weekly HelenC's 52 for 22 - Week 52: Showcase. Critique welcome

Well done, I like the second one best because of the darker fore ground complements the castle and trees.

Both lovely shots. I think I like the second one best though I'm not sure why. Perhaps because the castle stands out more? It also has a lovely sky and reflections. It's not a song I know.

Gorgeous tones in Electrical, quite an imposing structure.

The IR shots have a lovely look to them. I think I prefer the composition in #2.

Well done, I like the second one best because of the darker fore ground complements the castle and trees.
Fabulous shots Helen - love them both!
Good shots Helen, #2 works well for me.

Pete
Both lovely shots. I think I like the second one best though I'm not sure why. Perhaps because the castle stands out more? It also has a lovely sky and reflections. It's not a song I know.
Gorgeous tones in Electrical, quite an imposing structure.

The IR shots have a lovely look to them. I think I prefer the composition in #2.
More great shots.

Love them both but edging towards the second.
Thanks for the kind comments, very much appreciated. Looks like my non-chosen shot has the edge this time.

Nice depth of field Helen :naughty:

Flat? I used to live on the fens in Lincolnshire. These are veritable mountains!
Nice shoot, and looking good in mono as Peter says.

Nice depth of field Helen :naughty:
Beautiful undulations and leading lines.
Nice shot Helen, maybe more of "bump" then a "hill"... :D
Flat? I used to live on the fens in Lincolnshire. These are veritable mountains!
Nice shoot, and looking good in mono as Peter says.

Thanks for the kind comments. Looking forward to heading to Wales next month... might be a little more undulating!

The mono works well with the hard light, the heavy shadow is a nice touch. I like the tiredness of the brickwork and the window frame.

Certainly fits the theme and Monochrome works very well. The crack in the wall above the window would worry me!

Very nice and the whole thing screams Rustic, especially the wonky letter R on the sing. Great in B&W PP too.

Nicely done! Nice choice of aperture :coat:

A nice image Helen, I think that the b&w suits it well.

The mono works well with the hard light, the heavy shadow is a nice touch. I like the tiredness of the brickwork and the window frame.
Certainly fits the theme and Monochrome works very well. The crack in the wall above the window would worry me!
Very nice and the whole thing screams Rustic, especially the wonky letter R on the sing. Great in B&W PP too.
Thanks.
Yes, your mono choice is best Helen.
That looks great in mono and the wonky R makes me smile, certainly a good one for the theme.
A nice image Helen, I think that the b&w suits it well.
Thank you all. You input is much appreciated.

LOL, I don't think that I've ever forgotten my camera Helen, I've definitely forgotten to load it with batteries though. Nice image.

Rustic precision! Like it lots.

Rustic and Precision both nice shots - I love the wonky "R" on the farm sign - makes the shot with the theme for me,
Precision - spot on - don't they use GPS now for this sort of thing, so definitely fits the bill

Good example of plenty of photo opportunities all around us Helen.
I'm guessing they must use GPS for that accuracy of straightness and spacing.

LOL, I don't think that I've ever forgotten my camera Helen, I've definitely forgotten to load it with batteries though. Nice image.
Great variation on the theme, nice shot
Rustic precision! Like it lots.
Nice shot Helen, I have been known to take my camera out but forget the battery and card lol.
Rustic and Precision both nice shots - I love the wonky "R" on the farm sign - makes the shot with the theme for me,
Precision - spot on - don't they use GPS now for this sort of thing, so definitely fits the bill
Good example of plenty of photo opportunities all around us Helen.
I'm guessing they must use GPS for that accuracy of straightness and spacing.
Great Shot Helen, All nice and precise.

Pete
Thanks folks.. and yes @SimonH and @Peter123, they all have GPS on their tractors these days, hence they can drill and harvest right into the smallest spaces.

I had a shot in mind this week which involved beautiful autumnal colour on a wonderful beech avenue with a bit of vehicular movement. Unfortunately autumn seems to have taken a back seat around here and everything is still pretty green so this is as good as it got (the beech avenue is quite a drive away and won't be looking spectacular so I went for something more local).

PW6A1161 by Helen Cannon, on Flickr

LOL, this is good Helen, makes me wonder about whether this is a car or a motorcycle...or just someone in a mobility scooter going really, really fast... :D

LOL, this is good Helen, makes me wonder about whether this is a car or a motorcycle...or just someone in a mobility scooter going really, really fast... :D
Given the number of mobility scooters around here I wouldn't have been surprised

Back