weekly HP_Guy's 2019 52 challenge

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

My name is Andy and I've been an on and off lurker of TP for some years. I've wanted to be able to take 'good' photos for years but never really put the time in. I looked at one of these challenges a year or two ago but didn't get as far as signing up! I've already taken my first shot so hopefully I'll get further than that this year.

I have a Nikon D80 with the 18-55 kit lens (in fact I think the lens came with a D40 but I guess it is the same thing) I'm sure at some point I'll want to add some lenses, but for now that is what I am working with.

Wish me luck!

Good luck Andy - and you're gonna need it :)

But seriously, it's good fun and gets you thinking - my effort last year was shameful at 11 weeks but i'm determined to get a lot further this time

Enjoy

Still look brand new to me and I'm impressed you still have the box (my kids would have nicked it within seconds).
Bang on theme, nicely controlled highlights, a bit of an angle in the composition to give it interest.
Looks good to me. Good luck with your 52.

Classic shoes Andy, have a pair similar which my son bought me for his wedding 3yrs ago, nice layout and like the purple BG and black. great image.

Walter

I like the way you have arranged them and they do indeed look very new.

As others, nice first image. They look pretty classy shoes

New

Cool shoe's. A bit of vignetting could help to draw the eye on to the subject.

Spitting image of my work shoes, nice capture.

Hi Andy, looks very much like an shop display from the 50’s or 60’s Like that. I wonder what B&W would be like ?

Last edited:
Dapper looking shoes there :)

Hi Andy, Good start there. Well thought out and lit shot. I like the way that the shoes are placed and that the box is included too.

Hi Andy

Nice pair of New Shoes, hope they don't rub like mine. Like the colour and the details you have captured.
Pete

Hi Andy

Welcome the the madness that is TP52

New - Nicely set up the backdrop works well for me

Back