Gremlin16 - 2019 52’s WEEK 15 ABOVE

Lovely detail on the puppy. Black dogs are really difficult to photograph and you have a cracker there. Nice background as well.

Lovely shot, good luck with that when it gets bigger! No more dogs for me... My 4 year old daughter is more than enough :)

The dog is gorgeous. A well composed image and the dog stands out nicely from the background. The details in the fur really show.

The dogs eyes, just wondering what it’s staring at ? Seems transfixed

I think one of my children was dangling a toy. The hardest part of this shot was getting the brute to sit still for more than 3 seconds, and secondly getting that to happen under the catchment of the light.

Thanks for all the lovely comments everyone. I’ll try and get his week’s submission in on time. :)

New
I love a good pet pic. I wonder if you could have gotten away with converting into B/W.

Last edited:
Very nice shot. Lovely detail on the eye. Welcome to the 52s.

That dog is gonna have to be nailed to the floor as, with springer, cocker and lurcher, he's gonna take some serious recall training ;)

Welcome to the 52 and congrats on your lovely new pup! I'm a sucker for doggy photos so you won't hear a word against this from me :) I know from experience that black dogs (and cats) are challenging so you've done well with this, and the light in the eye is perfect.

Hi Gremlin

Lovely black puppy you have there. Lots of detail and the black looks black, love his eyes.

Pete

Great details in the glasses, and good use of DoF for separation.
Nicely lit, and works very well as a mono, and that drip on the tap is a nice touch!
Very nice work(y)

thanks Gareth. That drip has been the bane of my life for the last 12 months. It's on the list of things to do, but the list keeps getting longer and that one keeps getting pushed further down :)

I've actually flipped the image horizontally too as I preferred it the other way round. I can't say why or how i prefer it, only that to me, it looks better.

Excellent wintry image @gremlin16 .(y)
The blue tones work so well to convey the cold feel.
Great detail in the gulls and the clever use of the fog works nicely to add separation, almost like a shallow DoF would have.
For a rushed image, it works tremendously well.
Hats off sir....although probably best to keep your hat on....looks freezing out there!!:giggle:

I'm a bit late on commenting :D

New - Lovely new puppy, very cute. You did well to get so much detail in the fur, very tricky with an all black dog
Clean - Good choice to go mono with this one I think. Makes it an nice clean image. Everyday scene that you have made interesting
Open - Really did think they were on a beach, till I read your info. The blue cast works well to make it feel even colder. I like the mistiness in the bg too. Is this just the water or was it foggy?

:D

Hi there,

New - What an adorable puppy. Nice shot. Has a light HDR feel about it which I like.
Clean - Very nice shot. Works well in Mono. The focus on the glasses really tells the story.
Open - I too like the blue cast to the image. It fits perfectly to portray a chilly scene. Nice and open in the foreground and background too.

I'm a bit late on commenting :D

New - Lovely new puppy, very cute. You did well to get so much detail in the fur, very tricky with an all black dog
Clean - Good choice to go mono with this one I think. Makes it an nice clean image. Everyday scene that you have made interesting
Open - Really did think they were on a beach, till I read your info. The blue cast works well to make it feel even colder. I like the mistiness in the bg too. Is this just the water or was it foggy?

:D

Thank you for your kind comments. The Open shot was taken out in the middle of a local lodge. It is a mixture of water, ice and fog. I still think it looks like a beach even though I took the photo :)

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. I am determined to get this week's image up on time, and definitely going to get round to commenting on everyone else's works. When I have done this challenge previously, I was in a different job where I literally had time to sit and go through the forum for hours at a time. On the flip side, i am much happier now even though i have less time on my hands.

Oops, I somehow missed your 'Open' image when I was here yesterday. I'm working my way down the 'Images Only' thread and have just come to it. It's a super scene with background mist, the birds almost lined up for you across the middle and the details and texture of the ice there and in the open foreground. The blue tones convey a definite cold atmosphere too.

Back