Film 52 Index - The runners and riders..

I have 5 cameras with me :p I've got 3 rolls finished so hopefully a shot a roll for each week :D

Can just imagine how you look with all five hung around your neck at the same time and the straps becoming tangled...... :puke:

:D :D :D

Can just imagine how you look with all five hung around your neck at the same time and the straps becoming tangled...... :puke:

:D :D :D

Haha i never take more than 3 out at once, one being digital and another being the RB67 :D

I have a dilema for week 14 shot:

I've got three images to choose from taken with the same camera and don't know which to post.

Given that the challenge is supposed to be 52 shots/52 weeks, does it mean I can only post one??

I know that I've posted two for one week before now but it was the same shot just different light!

Is it going to go seriously against the grain if I post all three??....I don't want to be upsetting anyone!

Maybe it would be best to put one up and post the others elsewhere for folk to view........but that still leaves me with the dilema of which one for my 52!!!.....eeny meeny miny mo......lol

Don't worry about it, I'm working on the basis that at the end of 52 weeks I will have used 52 cameras and hopefully there will be more than 1 shot per roll that's worth posting :D

So post all 3!

Don't worry about it, I'm working on the basis that at the end of 52 weeks I will have used 52 cameras and hopefully there will be more than 1 shot per roll that's worth posting :D

So post all 3!

LMAO.....I'm now wondering if any of these are worth bothering with....my excuse is they were taken with a 1960's chinese export.....Come to think of it, I seem to have accumulated quite a few of their offerings:thinking:

I'm 4 weeks behind atm, ive done up to week 10 and its now 14. I have 2 finished rolls of 120, 1 finished 35mm and a half finished roll of 120. I'm also going out tomorrow evening with another roll of 35mm so hopefully there will be enough to get me back up to speed :D

Week 14 is up ...In the end I decided just to post the one shot.

Week 15 posted...

You're making me feel bad now, got a mega darkroom session planned for next week so i should be catching up (y)

You're making me feel bad now, got a mega darkroom session planned for next week so i should be catching up (y)

ha ha just to make you feel worse .....I've already got a possibility drying atm for this week ( week 16)!!! :woot:

Quite like the content and composure of the shot but the end result overall hasn't come out as I hoped with parts of the shot looking like they are OOF / blurry:crying:.....in fact I've taken this same shot twice now with different cameras and ended up with a similar problem spoiling the image ...I was hoping that the problem was down to the cameras but I'm beginning to wonder if it's user error as I get this problem regular with medium format roll film :thinking:....If it is then i have no idea what I could be doing wrong as the film can only be loaded one way!:shrug:

I wouldn't worry about lagging a little behind ....some of the others have a lot to catch up.....I suspect they are going to suddenly post like a dozen images!!:D

I wouldn't worry about lagging a little behind ....some of the others have a lot to catch up.....I suspect they are going to suddenly post like a dozen images!!:D

:whistle:

Quite like the content and composure of the shot but the end result overall hasn't come out as I hoped with parts of the shot looking like they are OOF / blurry:crying:.....in fact I've taken this same shot twice now with different cameras and ended up with a similar problem spoiling the image ...I was hoping that the problem was down to the cameras but I'm beginning to wonder if it's user error as I get this problem regular with medium format roll film :thinking:....If it is then i have no idea what I could be doing wrong as the film can only be loaded one way!:shrug:

Could be that the film is not held flat in the camera? will mean its not in the same plane of focus, if not then it could be that the lenses are wonky?

Could be that the film is not held flat in the camera? will mean its not in the same plane of focus, if not then it could be that the lenses are wonky?

I hadn't though of the lenses been wonky ..I'll have to take a closer look.

I think perhaps it is the film not been held flat, something i considered with the ferrania camera I used several weeks back but all seems good with the pressure plates etc.

It's still real cool to get images at all out of some of the gear but a little frustrating when what could be a really decent shot is spoilt by an unknown cause.

....some of the others have a lot to catch up.....

Guilty your honour!

I have a quite a few negatives to scan, but I am a bit behind. On the other hand, I've been bracketting my shots with my old 4x5, so probably have more than 1 per week, just not enough to share!

3 more weeks up from me, and ive still got 5 rolls to develop :nuts:

I'm on fire this week, another roll developed and drying. 2 rolls of 35mm finished and ready to dev tomorrow :D

I'm on fire this week, another roll developed and drying. 2 rolls of 35mm finished and ready to dev tomorrow :D

Err you been mixing too much Rodinal in them beers me thinks :nuts: :D :D :D

2 more weeks added
only 2 behind now :D

all done up to week 17 now, only 2 rolls left to develop :)

Well done Rob....I'll take a look at them when I get a minute a bit later ....I'm lagging behind a week or two with having family here on holiday.....will soon get myself back on track though.

Haha i was wondering where the only person who views my 52 had gone :D

Week 17 is up!

Hope to post a few more weeks over the coming days as I've got three 127 films from three different cameras devd and ready for scanning (y)

I'm now back at home after exams, got 2 rolls to develop and may have a couple in there, going to try out a roll of black and white in my JOBO and see how it goes :)

Slowly getting myself back on track .....week 19 posted ...more to come soon!

I'm done up to week 20, off out tomorrow with some Sensia as my first ever roll of 35mm colour film :p

I'm done up to week 20, off out tomorrow with some Sensia as my first ever roll of 35mm colour film :p

Ha ha caught up with you ...just posted my week 20 too!

Look forward to seeing some colour shots from you Rob........I'll follow in John Majors tracks .....Grey and boring ( with b&w!) .....For those that remember "Spitting Image", you'll know what I'm on about with with Majors grey peas lol

I just got an email saying you had updated the thread, not had a look yet though. Seeing as it's peeing it down here, I'll have to put the roll of Sensia I was planning to shoot back in the freezer unless it brightens up in the next hour or so...

I just got an email saying you had updated the thread, not had a look yet though. Seeing as it's peeing it down here, I'll have to put the roll of Sensia I was planning to shoot back in the freezer unless it brightens up in the next hour or so...

I thought you northerners were hard ( they were when I lived in white rose country!)....get out there lad...a bit of rain hurt no one!!!! lmao

I thought you northerners were hard ( they were when I lived in white rose country!)....get out there lad...a bit of rain hurt no one!!!! lmao

It wont hurt me, but it will trash the electrics in my Canon A-1 :shake:

Sell it!.............get a box brownie, wrap it up in a clear plastic bag just with a little hole for the lens to pear through and off you go ...no electrics, no problem! :D :D

Ok so I'm lucky in more ways than one...i have lots of dry weather and if it is raining, i can often get the mrs to hold a brolly over me so can continue to shoot....see there's your answer you need a photgraphers assistant/ partner/ slave!!! :D :D :D

Weeks 21 and 22 are up for viewing!

Last edited:
Will hopefully get a few weeks done when I'm at the film meet on Saturday (y)

Will hopefully get a few weeks done when I'm at the film meet on Saturday (y)

I'd join you all but it would be one hell of an expensive day out for me! :D

Try not to take too many 52 challenge shots Rob...I have all on keeping up with you!!:D :D

Have fun(y)

Week 23 is posted for your pleasure! lol

I've got a few weeks worth shot and developed, going to scan them in when ive got my negative cleaner as they are a tad grimey

I'm in up to week 25 now :)

Week 24 just posted ;.....hope to catch up with a couple more later today if I get a chance.....

Back