weekly Happygolucky's 52 week challenge 2012- Sigh added

I think I prefer your first fear shot, the black and white lends itself well to this type of shot.I'm not sure about the second one, I want to see more of the front of the gravestone and maybe taken a little lower down!

Well done!
Note taken, thank you (y)
#2 is nice like the colours.

Both convey the theme well though
Phew ;)
Great start so far Andrew. I like your images and am enjoying your interpretations.
I'm glad you like them, thanks very much (y)
+1 on the above. Really like all of your
entries/candidates. Good start!
Thank you kindly :)

Hey Andrew... looks like your enjoying your 52 :)

Wk1 - I prefer the 1st one myself, gives more of the sense of Direction (I really like the PP on the second image)

Wk2 - I'm not sure which I prefer yet, if it stays at these 2 I reckon the 1st again... I'll pop back and see what you come up with..

Keep enjoying (y)

Thanks guys I appreciate your comments.
As for the mono in direction it was a simple conversion to greyscale and a contrast boost, easy :)

Hey Andrew... looks like your enjoying your 52 :)

Wk1 - I prefer the 1st one myself, gives more of the sense of Direction (I really like the PP on the second image)

Wk2 - I'm not sure which I prefer yet, if it stays at these 2 I reckon the 1st again... I'll pop back and see what you come up with..

Keep enjoying (y)
I am enjoying it very much, can't wait for the next theme already :runaway:
Nice pics Andrew. Bang on theme.
I was looking for an open grave myself, but got chased out of the cemetry, didnt think i could run that fast. lol

:LOL: By your own fear?

Hi Andrew...trying desparately to catch up with everyones threads...'polgies for not finding you sooner :crying:

Direction....has to be 1# for me...love anything with movement....in this shot it adds to the sense of direction...like the motion blur & the colors are great.... :clap:sky is sky,can't be helped in this country !

Fear....liking both images but think it's 1# for me....just enough detail on the stone...certainly on theme , nice angle to shot from...yup,def 1# for me :clap:

Great start to your challenge...keep up the good work mister (y)

I see fear but #1 is a bit central and lacks punch. #2, much closer (or further away) would improve..closer to see the names and further away to give it more context.

Cheers.

ohhhh choices lol, I like them both, but I am leaning more towards the second as the colour processing is quite atmospheric :)

Nice start to your 52 Andrew. Just catching up with all the threads, sorry not seen yours earlier.

Direction - both really good shots. #1 is my preference as the motion blur is spot on and more in line with the subject for me. Although the b&w no.2 is a cracking pic too.

Fear - certainly the 1st shot is the winner of the two. Maybe the 2nd one would be better close up and a mono version, still an excellent take on the theme.

Looking forward to more of your 52 :)

Hi Andrew...trying desparately to catch up with everyones threads...'polgies for not finding you sooner :crying:

Direction....has to be 1# for me...love anything with movement....in this shot it adds to the sense of direction...like the motion blur & the colors are great.... :clap:sky is sky,can't be helped in this country !

Fear....liking both images but think it's 1# for me....just enough detail on the stone...certainly on theme , nice angle to shot from...yup,def 1# for me :clap:

Great start to your challenge...keep up the good work mister (y)

I see fear but #1 is a bit central and lacks punch. #2, much closer (or further away) would improve..closer to see the names and further away to give it more context.

Cheers.

ohhhh choices lol, I like them both, but I am leaning more towards the second as the colour processing is quite atmospheric :)

I really like the b & w photo of the train, it looks great

Nice idea Andy.

#2 for me, I like the green colours and aged stone.

The second shot for fear is a winner. Bloody eerie!

Nice start to your 52 Andrew. Just catching up with all the threads, sorry not seen yours earlier.

Direction - both really good shots. #1 is my preference as the motion blur is spot on and more in line with the subject for me. Although the b&w no.2 is a cracking pic too.

Fear - certainly the 1st shot is the winner of the two. Maybe the 2nd one would be better close up and a mono version, still an excellent take on the theme.

Looking forward to more of your 52 :)

Thanks guys I appreciate you dropping by, sorry if I haven't commented on yours yet, so many it's hard to keep track.

Direction : The moving train fits the bill, and I prefer the first rendition of it... agreed on the sky...

Fear : Of the two, the second is probably more on theme, but I prefer the first one. I think the comment about getting low and having the stone more looming is a good one...

Week three- sigh
I took this this morning and called it "Lonely Avenue" it makes me sigh to think they're are so many people on this planet yet a lot of folk suffer from loneliness

2012/52 Sigh by hpygolucky, on Flickr

Thanks for looking (y)

Different take on this weeks theme. Lighting and composition works well for me.

I also love the lighting and composition and I'm a sucker for these tree avenue type shots.
Out of interest, have you tried it in B&W?

Yeah, sorry it doesn't shout "sigh", I found it quite a difficult theme to think of something app't. But hopefully after the explanation you can see where I'm coming from. Thanks everyone for commenting and I apologise in advance if I haven't on yours yet, lots to trawl through. Here's my mono conversion for Rico

2012/52-B+W Sigh by hpygolucky, on Flickr

Thanks for looking (y)

Direction:
Of the train shots I like both. I like the blur on 1 and the sharp low viewpoint of 2. I also like the square crops. No 1 takes it for me though because of the detail on cast pillar and the blur of the moving train. The rain (if that is what it is) could soon be taken out.

Fear:
Both good ideas and I agree with most of what's been said. I like the colour one though because it seems to be asking what is out there in the darkness.

Sigh:
I concur. Great capture though.

Me too.

Yeah, sorry it doesn't shout "sigh", I found it quite a difficult theme to think of something app't. But hopefully after the explanation you can see where I'm coming from.

Hard topic this week.. haven't even shot mine yet. In my humble point of view, it's what makes you or me sigh and conveying that to others.. so I'm getting exactly what you mean.

Lovely shot as a standalone but fits the theme for me.

Hello Andrew sorry i haven't dropped in before,

Direction - the first one works well for me its definately a train and i like the punch of the colours.

Fear - spot on theme i prefer the second 1, i really like the wethering on the gravestones.

Sigh - with the explanation i can see what you were saying, the photo itself is nicely composed and the light is lovely

It's a lovely shot, which I think I prefer in colour. It gets sigh across as well as most of us have done; it's a VERY tough week!

I'm hoping for an easy one tomorrow. "Flower" maybe?

Back