D

Deleted member 59779

Photo is taken today. Hope I can upload it tomorrow from my Mac...:bang:
Th idea came quick the taking to get a decentish shot tok a while longer:LOL:

Hi Mandy

welcome to the 52's madhouse :)

Look forward to seeing your images (y)

Help,

How do I get my image into the thread. I have after many hrs struggling got image into gallery but unsure how to get it into thread. Any help appreciated

Thank you

IMG_6902_edited-3.jpg

Doh How easy was that. I'll be grey before week 4 at this rate.

First photo taken in a while little experience. Please be gently, but very willing to learn

Last edited by a moderator:
Good start Mandy, bang on theme 3 times over by my count ;)

I would like to see the image a little larger but apart from that (y)

Hi Mandy :)

Sin - Not sure about the calculator's link, but the chocolate and wine fit the theme well, the lighting has certainly made the image bright enough, and all the items fit in the frame well - A good start for a a person with little experience (y)

PS... don't forget to add a link to this thread of yours from the photo's only thread, it will get people here more frequently :)

A larger image would be good have you tried using flickr it seems to be the best way of getting pics on here, a good start

Well Done on getting your picture up Mandy, I saw you were trying to work it out in another thread. I think doing it via the forum gallery the largest size permitted is 800 pixels on the longest size.

I assumed the calculator was showing the number of calories for some reason, probably needs a 1 or 2 in front of the number but who cares, its chocolate. I would prefer a slightly lower angle so you can see into the glass but it is an excellent start.

A larger image would be good have you tried using flickr it seems to be the best way of getting pics on here, a good start

Thanks for looking. Haven't got to flickr yet but did wonder whether it would make it easier to get pics on here. it definitely took me a while to do. Will look at flickr and maybe registering.

Good start Mandy, bang on theme 3 times over by my count ;)

I would like to see the image a little larger but apart from that (y)

I know what you mean about the size but it was such a learning curve to resize, but hey I got there. Flickr as been suggested to me, so I will at some point look at that.
Thanks for comments

Hi Mandy :)

Sin - Not sure about the calculator's link, but the chocolate and wine fit the theme well, the lighting has certainly made the image bright enough, and all the items fit in the frame well - A good start for a a person with little experience (y)

PS... don't forget to add a link to this thread of yours from the photo's only thread, it will get people here more frequently :)

I see another learning curve here. Will try to do this for week 2.

Well Done on getting your picture up Mandy, I saw you were trying to work it out in another thread. I think doing it via the forum gallery the largest size permitted is 800 pixels on the longest size.

I assumed the calculator was showing the number of calories for some reason, probably needs a 1 or 2 in front of the number but who cares, its chocolate. I would prefer a slightly lower angle so you can see into the glass but it is an excellent start.

Thanks for comments. I will make a mental not about a lower angle for future reference. Youwere right the calculator was showing calories.:)

Hi Mandy. Definitely sinful. Would like to see from a slightly lower angle just to give it a little dimension and help separate the shadows from the objects a little. Good luck with the rest of your 52.

Number 2, the photo of the bird is a real winner for me! The third one, while very cute feels more like a snapshot to me and the first shot has the ability to be fantastic if it weren't for the fog!

I appreciate fog can work in the right case, but I'd just like to see more clarity in that first tree.

The bird photo is really great - DOF is great and the colours are lovely!

As Jamie has said need to see more clarity in the tree it really needs to stand out. the bird pic I think might benefit from a slightly tighter crop

Good work rate this week Mandy (y)

#1 is a little to grey for my taste, perhaps needs a contrast boost just to lift the tree out of the scene. Cropping some from the top may concentrate the viewers eye a little more. I feel the space above the trees is required. IMHO

#2 this is my pick of the three, much more clarity in this one. Again i would suggest a crop. You could probably crop the rhs away, keeping the bird in the right hand third. It is bang on theme, very seasonal.

#3 a clean sharp image but I feel it just needs a little something to lift it. Maybe one where there is more movement?

All good work though, the above is purely my opinion so please feel free to disregard ;) iain

#2 is the winner for me, a tighter crop perhaps is required
#1 Second best. I agree with the comments, the tree with a bit more contrast would make it a striking photo
#3 IMHO a more 'portrait' like photo would have a stronger impact.

Hi, Mandy, missed yours :thinking:

Sin, on theme and well laid out. WB looks OK. Just the angle you photographed at feel a bit, erm, traditional. Lower angle maybe.

Season #1 for me. Nice detail in the trees. I'd like to see a bit more contrast. Now, if I put my fingers across the screen and remove the LH tree, it become a much better photograph for me.

Season #2, on theme, but it's a very small bird, obscured by a branch.

Season #3, dog in snow. On theme, but imagine what it would have looked like from ground level with the dog bounding towards you, with eye contact and snow flying everywhere! You might have got a bit cold, but it would have been a cracker.

All crit is given with the best intentions (y)

Cheers.

Wow, I was struggling with one 'Season' shot last week, and you just knocked-out 3!

I'm going to go with #1 as my favourite. I like the composition, although I'd like to see either just a little more contrast to darken the trees, or, conversely, much less so there is just an idea of the trees.

The other shots I find a bit 'meh...'. In #2, the bird to too small in frame to be a focal point. Number 3 is quite nice, but I'd have liked the dog to have been further to the right of frame, which I think would have given the dog a little more purpose.

Thanks,
Drew

1 would be my choice with a little more clarity/definition and a crop to landscape rather than portrait

twigs are nice and clear but even with the blackbird little to hold my interest

Dog - clear shot but would have been much better from dog's level.

If you could put a link in the main thread to this one - http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=456716
it might help you get more comments as it is difficult to find, I kept ended up at flickr instead of here :) - If you are having problems just copy the url from the box at the top of the page your picture is on in this thread and paste it with your pictures in the picture only thread

Back