weekly firewireguy 52 / 2024 Week 16 - Empty

Week 10 - Textured Vivid

Youngest's colourful coat
4524b2143faca6d1000ca7ce35fb.jpg

Both boxes well ticked :)

That certainly ticks the boxes. Must be one fabulous coat!

Fab stuff :)

Week 13 - Unkempt.
Having to get a shot in early this week as I'm away next week. So probably not my best shot, but it's what I found yesterday. I don't even know what it is, but it could maybe do with a lick of paint. Playing around with the LUT's in Photolab on this one too.

c2de7ce23068501228860f64f495.jpg

I like the silhouette shot, tried something similar with my daughter on a bike but it came out blurry.

Unkempt ticks the box, well found.

Yes pretty sure that fits unkempt but needs more than a lick of paint :)

I like the silhouette shot, tried something similar with my daughter on a bike but it came out blurry.

Unkempt ticks the box, well found.
Thanks. I've realized recently just how high I need the shutter speed to get a crisp image of moving subjects. I've spent years basically treating them as static with a tiny bit higher than 1/fl shutter speeds. Now I'm really upping that speed and letting the ISO do its thing. Plus I've been really impressed with the OG 70-200G lens with my Z6 for nailing the focus.

It does look like it's meant to be a bug hotel - I'm sure they don't mind the paint but it definitely fits for this week

Week 14 - Gob Shot.

Tried to get a photo of the cat yawning to no success. Probably done most of the days snoozing by now.
So instead, behold!

56deea6df0df9eda22a11a7f5af7.jpg

Yep that works.

I think I'd lose that blue-ended stick thing and maybe the guitar head sticking out of the top of yours :)

Yep that works.

I think I'd lose that blue-ended stick thing and maybe the guitar head sticking out of the top of yours :)

I did shoot this in a bit of a rush. I may try and do it again and polish it some more :)

Unkempt... wierd thing. Could be a bug hotel with slates?
Gob shot. Made me smile and ticks the box!

Week 15 - Snappers Choice (Vibrant)

I have 2 bright guitars and 2 less so bright. These are the bright ones, a Bonnie Pink PRS SE Custom 24 and a 1997 Epiphone Les Paul Gold Top.
ed6208c0414290fc0cb3bbb9f3e0.jpg

699cfb29f8f0e58a02744fbac7d8.jpg

Yep - pinktastic. PRS are excellent guitars.

Fab shots and spot on for your chosen image. Nice crop too.

Yep - pinktastic. PRS are excellent guitars.
Yes I have been so impressed with it. I haven't played any guitars that are more expensive, but I can't imagine they can be that much better really.
Fab shots and spot on for your chosen image. Nice crop too.
Thanks. The crop was more mandated based on using my 50mm and not having room enough to back up further, but I liked how it came out too.

So there I was emptying the washing machine and wondering what shot to take for the Empty theme...

No step-siblings were harmed in the making of this photo.

9954eea4e795f8ded1c4e0bc7e05.jpg

Back