weekly Hillwalkinggirls 52 for 2012 - Shiny added.

You poor thing Barbara, hope all goes ok at the quacks and you aren't in too much pain.
Nice shiny object btw. ;)

A shiny kneecap? :D
Well done and hope you are soon feeling better.

Oooo that's a very shiny thingamajig, what is it? Nice DOF on it though and I like the green hint.

Oh not another one of us at A&E:-( Good luck, take a good book and I hope they can fix you, even if it's just temporarily!

It's a glass paperweight Marsha which my daughter bought me from somewhere up in Scotland. Are you injured as well?

hillwalkinggirl said:
Are you injured as well?
Not quite. I've had a cough pretty much all winter and the doctors just keep saying 'it's asthma or viral, give it time' I'm just entering my 6th week sick (in two blocks) this year and still my doctor refused to send me for a chest x-ray. So I dragged myself to A&E on Friday and after a quick chest x-ray was diagnosed with pneumonia! Let's just say my doctor is getting some angry chest poking tomorrow!!!

Not quite. I've had a cough pretty much all winter and the doctors just keep saying 'it's asthma or viral, give it time' I'm just entering my 6th week sick (in two blocks) this year and still my doctor refused to send me for a chest x-ray. So I dragged myself to A&E on Friday and after a quick chest x-ray was diagnosed with pneumonia! Let's just say my doctor is getting some angry chest poking tomorrow!!!

Hope you're on the mend now. I've chickened out of A&E today as the man over the road said he went 2 years ago, they messed him about until he felt awful, then said he needed an operation on it. He's been waiting 2 years. I think I'll just attempt to rest it for a while and see what happens. If all else fails a visit to a Sports Injury clinic will be on the cards.

That's a lovely shot Barbara. You did really well to capture the light. Beautiful :)

Hi Barbara,

First of all I hope your knee is on the mend and well done for getting any sort of image this week. I like your 'Shiny' image and the depth of field works very well. The green hues pick out the detail very nicely too (y)

Nick

That's a lovely shot Barbara. You did really well to capture the light. Beautiful :)

Thank you.

Hi Barbara,

First of all I hope your knee is on the mend and well done for getting any sort of image this week. I like your 'Shiny' image and the depth of field works very well. The green hues pick out the detail very nicely too (y)

Nick
Thank you Nick. Apparently I have damaged the Medial Collateral Ligament so getting Physio for the next 3 weeks to see whether it improves or not. Maybe I'll have to change my user name to hillcrawlinggirl.:D

Hi Barbara - welcome to the Challenge. I am a newcomer to the task but am enjoying it a lot

Shiny - Good idea on theme. I like the colours a lot - very muted green, most unusual i think. The background is good but if i had a niggle it wold be that straight light coloured bit on the bottom right which looks like a table edge.

Hope that you get better soon and hit those hills running ... well er walking maybe.

I like your Shiny, the fact that it is hard to tell how big it is works best for me. Nice and sharp and good DOF

Hi Barbara - welcome to the Challenge. I am a newcomer to the task but am enjoying it a lot

Shiny - Good idea on theme. I like the colours a lot - very muted green, most unusual i think. The background is good but if i had a niggle it wold be that straight light coloured bit on the bottom right which looks like a table edge.

Hope that you get better soon and hit those hills running ... well er walking maybe.

Thank you both.

Good morning Barbara, and welcome to the madness that is the 52 club :D. Cracking start so far, the padlock shot and your submission for Shiny stand out for me. Enjoy and embrace this project, it's good fun and an excellent learning curve too with some wonderful people on board. Hope you on the road to recovery soon too.

I'm playing catch up this week due to not coming up with anything I was happy with for Shiny and won't post the one I have come up with last night 'til I've gone through everyone elses.

Shiny - Good shot, nicely composed and sharp, the background on the right is a little distracting for me though.

Back