weekly Flyphots 52 for 2022: - Week 52 'Showcase'

Week 3 - Receptacle

I don't think it needs any explanation, hope you like it

That's beautiful shot Jim. Well lit, well composed and an interesting subject.

The old armchair from last week would have only been a slight shoehorn for this week - a receptacle for many bums!!!

The old armchair from last week would have only been a slight shoehorn for this week - a receptacle for many bums!!!

haha, could have been worth a try ;) I think I prefer this one though :)

Week 4 - Bottle

I also took this one, just in case ...

I really like your first image Jim, but I'm not sure what I'm looking at? Are the straps actually on the post to hold a bottle? Or did someone just take advantage of a handy not-supposed-to-be-a-bottle holder?

I really like your first image Jim, but I'm not sure what I'm looking at? Are the straps actually on the post to hold a bottle? Or did someone just take advantage of a handy not-supposed-to-be-a-bottle holder?

Hi Bill, the display is in the Mediterranean biome at the Eden Project, showing how grapes are grown ;) So, yes the straps are on the post to hold the bottle in place

That's different Jim and works nicely for me. I was interested to hear the context too.

I prefer your first (main) image shot of the bottle straped to the fence post. The portrait format and the subtle selective colouring suit the subject matter. :clap:

Thanks Stan, much appreciated.

An interesting image, and one that's been st up and executed very nicely!

New - I definitely wouldn't have worked out the object so appreciate the description. Not sure how you would manage but a full 360 degree camera rotation with the keys could be interesting.

Old - Tbe patterns in leather always make for a good photo, definitely a lot more aesthetically pleasing that other fabrics. Would like to have seen the full arm.

Receptacle - The lighting both in the bottle itself and the background works great. Maybe some more space at the top and I would have been tempted to align the bottle with the floor grooves

Bottle - Quite fond of a Tempranillo or most other red wines!! The image works well for the theme, still undecided about the colour pop though

New - I definitely wouldn't have worked out the object so appreciate the description. Not sure how you would manage but a full 360 degree camera rotation with the keys could be interesting.

Old - Tbe patterns in leather always make for a good photo, definitely a lot more aesthetically pleasing that other fabrics. Would like to have seen the full arm.

Receptacle - The lighting both in the bottle itself and the background works great. Maybe some more space at the top and I would have been tempted to align the bottle with the floor grooves

Bottle - Quite fond of a Tempranillo or most other red wines!! The image works well for the theme, still undecided about the colour pop though

Thanks for the feedback Stuart

Nice shot - and nice X-Pro2 too :)

Nice!
The selective colour actually serves a purpose here, it really improves the image. I really like the way the frame trails off.

And I thought you were supposed to have roses at the end of your vine rows? Good use of mono and colour combo.

Week 5 - Snapper's Choice

I got up early and spent some time at the seafront this morning (it's been a while since i've been out with the camera!). Here are a few from the session ...

Reactions: Nod
Nice lobster pots - although from these the wavy waterline works for me :)

All good images that say seafront. I personally would have gone for the wavy waterline but that's just me.

Nice lobster pots - although from these the wavy waterline works for me :)

All good images that say seafront. I personally would have gone for the wavy waterline but that's just me.

Thanks both, I was really torn between the waterline and the one I chose.

Back