Film 52 Index - The runners and riders..

Edit My Images
No
Entries into the Film 52 Challenge are:

The main 52 challenge themes are being posted here for anyone playing along to these rules.

The Guardian 52 project can be found here.

The list is based on who has said there are in or might be in on the other thread. I'll edit in links to challenge threads/sets/etc as people give notice of where they are.

Last edited:
Stickie?

edit - 52 week thread started and link put in my sig :)

GO GO GO!!

Last edited:
Anyone else whilst I'm here? (y)

I'm in, I'm going to try and incorporate it into my 52 film cameras in 52 weeks challenge.

Good luck to the lot of you...I'll be watching with interest - there's no way I could manage 52 shots, one a week, with someone else picking the topics - it's taken me all my time this last year to get 12 entries in for the 2011 POTY competition - it often took me over a month to source the props I wanted, never mind actually making time to shoot anything...

Mark.. there's no need to follow the topics, I will only turn to the "official" topic list when otherwise lacking inspiration!

that's my problem Alastair... I haven't got a single drop of inspiration - I haven't had any since the middle of last year tbh - it's only being one of the green machine on here, that's stopped me from putting the camera kit in a box, and stuffing it in the loft for a couple of years, until I decide I want to try and do something again...

Anyway - it's allready the second week of the year by my calendar, so I've already failed to get a shot for week 1...

I'm in, thread started and first image posted.
here

Mart

I'm going to jump in a bit late on this one, im going to start in february as i have exams at uni for the next couple of weeks and don't see myself being in a fit mental state to be operating a camera :p

For a bit of fun, it's all going to be on pushed film and devved in Rodinal, so be prepared for grain :D

Last edited:
Erm this should be for the under 52 years of age competition, as I take a lot of shots riding my push bike (exercise as well)...too cold and miserable in winter :)

Erm this should be for the under 52 years of age competition, as I take a lot of shots riding my push bike (exercise as well)...too cold and miserable in winter :)

really - can't say i've noticed and bad weather this year "Oop North"...

a quick look on my bike log says Oct 332miles/Nov 341 miles/Dec 404 miles and Jan 186 so far. That's just the outside miles of course, i've done a fair bit on the indoor trainer, but that's not quite as photogenic. Of course, I'm only a stripling of 48 and they make 'em hard where I come from (that's why I had to move out for a while) :LOL:

Thanks for sorting the Index Alastair...something i couldn't have done as wouldn't know where to start!
Makes it easier to follow everyones challenge.
Best of luck everyone.....

Hopefully I should have some shots to start mine this week, I was a bit lax in sending the rolls off for development :nono:

I'm trying something new for me with these (no pretty landscapes in sight at all) so it'll be interesting to see how they go down

really - can't say i've noticed and bad weather this year "Oop North"...

a quick look on my bike log says Oct 332miles/Nov 341 miles/Dec 404 miles and Jan 186 so far. That's just the outside miles of course, i've done a fair bit on the indoor trainer, but that's not quite as photogenic. Of course, I'm only a stripling of 48 and they make 'em hard where I come from (that's why I had to move out for a while) :LOL:

Well it was more of a point on how you lose enthusiasm when you get old ;) sorta been there done it attitude even to the point of sometimes taking two cameras out and not finding anything worthwhile to shoot :shake:

Oh - I get the "shot everything in a 1 hour radius from home" bit, Most definitely - did a 365 back in 2009, and since then my enthusiasm for shooting anything local has gone down the pan. Problem is, I don't get to travel any further afield, so I'm feeling more and more like just giving up tbh :(

Oh - I get the "shot everything in a 1 hour radius from home" bit, Most definitely - did a 365 back in 2009, and since then my enthusiasm for shooting anything local has gone down the pan. Problem is, I don't get to travel any further afield, so I'm feeling more and more like just giving up tbh :(

Don't give up....I think I can relate a little bit to struggling with enthusiasm as I find myself walking the same areas and when i see a potential shot, I've either already done it before or I find a load of obstacles/reasons as to why not to take it...wrong light, too much clutter, too many people etc etc
Why not dig out your 365 from 2009 and see about re shooting some of them from diferent angles even obscure ones like from ground level, night instead of day or different season.
Same place I know but the end result will be completely different...not least of all as some scenes may have changed quite dramatically.
We can't have you giving up ...blimey we rely on the mods for inspiration ( and jaffa cakes of course!!! lol) ....Oh dear did someone mention Jaffas!!!!! lol

It's never as bad when all the family have come for Christmas dinner and you have loaded up the T90 and X-700 with the best flashguns...and forget to use them :wacky: :bang: :help:

I'm hoping to have a different experience to your 365 TBY. For my 52 I'm restricting myself to a 10mile radius from my house to stop myself just cheating and going off to the peaks each week. I'm hoping it'll force me to look more critically at everything

I've got a google maps with about 200 things on it so far I want to shoot, hopefully 52 of them will end up reasonably good

Thanks for sorting the Index Alastair...something i couldn't have done as wouldn't know where to start!
Makes it easier to follow everyones challenge.
Best of luck everyone.....

