weekly foggy4evers 52 2013 Below added

Great movement shot, I've done a similar one in the past where I attached the camera to a rake whilst raking up leaves. It just proves you don't have to go very far to find a picture.

Pattern: 1st shot me for, great dof.

Movement: Great shot, fab sense of movement!

Can only echo what everyone else said, excellent:clap:

That's excellent - Love it, really good idea, great movement, lovely shark barrow and tools :clap:

HI ya

can't add to whats already been said.....humorous , well set up , spot on focus....fab shot :clap:

Cheers all!!!

Pattern is a great idea, obvious now, but it'd never have occurred to me before. I think the lower angle of the first takes it for me, but the added interest of the cheese & jalapenos works well in the second. Movement is just fantastic, great idea beautifully done, wouldn't change a thing.

First of the BBQ shots for me, great use of DOF, nicely set up with the condiments in the BG, yumyum....

Movement is a stand out cracker of a shot... LOVE IT.... leading lines from the handles, super sharp on the barrow and contents, and a huge rush of movement - you'll have the garden done in no time!! :clap:

Movement.

Very nicely done, great how you've captured a real sense of speed there.

Thanks!!

Great movement shot, I've done a similar one in the past where I attached the camera to a rake whilst raking up leaves. It just proves you don't have to go very far to find a picture.

Cheers Nicky, I had 2 ideas for a similar shot and the garden won as I was gardening anyway the second I'm keeping quiet just in case I need it later.

What an amazing photo! I actually feel as if I am pull it myself

Pattern: 1st shot me for, great dof.

Movement: Great shot, fab sense of movement!

Thank you.

Below, my first thought were too close to my recent vertical shots so left it late knowing I was going to Oulton Park for the BTCC qualifying.

A Renault Clio passes below a Marshal post and the new Foot bridge.

Renault Clio Qualifying by foggy4ever, on Flickr

Andrew Jordans BTCC Honda Civic is inspected from below in Scrutineering after qualifying.

Scrutineering by foggy4ever, on Flickr

and one more stretching the theme, this chaps tyres were below the required temperature to provide enough grip to get round Druids on his second lap of qualifying :D

DOH!! by foggy4ever, on Flickr

I do like the first one, if the platform had been more to the left with some room in front of the car it would have been perfect. the second one works well too, and is possibly the better pic of the 3, the third as you say is stretching it a little.

Cracking motion blur in #1 and I, not too concerned about the position OOF the car, but it's #2 for me. Just works and on theme. Nice colours and detail. Shallower DOF would have helped isolate the subjects. Cheers.

The wheelbarrow shot made me laugh, well thought of. Love the movement and under Motorsport shots too, nice and sharp (y)

#2 gets my vote of the three f4e (y)
They are all good as a set though, they tell a story.

lovely position and colours and composition for the scrutineering shot - would love to see a shot like this with movement blur on the mechanics below too. (y)

thought that the sppeding clio was another crack at movement till I read your text..... would this work at a slower shutter still? 1/30 maybe??

couple of ideas for the future (y) But shots above work well as they are too.

Some great shots here.

The movement one is superb with the wheel barrow crystal sharp and the movement in the grass / garden. It appears to me you were moving backwards? Is that right?

I also like the image of the blurred car - bright colours against the silver railings. Spot on. Well done.

Hi ya

#1 for me...cracking motion , the car below the hut & great colors...really works well...not worried about the lack of space in front of the car at all (y)

#2 for me is also on theme but needs something to isolate the bg a touch more

cheers & see ya sson...roll on Cumbria..it's nearly time :D

Another vote for #1!

The motion blur is something else... the way the car blurs into the armco barrier is lovely. Car to the left of the frame would have helped for me, with space to run into, but it's no biggie. I particularly like the way all the marshals are utterly disinterested in it!

I do like the first one, if the platform had been more to the left with some room in front of the car it would have been perfect. the second one works well too, and is possibly the better pic of the 3, the third as you say is stretching it a little.

Cheers, I would have liked more of the Bridge to the right for the car to move into but it was in very bright sunshine on the other side and as the Marshals post was in heavy shade was too much for the dynamic range.

Cracking motion blur in #1 and I, not too concerned about the position OOF the car, but it's #2 for me. Just works and on theme. Nice colours and detail. Shallower DOF would have helped isolate the subjects. Cheers.

Cheers Andy, I was travelling light..ish so was using the X10 for the paddock so little chance of blurring out the background.

Hi Colt :)

Below - Good variety of shots there, for me I love the first, the movement of the car and the stillness of the rest of the shot is very effective, and the car motion dead below the marshall post (y)

Cheers DK

The wheelbarrow shot made me laugh, well thought of. Love the movement and under Motorsport shots too, nice and sharp (y)

Thanks

#2 gets my vote of the three f4e (y)
They are all good as a set though, they tell a story.

Cheers, the second is the more obvious to the theme.

lovely position and colours and composition for the scrutineering shot - would love to see a shot like this with movement blur on the mechanics below too. (y)

thought that the sppeding clio was another crack at movement till I read your text..... would this work at a slower shutter still? 1/30 maybe??

couple of ideas for the future (y) But shots above work well as they are too.

Blurring the mechanics would be a great idea but would need tripod and area was too busy at the time.

I tried a few @1/30 but even with the monopod the marshals weren't as sharp as I would have liked.

Cheers
Some great shots here.

The movement one is superb with the wheel barrow crystal sharp and the movement in the grass / garden. It appears to me you were moving backwards? Is that right?

I also like the image of the blurred car - bright colours against the silver railings. Spot on. Well done.

The wheel barrow was moving forward :D

Hi ya

#1 for me...cracking motion , the car below the hut & great colors...really works well...not worried about the lack of space in front of the car at all (y)

#2 for me is also on theme but needs something to isolate the bg a touch more

cheers & see ya sson...roll on Cumbria..it's nearly time :D

Cheers Blondie, I was lucky to get the position for the second as a couple of guys moved out of the way to give me dead centre but no chance of a real narrow dof with the X10.

P.S. your going to be soooo busy in Cumbria with your plan :LOL:

Another vote for #1!

The motion blur is something else... the way the car blurs into the armco barrier is lovely. Car to the left of the frame would have helped for me, with space to run into, but it's no biggie. I particularly like the way all the marshals are utterly disinterested in it!

Cheers Nick, I took about 8 shots and it was the only one of a couple with the Marshals sharp and the car roughly where I wanted it.

Hi sorry it's taken me so long to comment...trying to do catch up now :bonk:

Pattern:My preference is first pic

Movement:loving this....great sense of movement with the blur each side of the wheelbarrow :clap:

Below: Cant make mind up which I prefer, either the first or second. First one took me a while to cotton on to 'below' but do like the movement and the marshalls already looking for the next car.

Number 2 for me, definitely "below" while the others are a stretch! Bectha wished you'd saved no 1 for the "speed" week! There's actually a lot to like in no 2, good shot!

Back