weekly Flyphots 52 for 2021: Week 52 'Showcase'

A nice capture... the exposure shouts low winter sun at me - its that time of year.
Thanks Helen, it was certainly low winter sun, and bitterly cold (and bloody windy!) :)

Week 47 - Culture(?)

Old culture?
No an iPad or kindle in sight.
Nicely thought out Jim.

Old culture?
No an iPad or kindle in sight.
Nicely thought out Jim.

Thanks Chris, yep that was my thought process.

Yep nicely done. Suits the processing :)

Very cool interpretation nd processing of the theme.
There's some bangers there! :LOL:

Week 48 - Living (on the edge)

I'm a bit pushed for time this week but I took advantage of the time I had whilst my car was being MOTd (it failed! back next week to sort the problem and re-test) to have a wander around with my camera. Here is my interpretation 'living on the edge of the land/water'

I liked this for a number of reasons. The main one being that it was very much (in my addled brain) an "ideal for living" which was a fab LP title. I think the composition really works for this image giving the building a real sense of place. Great stuff.

I liked this for a number of reasons. The main one being that it was very much (in my addled brain) an "ideal for living" which was a fab LP title. I think the composition really works for this image giving the building a real sense of place. Great stuff.

Thanks Ian, I decided i'd bang the 35mm lens on and work with that alone on this particular walk about. I'm glad I did because I think i'd have probably gone wider with this image with my 16-55, which would have made it a weaker image I think.

Nice composition,and great clarity and light on the shot given the overhead conditions. I like it (y)

Nice composition,and great clarity and light on the shot given the overhead conditions. I like it (y)

Thanks Simon, much appreciated

Nice one Jim :)

Lovely composition and colours and fits the bill. There's so much to like about this picture with the yellow building perfectly placed.

Lovely composition and colours and fits the bill. There's so much to like about this picture with the yellow building perfectly placed.

Thank you, really appreciate the kind comments.

Week 49 - Still Life

I had an idea to use a candle to light a still life, of random things (plus I used an LED light from above left). So here it is, any CC most welcome but i'm fairly happy with it :)

nice glow to the candle you have handled the exposure really well with enough light to show the other objects

nice glow to the candle you have handled the exposure really well with enough light to show the other objects
Thanks Allan, much appreciated.

Some lovely low light shots in this week's round. This is another one. Warm and well captured.

Lovely shot Jim.

The colours of the buildings in the living image really work well with the light conditions - very striking.
Still life looks great to me - but then lighting is something I know diddly squat about I'm afraid.

The colours of the buildings in the living image really work well with the light conditions - very striking.
Still life looks great to me - but then lighting is something I know diddly squat about I'm afraid.

That is a cracking image Jim love it, the nice warm glow just makes the shot really stand out.

Thanks both, lovely comments, much appreciated :) .

lovely warm light, and a decent compostion - its just left me wondering what the third object is - the flat iron and small vase I get, but the other item looks just too damned interesting to be buried behind the candle...

lovely warm light, and a decent compostion - its just left me wondering what the third object is - the flat iron and small vase I get, but the other item looks just too damned interesting to be buried behind the candle...

Haha, thanks Mark. The last item is a soapstone ball that has about 4 or 5 other carved balls inside it, I got it from Hong Kong about 25 years ago and it's very cleverly done - each ball is carved from inside the other, there are no joints in it at all, it's all one piece.

Week 50 - Miniscule

Whilst out walking the dog earlier I happened to notice that the moon is full and there are no clouds in the sky. It got me thinking, that whilst the moon is fairly small compared to our own planet, actually I am miniscule when compared to the moon.

Really enjoying some of the takes on this theme. Great idea and a really detailed photo.

Back