weekly HelenC's 52 for 22 - Week 52: Showcase. Critique welcome

Aw c'mon, it's at least pretty autumnal. The movement in it is nice, and I like the composition with it entering the frame.

I like the combination of light on the leaf and the dark bokeh.
Very good image Helen.

Superb light - fabulously autumnal :)

I like the combination of light on the leaf and the dark bokeh.
Very good image Helen.
Superb light - fabulously autumnal :)
Cracking light in this Helen, love the bokeh . Same here as well all still very much green.
That's a good one Helen.
Nice Helen - light and dark combined
Well spotted. Striking contrast in the colours.

Thanks for the positive feedback. Good ego boost ;). As always, very much appreciated.

Coastal one for me - seascape and sunset; what's not to like?!

Both nice shots but the shore fits the tech better. The fence in the river shots leads us away from the subject.

Georgeous photos. The river just pips it for me.

Another set showing off your composition skills Helen.
First one for me.

Absolute crackers Helen. Love Pembrokeshire. Where are these exactly? Don't recognise the bridge/walkway unless it's up along the river near Cenarth?

Absolute crackers Helen. Love Pembrokeshire. Where are these exactly? Don't recognise the bridge/walkway unless it's up along the river near Cenarth?
@SimonH Thanks. My first visit and I loved it too. Fabulous coastline. Spot on with the bridge at Cenarth Falls. The seascape was taken at Freshwater West after we visited Dobbies grave

Coastal one for me - seascape and sunset; what's not to like?!
Ooh. Both fab. I think I'll plump for the river. I do love that bridge and the people at the end are a bonus.
Both nice shots but the shore fits the tech better. The fence in the river shots leads us away from the subject.
Two absolutely beautiful images Helen.
Georgeous photos. The river just pips it for me.
Another set showing off your composition skills Helen.
First one for me.
Two totally cracking images for the theme Helen, love them both but think you picked the right one for the main thread.
Coast is a top notch shot Helen. Really nice.

Pete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to comment. It's lovely to get out and about to some new locations.

Unfortunately nothing as good as last week. I had this idea in mind but its done nothing but rain... so yesterday I gave up in a dry(ish) spell and shot it anyway. Somewhat heavily processed to make anything of an impact.
These are the groynes desperately trying to protect a couple of houses on the cliff just behind.. the destruction of our sandy coastline is inevitable as you can see futher down the coast.

PW6A2157 by Helen Cannon, on Flickr

The angle is good and tells the story well.
Your processing is a good fit for the theme Helen.

I really like this shot Helen. A good viewpoint and it fits the theme well. Our local beach half a mile away is the same - except no protection. I've watched the land recede at a scary pace.

Nice shot Helen - sad to see the erosion, but nature always wins.....

The angle is good and tells the story well.
Your processing is a good fit for the theme Helen.
I really like this shot Helen. A good viewpoint and it fits the theme well. Our local beach half a mile away is the same - except no protection. I've watched the land recede at a scary pace.
Nice shot Helen - sad to see the erosion, but nature always wins.....
Nice b&w Helen.

Thanks for dropping by and commenting.

Apologies for late posting / catch up. A week of birthdays, xmas suppers (!), house guests etc. meant I had little spare time.

Week 47: Ornament. I did take some pics during the correct week but saw this lady today in much better light. These have just been introduced onto the estate merely to look impressive so I class them as ornamentation. Or, as the local farmer said "they're neither use nor b****y ornament"!

PW6A2183 by Helen Cannon, on Flickr

Week 48: Curves.

I had to get something today so here is a local "crinkle crankle wall" which is rarely lit by the sun due to its location, hence the mono version.

PW6A2173 by Helen Cannon, on Flickr

Both very nice shots, but the first is exceptional. It would also have fitted the curves theme looking at those horns!

^^^^^ What he said.

Two gooduns :)

Lovely very low angle shot of the cow Helen.

A great idea for the Curves and as others say, B/W suits this.

The light in the cow shot is lovely, and the low angle works really well.
The mono conversion suits the wall shot. I like how the wall leads you out of the frame.

Both good images Helen, I particularly like the cow image (which could have been used for either, as has been said). That's also a very interesting wall!

That is a rather magnificent looking (if a little scary) beast.

I think you've shared the wibbly wobbly wall before in the 52 and it still makes a great photograph. So many curves and I hate to think of all the extra hours making it curvy instead of straight.

Both images nicely captured.

Back