weekly HelenC's 52 for 2024. Week 16: Empty

Heya Helen,

Water: Quite a High Key image. Very smooth water :) What it the thing on the tilt at the end of the pier?
Snappers: Good to tick off the tech a few weeks ahead of the change ;) I feel this shot could have done with more light (as I think you do too), but not an easy option SooC the way this month has been so far.

I imagine they will turn to the light eventually. Or maybe camera shy? Nice one!

Heya Helen,

Water: Quite a High Key image. Very smooth water :) What it the thing on the tilt at the end of the pier?
Snappers: Good to tick off the tech a few weeks ahead of the change ;) I feel this shot could have done with more light (as I think you do too), but not an easy option SooC the way this month has been so far.
@LC2 I have no idea what the appendage is. And you're right, most of the past weeks could have done with more light!

Thanks ffor dropping by guys.

Totally uninspired this week.. with more grey and very wet days to boot.
The lanes are also full of sharp twigs as the hedge cutting gets finished.... this one is particularly neat and tidy

PW6A7798 by Helen Cannon, on Flickr

Another nice countryside mono, which suits the horrible weather we're all having. Roll on spring!

What Simon said and I know how you feel but I’m sure high pressure and sunshine was mentioned for this weekend :)

Last edited:
Inspired or not, it looks fine to me. Dunno, maybe more sky, less grass?

I always enjoy your images Helen, especially the ones at the beach.

Weather hasn't been great here either, but that is a nice clean image and fits the bill nicely.

Another nice countryside mono, which suits the horrible weather we're all having. Roll on spring!

What Simon said and I know how you feel but I’m sure high pressure and sunshine was mentioned for this weekend :)
Thanks for stopping by guys... much appreciated.

A bit late posting... due to someone steailing my days.
When the sky looks like this you know there is some filthy weather about to arrive. A phone shot.. was kicking myself for not having the proper camera with me!

IMG_20240222_133855 by Helen Cannon, on Flickr

Lovely shot as usual Helen. As Kell said, without close scrutiny you wouldn't know what camera took this. Works perfectly for the theme too.

I do love stormy skies and that's right up my street, looks great and the phone did well.

A catch up yet again. My photography seems to have dropped off a cliff due to some dry weather and my garden itch - first time I've been able to get into it for months!

A couple of quick shots:

The Gull Wing bridge will soon be whole with the delivery of the "wings". A phone shot nabbed while shopping

IMG_20240305_115222 by Helen Cannon, on Flickr

I went to grab a shot of a hidden mausoleum which turned out to be totally uninspiring so caught this hidden gravestone against a wonderfully textured old yew.

PW6A7827 by Helen Cannon, on Flickr

Whole- Lovely shot made by the reflections.
Hidden - Works well and black and white suits the subject.

Two really neat shots. Super reflections in Whole and Hidden works in mono.

Two good shots (as always) Helen.

Whole- Lovely shot made by the reflections.
Hidden - Works well and black and white suits the subject.

Great work, the bridge scene is lovely with the reflections as above and your hidden shot works well for the theme too.

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to comment. Much appreciated as ever.

Another very non-photographic week. However, in between attacking the garden I did manage a trip to the local East Anglia Yarn Fair and picked up some very soft and squidgy hanks of merino yarn, one in a very vibrant orange. Just no idea what to do with it yet....

PW6A7832 by Helen Cannon, on Flickr

That fits the bill nicely Helen, and lovely pop for the vivid orange!

Super duper :)

That orange yarn certainly pops, orange and grey/s make great hat colours imho.

Great textures and I love the fall off in focus.

That fits the bill nicely Helen, and lovely pop for the vivid orange!

Super duper :)

Like the focus and fits the theme plus hanks is a new word for me.

Lovely and vivid, and texture theme well-knit!

Thanks for the comments folks. Much appreciated.

Nice shot of a nice shot :)

Texture: A lovely colourful shot, nicely composed.
Personal: There’s nothing as personal as family memories imo.

Back