Ganton Gunners 52'ers challenge 2019 week 12 young added

A waiting Cormorant is a very nice shot Peter, a great clean/clear BG and love how it is just waiting.
Rough is on theme as right hand side is rough grass growing, a nice scenic shot too.
Lol I was looking at all my sea shots from the weekend thinking none of them have rough sea so decided to shoehorn it the opposite way,I never one clicked onto the fact there was rough grass in most of them lol.

Waiting is a really nice image love the blues with the splash of red
Rough well not rough works in a way, need to straighten the horizon though.

Two excellent images Peter.
Waiting: fantastic detail and colour. Very nicely composed and perfectly fits the theme...not much more to say....it's spot on!
Rough: a juxtaposition or a shoehorn? Either is fine by me! ;) Very nice image, and good use of the beach contour as a natural frame....very nice.
Nice work!(y)

Two very good shots there. I like the hint of sun and the uniform background in WAITING.
ROUGH
needs straightening perhaps, as mentioned, but still it is on theme. so fine by me.

Hi Peter welcome to the madness that the the TP52

New - Really like that nice and sharp looks really good in B&W.

Clean - A great image for the theme an Lego Mini-figures too!

Open - Another fun image great take on the theme. I hope Batman wasn't driving the batmobile afterwards!

Distant - Works well for the theme.

Cold - Lovely image love the leading line of the Getty running on a slight diagonal lovely texture in the ice on the lake

Waiting - Great image nicely seen with a good use of DoF

Rough - A shoehorn worthy of Mr @Cobra :Dlovely image but as Allan and Bob have already said it needs straightening

Good luck with you 52 challenge I look forward to seeing your images :clap:

Waiting: The red and white pole and blurred background lead you in nicely to the waiting bird.

Rough: Can't really say anymore than what others have commented on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love that waiting image. Those bloody cormorants get everywhere. Nice colour and detail

Hi Peter, Rough is a pleasant scene - it's a bit of a shoehorn and the horizon has already been mentioned - but Waiting is a cracking shot for that theme. Lovely contrast between the red and blue, and also between the upright pole and the horizontal lines in the background, and then you have the bird perfectly placed and clearly biding its time. I really like that one (y)

Not rough is nice and I wondered who would reverse the theme. Needs a straighten.

Hi Peter,

Waiting - Liking the contrasting colours of the red & blue and it certainly makes a good waiting point for the birdy.
Rough - has the picture been changed? I'm not seeing any issue with the horizon. A large expanse of "Not Rough" :)

Waiting: nice capture on theme; the colours and contrast work well to get attention in the right place
Rough: I often like to do the Not version so I'm fully on board with that! I like the composition with the bay curving round the image

Hi Peter,

Waiting - Liking the contrasting colours of the red & blue and it certainly makes a good waiting point for the birdy.
Rough - has the picture been changed? I'm not seeing any issue with the horizon. A large expanse of "Not Rough" :)

i erm levelled it lol thanks :)

as usual a late one for me :D
The chosen Object was a solar water feature in my garden where the sparrows like to frequent.
the pictured sparrow is actually taking up residence in a bird box in my garden :)
500_2253 by peter staddon, on Flickr

Super image Peter, great details in the sparrow.
I love the blue colours in the water feature, and your visitor is an excellent focal point.
Great composition, exposure and nice use of DoF to give the bird some separation.
Nice work!(y)

A weird looking thing, looking at the birds, does it have flowing water usually?
The blue of the object is really nice and stands out well against the grass :)
Yes It does normally have water flowing unfortunately the panel was a little overcast by shadows so it was not running :(

Interesting water feature great timing having the Sparrow sitting on the edge. I think I would be tempted to crop the rsh slightly to lose the black triangle (solar panel?)

Clever image with the small sparrow in front of the larger bird on the water feature. I would get rid of the block on the right though if possible, but as that would cut the sparrow's tail off maybe cloning would work best? It's a nice spring looking image to look at on an overcast grey day!

Nice image. It's a bit surreal with the sparrow being overshadowed by another huge bird

I agree with the above comment about removing the object on the right I would also like to have seen more of the water feature

Interesting water feature great timing having the Sparrow sitting on the edge. I think I would be tempted to crop the rsh slightly to lose the black triangle (solar panel?)
Clever image with the small sparrow in front of the larger bird on the water feature. I would get rid of the block on the right though if possible, but as that would cut the sparrow's tail off maybe cloning would work best? It's a nice spring looking image to look at on an overcast grey day!
I agree with the above comment about removing the object on the right I would also like to have seen more of the water feature
Yes, maybe the whole water thing and removal of the thing on the right. Otherwise, good contrast between the sparrow and the object itself.
Tidied up at the right unfortunately could not add more of the water feature :(

500_2253-2 by peter staddon, on Flickr

Somehow the new edit makes the real bird stand out a bit more, which is nice, but good subject and good dof.

Back