weekly Hillwalkinggirls 52 for 2012 - Shiny added.

Name
Barbara
Edit My Images
No
I'm a little late starting but will try to catch up. Just lately I seem to be short of inspiration so hope that this will get me back on track. I've got as far as posting my week list, now I just need to take the photos.:thinking:
Link to Spreadsheet 52 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoawOnFQb1UQdDMyUllaVHhIYlZjbTZGdjVnYk16Q1E#gid=0
[Post=4431873]Week 1 :direction[/Post]
Week 2 : Fear- To do
Week 3 : Sigh -To do
[Post=4432183]Week 4 :confused:weet[/Post]
[Post=4430101]Week 5 :confused:ecure[/Post]
[Post=4430647]Week 6 :Industry[/Post]
Week 7 : Roots - To do
[Post=4437896]Week 8 :Handmade[/Post]
Week 9 :
Week 10 :
[Post=44388598]Week 11 :confused:hiny[/Post]
Week 12 :
Week 13 :
Week 14 :
Week 15 :
Week 16 :
Week 17 :
Week18 :
Week 19 :
Week 20 :
Week 21 :
Week 22 :
Week 23 :
Week 24 :
Week 25 :
Week 26 :
Week 27 :
Week 28 :
Week 29 :
Week 30 :
Week 31 :
Week 32 :
Week 33 :
Week 34 :
Week 35 :
Week 36 :
Week 37 :
Week 38 :
Week 39 :
Week 40 :
Week 41 :
Week 42 :
Week 43 :
Week 44 :
Week 45 :
Week 46 :
Week 47 :
Week 48 :
Week 49 :
Week 50 :
Week 51 :
Week 52 :

Last edited:
Still trying to work out the best way to do this. Just for starters I am posting a photo for week 5 "Secure". I hope I am doing this right.

secure-0451 by hillwalkinggirl, on Flickr

This was a photo I took of the lock on my husbands shed. I liked the contrasting colours on his shed door.

Last edited:
Hello Barbara! Welcome to the Photo52 club.

I like your entry for Secure. We've had a few padlocks I think but yours is different, and I love the rust and the reds. I'm looking forward to following your journey. :)

Last edited:
Welcome to the project, a nice bright effort ... now get those skates on lots of catching up to do :D

Hi Barbara - enjoy your 52 adventure! :)

Wk 5 Secure - excellent shot. Those colours and textures lift what could have been an ordinary shot to a higher level. I like the dof with the lock and the metal clasp in sharp focus. Good start. (y)

I'm doing a 52 this year, but along with a few other nut cases who did it in 2009 we're using more or less the same themes as 09 but in a different (random) order.

Look forward to seeing your catch up shots as and when you post them.

Jean

Welcome!! Good luck and enjoy the challenge.

Cracking secure shot (y)

I've added you to the list in the top sticky post, there are a couple of things in there worth looking at - adding yourself to the spreadsheet created and looking at the Flickr group (especially if you want a quick look at what we've been doing up to now instead of going through the threads!)

Determined to catch up for my late start. This is my attempt at Industry. We were returning from a walk in the mountains of Tenerife and were just approaching the town of Gui d'Isora when we came across the towns Waterworks. We were totally amazed to see the spaghetti of pipes which delivered the water to the town. How could they possibly know which pipe went to where? The pipes weren't coded in any way that would allow them to be mapped. On enquiring why they weren't underground or enclosed we were told it was easier to repair them that way. Well that's logic I suppose.:shake::thinking:
This was taken with my Panasonic TZ10 creative compact. My DSLR is just to heavy to take walking.

Tenerife 2012 by hillwalkinggirl, on Flickr

Welcome!! Good luck and enjoy the challenge.

Cracking secure shot (y)

I've added you to the list in the top sticky post, there are a couple of things in there worth looking at - adding yourself to the spreadsheet created and looking at the Flickr group (especially if you want a quick look at what we've been doing up to now instead of going through the threads!)

Thank you. I've added myself to the spreadheet now, and am joining the flickr group.(y)

Hi Barbara,

I really like your secure picture. Lovely colours, nicely composed and good dof. I don't think I've seen a better looking lock on here. :)

Your industry definitely paints a picture; that pipework all seems very chaotic!

