weekly Flyphots 52 for 2022: - Week 52 'Showcase'

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
Here's my third 52 week challenge, I hope you enjoy the images.

Techniques:
Shadow(s)

Multiple Exposure
Panorama
Panning
Leading Lines
Dappled Light
Monochrome

Motion blur
Mirrored
Wide Angle
Movement
Macro / close up
Reflection(s)
ICM -
Jan/Feb

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

1 - New
2 - Old
3 - Receptacle
4 - Bottle
5 - SNAPPERS CHOICE
6 - Alleyways
7 - Heavy
8 - Light
9 - Damp
10 - Through a Window
11 - Technology
12 - Discarded
13 - Flora
14 - Unusual
15 - SNAPPERS CHOICE
16 - Trees
17 - Hole
18 - Sunrise/set
19 - Sport
20 - Parallel
21 - Metal
22 - Treasure
23 - Solid
24 - Beginning with the letter P
25 - SNAPPERS CHOICE
26 - One Half
27 - Post
28 - Water
29 - Handles
30 - Dusty
31 - Food
32 - Internals
33 - Square
34 - Small
35 - SNAPPERS CHOICE
36 - Scape
37 - Looking Up
38 - Electric
39 - (Depict) A Song
40 - Looking Down
41 - Rustic
42 - Precision
43 - Vehicle
44 - Autumnal
45 - SNAPPERS CHOICE
46 - Destruction
47 - Ornamental
48 - Curves
49 - Tools
50 - Construction
51 - Christmassy
52 - Showcase

Last edited:
Week 1 - New

We've just had new patio doors fitted, so here are the keys to them, plus the tech of ICM (which I actually don't like/get, but it's out of the way now at least)

Well done for getting the tech out of the way, and thanks for the explanation of what we are looking at - 'cos I wouldn't have guessed!

Well done for getting the tech out of the way, and thanks for the explanation of what we are looking at - 'cos I wouldn't have guessed!

Cheers :D (y)

I would have had no idea what it was had you not said. It's interesting as an abstract image though, zoomed in on Flickr the detail created by the movement is nice.

Glad you said what it is Jim as I thought it might be two fingers, it is one very cool and well taken image that goes great in mono.

I would have had no idea what it was had you not said. It's interesting as an abstract image though, zoomed in on Flickr the detail created by the movement is nice.

Thanks both, much appreciated. It's nice to get off the mark for this year.

Not really a fan of ICM myself so doing it deliberately will definitely be a challenge!

Not really a fan of ICM myself so doing it deliberately will definitely be a challenge!
Same here, I don't particularly like this image, but it fits the bill.

Yep - first thing I saw was a Star Trek thing, Tech nicely got out of the way :)

Well that‘s tech out of the way Jim, I’m very much scratching my head about what to do but l think l might leave it for this week. I’m with Tim and Dave in that I saw an alien spacecraft initially.

I can see what it is, but what a warped mind to come up with it and use the tech as well.

I like this Jim, very abstract. It made me stare at it a bit trying to understand what was going on. I'm the opposite of you, I really like ICM shots.

Even if you don't like the technique it makes a very interesting composition.

Great choice to go mono. Nice.

Week 2 Old

This is some old leather, on the arm of an old Chesterfield armchair

Oh yes! Very nice! Perhaps a little tight on the buttons bottom right?

I bet that chair could tell a few tales....
Nice interpretation on the theme, and I like the lighting (or lack thereof).

Weird. Not doing a 52 I can just scroll down and pick the ones I like. The composition of this really caught my eye. The rivets and the subdued lighting just all work really well together.

Oh yes! Very nice! Perhaps a little tight on the buttons bottom right?

Thanks :) I agree, in hindsight I would have given those ones a bit more space.

I bet that chair could tell a few tales....
Nice interpretation on the theme, and I like the lighting (or lack thereof).

Thanks, all natural light from the window. It was my father-in-law's chair and yes, it probably could haha.

Weird. Not doing a 52 I can just scroll down and pick the ones I like. The composition of this really caught my eye. The rivets and the subdued lighting just all work really well together.

Thanks, appreciate the kind words.

Great choice for the theme. I like the dark and rich tones with the rivets/studs in contrast making for an interesting composition.

Love the colour of the weathering. Great post-processing.

Very moody from a simple subject. Like it.

A nice patina to the leather and I like the dark processing of the shot.
I tend to agree with @Boots' comment about being a little tight bottom right. Have you considered changing to a landscape crop, as personally I don't think you need to have all of the arm in the shot to convey the feel of the image that you're after.

Nice feel to this :)

Very moody from a simple subject. Like it.

Thanks

A nice patina to the leather and I like the dark processing of the shot.
I tend to agree with @Boots' comment about being a little tight bottom right. Have you considered changing to a landscape crop, as personally I don't think you need to have all of the arm in the shot to convey the feel of the image that you're after.

Yep, hindsight and all that :D (y)

Nice feel to this :)

Thanks

Can't beat a good old leather arm chair, loving the rivets on the side.

Cheers

Lovely lighting and post processing that brings out the textures. Nice composition too.

I can almost smell the leather... the darkness of the image really suits the subject. A nice idea for the theme too.

I can almost smell the leather... the darkness of the image really suits the subject. A nice idea for the theme too.

Thank you Helen

Back