weekly Fullfast's 2012 52 week Challenge - Week 14 "ENTRANCE to the fish" added

Sweet - I'm afraid the lack of focus isn't helping me on this one

Secure - Nice idea for the theme. I like colour on the graph in the second one

Morning Simon, great name by the way ;), apologies for not getting round to your thread earlier, still playing catch up 5 blimin' weeks in :bang:.

Direction - like the idea behind it but find the dof too strong for the shot, also the shadow at the front is distracting too.

Fear - excellent shot, wonderful colours too, maybe just having the blood trickle down would add to the shot, and the dof is spot on.

Sigh - a difficult theme for most of us I think and you've pulled that one off excellently. Hehehe did notice too the display switched off on the scales :nono: :LOL:

Sweet - love it!!!! Vibrant wonderful colours, dof spot on (y)

Secure - prefer the colour version, the orange on the graph give the shot the edge over the mono version.

Morning Simon, great name by the way ;), apologies for not getting round to your thread earlier, still playing catch up 5 blimin' weeks in :bang:.

Direction - like the idea behind it but find the dof too strong for the shot, also the shadow at the front is distracting too.

Fear - excellent shot, wonderful colours too, maybe just having the blood trickle down would add to the shot, and the dof is spot on.

Sigh - a difficult theme for most of us I think and you've pulled that one off excellently. Hehehe did notice too the display switched off on the scales :nono: :LOL:

Sweet - love it!!!! Vibrant wonderful colours, dof spot on (y)

Thanks Simon - Appreciate all the time to write the comments......

Secure - prefer the colour version, the orange on the graph give the shot the edge over the mono version.

'Secure' really good take on this weeks theme. I think stuffing the money under the mattress is much safer ! I do prefer your colour photograph as the mono I feel is a little dull for this subject and graphics are meant to be punchy (y)

I love the sweet. Loads of vibrant colour. Very nice.
Of the two secure, I prefer the B&W one, but that's just me.

Good take on the theme Simon but as said above, it is a wee bit soft. I think with this subject I would have preferred a sharp silhouette of the cranes. Iain

I am used to cranes at the shipyards in wallsend - there was one huge crane with a smaller one atop it. Also saw big Geordie once. So although I like your idea and the shot is good (like the sky) I would have liked to see the cranes shot from the side, just my thoughts :)

hi Simon, i like your thinking on the cranes, but i would have loved to have seen them sharper and the vignetting isn't really working for me in this one

As others have said its a bit soft, and the vignette is a bit close round the focal area. I would be tempted to brighten the colours alitte but that may take away from what you are trying to say with it. The cranes are definitely industry though (y)

Like the cranes idea but would lose the vignette, B&W would be worth trying too.

hi Simon

Like others, catching up
Sweet - I like the composition and the colour rendition. Makes me think of summer and warmth
Secure - Nice image. I prefer the b&w
Industry - agree with what has been said re softness and vignetting, although the idea is super and the viewpoint good as DK says.

Was very fortunate to visit the Lotus GP factory today in oxford.....got me thinking that the F1 industry is pretty much a UK industry....unfortunately only had iPhone camera....damm shame as cameras were allowed.......hoping to revisit soon if I am invited back....

Here is one......UK Industry...on the cutting edge

Lotus F1 iPhone by Fullfast, on Flickr

I'm sorry I've missed your pictures. Great so far. The "sweet" is mouth watering in it's colour. Like your Lotus picture too.

Hi Simon

Industry....love it...great angle , sharp , good colors , nice symetry & a different take on the theme :clap:

Sweet....very vibrant & certainly on theme (y)....slightly more focus on the strawbs would have nailed it

Secure...much prefer the color version , like the angle & again on theme (y)

I especially like the first industry one :)

And yet another I've missed...

Direction - Nice idea but the 3 bands of focus in different colours are a bit off-putting.

Fear - Good idea but not keen I'm afraid. The red background is distracting and the drops seem a bit off.

Sigh - Only really needs the first picture imo but tbh that needs to have some numbers on the screen as well. If the other 2 shots are in then I'd agree that the other way round might be better.

Sweet - looks very heavily processed on my screen but it's a cheap netbook so not sure.

Secure - very original idea and 2 good shots but personal preference is for B&W.

Industry - I like the first as it's on-theme and an interesting shot. The 2nd seems a bit less on-theme, not so much because it's F1 and not traditional industry but more as it's the end product and not the industrial aspect.

Loving the pic of the Lotus F1 car, sharp, vibrant, symmetrical, really good pic! (y)

iPhone or not that lotus is a stunning pic from an unusual angle. Very nice.

That's not bad at all Simon... great dof, spot on sharp where it needs to be, and good colour - Nice One :)

Thanks for that.....must admit I love macro work.......

Great 52 thread, all round great photos all fitting themes nicely.

Matt

Thanks Matt.....appreciate the comments

blondie606 said:
Hi Simon

handmade....such a simple idea...why the heck didn't I think of that :bang:

Like the DOF but maybe getting the needle sharp(no pun intended :LOL:) might work too ?...just for my learning what lens did you use ?

Thanks for that, I must admit I tried it with the needle sharp and it didn't really work in my mind.

I took it with a tamron 90mm macro on a calumet photo table and off camera flash...

Nice pic for handmade, it works ok, but I wonder how it would look with the needle at the front of the cotton and dof fading to the back.

Good idea Michael.....have a bit of time tonight so am going to give a couple of ideas a go and will post back.....will hopefully have Money posted as well

:LOL: very inventive, great effort (y)

Back