weekly HelenC's 52 for 22 - Week 52: Showcase. Critique welcome

Ornament - fantastic lighting on that.

As for the crinkle crankle wall - I've only recently found out that these even exist. Uses fewer bricks than a straight wall as a straight wall would need two layers of bricks to be as strong.
@Kell thanks... we have quite a few walls around here and most are very old and despite looking very precarious it does prove how strong they are.
Both very nice shots, but the first is exceptional. It would also have fitted the curves theme looking at those horns!
^^^^^ What he said.

Two gooduns :)
Lovely very low angle shot of the cow Helen.

A great idea for the Curves and as others say, B/W suits this.
The light in the cow shot is lovely, and the low angle works really well.
The mono conversion suits the wall shot. I like how the wall leads you out of the frame.
The light in the cow shot is lovely, and the low angle works really well.
The mono conversion suits the wall shot. I like how the wall leads you out of the frame.
Both good images Helen, I particularly like the cow image (which could have been used for either, as has been said). That's also a very interesting wall!
That is a rather magnificent looking (if a little scary) beast.

I think you've shared the wibbly wobbly wall before in the 52 and it still makes a great photograph. So many curves and I hate to think of all the extra hours making it curvy instead of straight.

Both images nicely captured.
@Bebop I'm most impressed with your memory as I'd forgotten about it! It was a different location but same type of wall.
Nice set Helen. Really like the curves shot.

Thanks for dropping by and commenting.

I'd say a bit chunk o'hornshooo - fab shot though :)

Just a tad of a shoehorn! But, what a lovely image, real minimalism and plenty of negative space.

Wonderful image Helen. I like it a lot. I'm hoping to go out and shoot some long exposure this coming Monday.

Lovely image... tiny bit of a shoehorn!
I'd say a bit chunk o'hornshooo - fab shot though :)
Well composed and very good out of the box thinking.
Lovely photo…..
Lovely image Helen. I had no idea there was such a 'tool' :)
Nice shot Helen, love the reflections.
Shoehorn of the finest order.

Pete
Just a tad of a shoehorn! But, what a lovely image, real minimalism and plenty of negative space.
Wonderful image Helen. I like it a lot. I'm hoping to go out and shoot some long exposure this coming Monday.

Apologies for the late response and many thanks for the kind comments. Have to say I was rather pleased with this one too :D

Very late submission for me... almost falling at the last hurdle! Quick phone shot of one of the items under construction for late requested xmas presents. Plus Christmas in general and the onset of the local cold lurgy means photography last week was non existant!
Once I stop coughing I'll try and sort something for this week!

IMG_20221226_100030 by Helen Cannon, on Flickr

Nicely knitted! :)

A nicely constructed photo Helen. It looks like it would take quite a bit of concentration getting those colours in the right place.

I hope you feel better soon and well done for getting anything photographic done under the circumstances..

Two good shots there Helen. The framing of the first tells the story well. Good bokeh too.

Nice shot Helen for the penultimate offering for 2022.
Two good shots there Helen. The framing of the first tells the story well. Good bokeh too.
That's a great shot of the Christmas bauble, really evocative
Good catch up Helen. Nicely done for both.
Wonderful image Helen, simple yet evocative
Thanks for the kind comments and for your continued support over the 52.

At last the cough seems to have subsided and I feel vaguely human! I started looking at images from the past year and realised my photography activity has been less than previous so there is a resolution waiting to be made...

This shot goes back to the beginning of the year when an unusually high tide combined with a spring tide submerged boats that I've always found encased in mud rather than water. Of course, its a mono long exposure :D

PW6A8483 by Helen Cannon, on Flickr

A really lovely shot Helen and perfect for showcase - although I'd have been happy with any of yours to be honest. I've enjoyed all of your photos this year.

I think the hole in the hull really adds interest in the water, and it suits the mono high key look.

Apart from machine gunning trying to get bird shots, I've not taken so many photos this year either. I plan to get out and do some more landscape photography in 2023 having just bought an ultra wide lens for my Olympus.

A really lovely shot Helen and perfect for showcase - although I'd have been happy with any of yours to be honest. I've enjoyed all of your photos this year.

I think the hole in the hull really adds interest in the water, and it suits the mono high key look.

Apart from machine gunning trying to get bird shots, I've not taken so many photos this year either. I plan to get out and do some more landscape photography in 2023 having just bought an ultra wide lens for my Olympus.
Lovely image to finish with.

Like @Bebop, I always look forward to your images.

@Bebop & @Kell That's such a lovely comment to hear, thank you so much :)
@Bebop good luck with the new lens - look forward to seeing the results.

Back