Greenwich and Ansel Adams Exhibition Film Meet, 26th Jan 2013

Looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow, looking to arrive for coffee at about 9.30AM and the excitement is beginning to build. I have just had a look on Metcheck and Greenwich is forecast for -1 to +2 during the day with wind chill only 1 or 2 degree,s lower so light winds thank goodness, remember wrap up warm or we will all be in Andy,s hotel room :).

Just packed my selection of camera,s and film, so that I will not change my mind for the tenth time, here it is: Bronica ETRS 50mm f2.8 PE lens, shooting T-Max 100 loaded in two backs and I recently acquired a 220 back which is loaded with a unknown 400Asa, should be interesting results.

The second is the Bessa that I bought from Andy, I have not used it yet and will load that with some Lucky 100 and also put through some Portra 160V, have to have a bit of colour.

The reason I decided on 100 Asa is to try and utilise as much of the available natural light as possible and let the devil take the hindmost.:) Redsnapper on board of course.

See you there and a good journey to you all.

Richard, you will need to keep Bessie hidden or I may start begging for her back. I don't normally fret over cameras that have moved on but I really miss that one.:crying:

I will bring the M6 and lenses and my Rolleiflex T I think. Also a tripod and a bunch of acros and HP5+ in various formats. I also have some random 120 rolls in the drawer so will bring those. I think there is also a roll of 120 slide or two if anyone wants it. I don't!

Sadly my pink pass has been withdrawn for this so I am sorry to say that I will not be joining you all.

Hope the weather is good for you all and hope to make the next gathering

regards

Mark

Just seen the weather forecast and it looks good. Sod the acros, time to break of the 50iso film!

Just seen the weather forecast and it looks good. Sod the acros, time to break of the 50iso film!

Is that it? I'm bringing ISO 25 and 6 :D

I have only 1600iso....and only 105mm f2.0... Fast shutter speeds for me lol

Why do you own such film? You live up north! Even with a wide open aperture you would need to expose for days! ;)

Because up north we have things called tripods, they were going to be exported to the southern market but were deemed to be too complicated for the average southerner...

Because up north we have things called tripods, they were going to be exported to the southern market but were deemed to be too complicated for the average southerner...

What are they made of? Must be bloody strong not to be knocked over by the artic winds and snow and dragons you have up there!

What are they made of? Must be bloody strong not to be knocked over by the artic winds and snow and dragons you have up there!

Concrete and Scaffolding poles... Oh wait thats the camera on top of it :D

If you want rid of them... I'm down to my last roll (y)

I will see what turns up in my film drawer. Quite frankly I am not sure what some of it is! There is a roll in there you gave me that all I know about it is that it is 120, b&w and 400iso!

I gave you a roll of Fomapan 100 a while ago, i don't think it's increased in speed since then :p

I gave you a roll of Fomapan 100 a while ago, i don't think it's increased in speed since then :p

Someone must have been at it with the marker pens then. Either that or it is yet another random 120 roll to deal with! If all else fails stick it in 1:100 rodinal for an hour and hope for the best! ;)

thankfully after a topseturvy week ive managed to get tomorrow off- earlier in the week it wasnt looking likely with the weather holding me back with work...

so the plan is to meet up at 930 at starbucks then??? il enjoy a lay in till about 9am and wake up walking down the road and in the coffee shop lol-

gonna sound like a daft question, but at the ansel adams exhibits etc are we going to be allowed to take pics??? i mean we arent going to be breaking no legislation of any kind (most eu regs are somewhat back to front) and wasnt planning to be having a mass meet in a police cell....

is it peoples intentions to have a run around greenwich after/before aswell or are people purely going for the exhibit and booze??

thankfully after a topseturvy week ive managed to get tomorrow off- earlier in the week it wasnt looking likely with the weather holding me back with work...

so the plan is to meet up at 930 at starbucks then??? il enjoy a lay in till about 9am and wake up walking down the road and in the coffee shop lol-

gonna sound like a daft question, but at the ansel adams exhibits etc are we going to be allowed to take pics??? i mean we arent going to be breaking no legislation of any kind (most eu regs are somewhat back to front) and wasnt planning to be having a mass meet in a police cell....

is it peoples intentions to have a run around greenwich after/before aswell or are people purely going for the exhibit and booze??

No photography is allowed in the exhibition, not that you'd really want to as all of the prints are behind glass

I certainly intend to mooch around Greenwich, whether everyone else does is a different matter (y)

Deffo mooching. Perhaps take some photos. A spot of luch and then a post shooting pint in the afternoon!

That's my plan anyways!

ok- just checked to see the sunrise times and its 7.47am tomorrow, so i'm now going to be there before to try and get some cutty sark sunrise shots if anyone wants to do something similar before meeting people at 930....

well ive just finnished knitting a big pair of wooly knickers ,,,so at least my head will be warm ,,,now ,let me see if ive got any film anywhere

What he said.

Mooching yes, a few shots yes, libations at some of the local inns and gin joints. Wouldn't mind a look at the observatory and the cutty sark as well.
Andy

Hope you all enjoy yourselves.......just a heads up to let you know that the film challenge 22 thread is up with an "interesting" theme which some of you may get a chance to capture whilst darn sarth in the Big City!

I was afraid I wouldn't make it because of weather but we hd rain not snow so should be on!

Can someone pm me their number?
I seem to of woken up with something they call a hangover. I'm not quite sure how that happened but I suspect it has something to do with the northern fairies visiting me during the nighttime!!! And No!! there are no pennies under my pillow!!!

Can someone pm me their number?
I seem to of woken up with something they call a hangover. I'm not quite sure how that happened but I suspect it has something to do with the northern fairies visiting me during the nighttime!!! And No!! there are no pennies under my pillow!!!

PM'd you Matt (y)

OH dear, what a bad morning, got home from work and my lovely daughter has called saying that her car is playing up and as she is going to her dress maker today with my wife for final fitting, can they use the car, well what can a Dad do, but, to say OK, so going to miss today at Greenwich, but I am determined to shoot some film as it is already packed, so when I get back I am off to the Medway foreshore to use the Bronica.

I know you will have a great day with good light, it is getting better here already with a great blue sky appearing, I cannot wait to see the results, maybe next time for me.(y)

Back