I'm working hard to catch up on my missing 52's. Looking back through this years photos I thought that this matched the subject "Direction" quite well. When I catch up I will be out with my DSLR and try to upload one taken each week. This one was taken again with a creative compact while out trekking in Tenerife. Back home now to the rain and cold.

When my new lens arrived yesterday I was very surprised when I opened the package to see that they had included a packet of sweets. I can only think that they included these to sweeten the blow of the bill. It was a very sweet lens though. Taken with my Nikon D7000 and nifty fifty.

A packet of sweets to sweeten the blow. by hillwalkinggirl, on Flickr

Hi Barbara and welcome to the madness of the 52 challenge.

The colours on the padlock are so vivid and great detail.

That pipe work is crazy, you'd like to think that someone somewhere knows what goes where:nuts:

I think the sign post on direction is a little too central and wondering if a crop would work? But taking a second look I wouldn't want to crop any of the background out, awkward!

I see you have a D7000, any chance that was the winnings from the DSLR bootcamp last year? I never did see who won it!

Hi Barbara and welcome to the madness of the 52 challenge.

The colours on the padlock are so vivid and great detail.

That pipe work is crazy, you'd like to think that someone somewhere knows what goes where:nuts:

I think the sign post on direction is a little too central and wondering if a crop would work? But taking a second look I wouldn't want to crop any of the background out, awkward!

I see you have a D7000, any chance that was the winnings from the DSLR bootcamp last year? I never did see who won it!

No I didn't win.:( I did get short-listed though. Seeing my disappointment my lovely husband treated me to the D7000 for my birthday.:love::)

but handmade by her most definitely ... (y)

Spot on with the handmade Barbara, welcome aboard Girl. ;)

Brilliant; love the colours!

Liking the handmade shot, works on a couple of levels and nice colours.
Thank you Donnie

but handmade by her most definitely ... (y)
Certainly was.

Awww very sweet!

Lovely colours too, was that done on canvas?
It was on a cotton tea towel. I never had the heart to use it.

Spot on with the handmade Barbara, welcome aboard Girl. ;)
Thank you Alby.

Great idea, like it a lot
Thank you.

Brilliant; love the colours!
Thank you.

Fantastic. I think that should be on your wall. I've got one similar to this printed on a tea-towel that my youngest daughter and her class did. (she's 25 now)

Loving your work. Handmade is a great shot, simple, coulourfull and says it all.:clap:

Hi Barbara,

And welcome to the 52, its bold move starting two months into the year so very well done. I really like your 'industry' image. I would hate to trace a water leak and would imagine it would be a nightmare to repair if it was in the middle of that lot! 'Handmade' is a lovely image and the colours are so vivid too. Its a very gentle image too as you can see some of her friction ridge detail in the paint. Good luck with the rest of your 52

Hi Barbara,

And welcome to the 52, its bold move starting two months into the year so very well done. I really like your 'industry' image. I would hate to trace a water leak and would imagine it would be a nightmare to repair if it was in the middle of that lot! 'Handmade' is a lovely image and the colours are so vivid too. Its a very gentle image too as you can see some of her friction ridge detail in the paint. Good luck with the rest of your 52

Thank you Nick.

Hi Barbara....good catch up for your challenge (y)

Love the colors & angle for in your Padlock shot...nice work :clap:

Like the angle of the Direction shot as well...& wonderful blue sky :)

Good luck with the rest of your challenge...look forward to seeing more photo's (y)

You're doing well with your catch-up Barbara. :)

Sweet: Lives up to its name. Have fun with the lens - I look forward to its first appearance in your 52.

Handmade: Definitely works for the theme! I'm impressed at how careful your GD must have been to get the colours in so neatly, as well as your photographic skills in capturing it. Good choice, well executed. :)

Jean

Blimey this is a late entry. Welcome and good luck with catching up

Direction – Spot on theme. The compact seems to have handled the exposure well

Sweet – Nicely lit

Secure – Great shot. I do like the feel you’ve given this one

Industry – Found this a bit too busy I’m afraid

Handmade – Nice one. I hadn’t thought of that.

Back