Nae bother Asha..
.. time for me to start thinking about week 3..

I've had 2 attempts at week 3 in the last two days already....failed miserably yesterday after miscalculating exposure and blowing the shot to bits by 2 full stops!.....Returned again today to find workmen had dug a great hole where I wanted to be...how inconsiderate of em! lol
Got a shot but had to move closer in so not the composition I really wanted.
Neg drying at the moment....looks promising ...still possibly a smidgen light though....fingers crossed it will do for this weeks effort.

And to think I can get frustrated waiting 2 minutes for FP-100C to develop!

At least i dont have the frustration of the uk weather though.....

I've got the frustration of uni exams and no computer getting in the way of my 52, going to have to start it in february when ive got a free minute to myself :/

Im all stuck up now so its all good :)

Somebody got to it before me (Mark?) using some super-secret stealth Mod mod to edit the post without leaving a trace.. :cautious:

But I tidied up the formating :LOL:

Anymore to add? we have some slow starters but this was always anticipated for the roll film users. If there's anyone shooting half-frame we might not see anything until week 72.. ..

Somebody got to it before me (Mark?) using some super-secret stealth Mod mod to edit the post without leaving a trace.. :cautious:

But I tidied up the formating :LOL:

Anymore to add? we have some slow starters but this was always anticipated for the roll film users. If there's anyone shooting half-frame we might not see anything until week 72.. ..

Mmm those mods do tend to creep in from the undergrowth don't they:cautious:......
Typical that you had to tidy up the formating....Seems you can'tget decent staff anywhere nowadays lol :shrug: ( unless of course Mark is suffering low :jaffa: levels in his bloodstream :D )

not just mobile mods - mobile NINJA mods ;)

(Ah.. I remember a time in here, where people used to say "if only we had a Mod in here that 'got' film..." I remember even then thinking "be careful what you wish for... it sometimes comes true" :LOL:)

not just mobile mods - mobile NINJA mods ;)

(Ah.. I remember a time in here, where people used to say "if only we had a Mod in here that 'got' film..." I remember even then thinking "be careful what you wish for... it sometimes comes true" :LOL:)

Well most of the other sub-fora have their own mod, so it's only right that the funny smelling film gremlins get one too :D

to be honest, F&C almost completely self-polices - if the rest of the forum was as well behaved, I could just concentrate on my :jaffa:'s

I got a couple of shot's left on my 1st film (36), so might be a few days or so yet (y)

finally got weeks 2 and 3 up. really need to get some kit so I can develop 4x5 at home!

I have week 2 in my camera at the moment, hope to get week 3 and maybe 4 to catch up tomorrow

Oh my what a week in every way .... I attempted to get this weeks shot done yesterday believing it was week 4 when in actual fact it will be week 5 ....no big deal except for the fact i should have heeded that error as an indication as to how events would go...:(
After developing a sheet yesterday evening I was rewarded with a wonderful result of totally clear film with no signs of any exposure :crying:
Subject and camera etc still set up, i retook the shot ensuring that I had loaded the film correctly, believing that I had put the holder in the wrong way and developed immediatley in same chems as first ......exactly the same result :crying:
Not a happy chappy, I called it a day and racked my brains wondering what i had done wrong.
So this evening I had another go taking 2 more shots with different settings ( believing perhaps that I had seriously misscalculated exposure yesterday.:thinking:)
Re used the same chems as yesterday except the developer of which i made a new solution.
I instantly knew when I emptied the dev that i would probably end up again with no result today as the dev solution was a completely different colour to yesterday....I checked my chem bottles and realised yesterdays mistake....I had made a DEV solution using STOP concentrate!!:bang::bang::bang:
Wonderful i thought, I probably exposed correctly yesterday and would have had a perfect result had I dev properly....Instead todays effort is gunna be screwed too.:crying:
As it is the negs look overexposed but having now attempted this shot 4 times, I'm afraid it will have to do...regardless of how it comes up when scanned tomorrow!:eek:
Without doubt I am not the first to cock up like this.....sorry for the rant but I needed to get it off my chest! lol:D
Watch out for my week 5 tomorrow!(y)

Back