to me or the court and were given another date 15th November 2018. They also failed to adhere to the court's date so I obtained judgement by default. I received a cheque from them a few days later and a compliments slip with said "Glad this is all sorted, Kind wishes Matt." also enclosed a photography book. Maybe a bribe for me not to leave bad feedback. Mifsuds do not seem to understand that an item must be of serviceable quality irrespective what they put in their terms and conditions. This company has no idea on customer service and I would advise anyone contemplating purchasing from them. DONT!

Back