Hyster's 52 (Night added)

:LOL: :LOL: Brilliant :D... Very clever, well thought out and put together.

Fantastic idea!! :clap::clap:

The only issue I have is with the background - you can see sort of ripples at the top. Everything else is great - I like your composition and the DOF you have used (y)

What a great and creative interpretation :clap::clap::clap:

What a strange/out of the box mind you have :D

Ever thought about a job in advertising ;)

I´d send this to Bassetts (y)

That is just superb, wish I had the creativity to think of something that good!:clap:
Mark(y)

Brilliant... Very clever, well thought out and put together.

It leaves nothing more to be said!!

Cheers Corky

Thats really good! Well done
Thanks Andy

I love love love this shot!!!!

You are very kind.

:D:LOL: How long did it take you to set that up? It's really made me smile.

I've been watching these 52s with interest since I found this site, so I thought it's about time I dropped in to add some encouragement (especially after you've all been so nice to me).

Not that long if I'm honest, my youngest daughter was aching to eat the cast:D

I was nice for a reason, you have talent Sarah. I see a real Spark there, honestly, my oldest daughter has it too and I wish I could convince here photography was interesting, she see has a hidden talent too, so I will watch your development your with interest over the coming weeks and months.

Fantastic idea!! :clap:

The only issue I have is with the background - you can see sort of ripples at the top. Everything else is great - I like your composition and the DOF you have used

Really appreciate the feedback DS, I did spot it and almost pulled it white but I actually kind of liked it for some reason, it did something with the dead space if you know what I mean....:thinking:

Good shout though and you spotted the one thing that I was most unsure of.

What a great and creative interpretation

What a strange/out of the box mind you have :D

Ever thought about a job in advertising ;)

I´d send this to Bassetts

What a lovely thing to say, I am a bit strange and aspire to be always out of my box (y)

That is just superb, wish I had the creativity to think of something that good!:clap:
Mark

Wow Mark, thank you for that.

That's your best shot yet mate and you have done some brilliant 52s so far, but this is something else...:clap::clap::clap:

I love it...:love::love::love:

Everything about it is spot on for me...:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

(just one tiny thing always wash your jelly babbies, I know I do:D)

Not that long if I'm honest, my youngest daughter was aching to eat the cast:D

I was nice for a reason, you have talent Sarah. I see a real Spark there, honestly, my oldest daughter has it too and I wish I could convince here photography was interesting, she see has a hidden talent too, so I will watch your development your with interest over the coming weeks and months.

I don't think the cast would have lasted too long if I'd been doing it either :D
Thank you again for your encouragement.

p.s. Keep persevering with your daughter. It would be such a shame if she has a talent and doesn't use it.

Week 26

Night

Night.jpg

This one took me out of my comfort zone. This is my home city of Dundee from Wormit in Fife.

I'll catch up on comments tomorrow, off to bed now...

Week 26

Night

This one took me out of my comfort zone. This is my home city of Dundee from Wormit in Fife.

I'll catch up on comments tomorrow, off to bed now...

Wow - I like it. (y) It looks like you were very comfortable imho - the sky is great, I like the composition, the reflections work really well and I like the little touch of blue lights just left of centre and on the right. :clap::clap::clap:

Jean

Mini catch up (I blame the arm :))

Freedom - shot of the week - superbly thought out and briliantly executed - a real corker!!!:clap:

Night - great scene well taken - the simplicity of the shot and the blue against the orangey glow works well too! Very good stuff!

Wow thats brill. Great work, love the sky on this aswell!

Lovely moody sky, although it looks like it was pretty blowy in the clouds. Love the reflections and lights, well taken (y)

Wow - I like it. (y) It looks like you were very comfortable imho - the sky is great, I like the composition, the reflections work really well and I like the little touch of blue lights just left of centre and on the right. :clap:

Jean

Thanks Jean, I need to try a bit more landscape photography, its not something that comes easily to me. I must say I very much enjoyed taking this and a few others last night.

I think that one is fantastic !

I love the way the yellowy lights reflect in the water and in the lower part of the sky before fading into blue.

IMHO, a great photo !

You are very kind Sarah, thanks.

Mini catch up (I blame the arm :))

Freedom - shot of the week - superbly thought out and briliantly executed - a real corker!!!:clap:

Night - great scene well taken - the simplicity of the shot and the blue against the orangey glow works well too! Very good stuff!

Thanks very much DS.(y)

Wow thats brill. Great work, love the sky on this aswell!

Cheers Andy.

Lovely moody sky, although it looks like it was pretty blowy in the clouds. Love the reflections and lights, well taken (y)

Thanks.

Nice shot!
Only minor niggle is it seems every so slightly slanted to the clockwise...

Cheers for the feedback Kenny, I may well have a tinker with it and repost it.

First word that popped into my head was WOW, so I am not surprised to see others have used the word too.

There is nothing about this picture that isn't right on the nail, so I guess that means you have nailed this weeks shot!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Another cracker from you mate, I like the way you can tranfer your photography from fun to a serious landscape in two shots...

Excellent and you consistently come up with brilliant shots Gary...(y)

What a cracking shot and to think it was out of your comfort zone as well it´s a fantastic result and I´m glad to hear you´re going to try more of this.

Great interpretation on the theme :clap::clap::clap:

First word that popped into my head was WOW, so I am not surprised to see others have used the word too.

There is nothing about this picture that isn't right on the nail, so I guess that means you have nailed this weeks shot!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you very much.

Another cracker from you mate, I like the way you can tranfer your photography from fun to a serious landscape in two shots...

Excellent and you consistently come up with brilliant shots Gary...(y)

Really chuffed with your comment Marcus, always appreciate your feedback Sir.

What a cracking shot and to think it was out of your comfort zone as well it´s a fantastic result and I´m glad to hear you´re going to try more of this.

Thanks, I did really enjoy it, very relaxing evening.

Great interpretation on the theme :clap::clap::clap:

great stuff with lovely colouring :D

Thank you.(y)

Week 27

Highlight

Well its the start of two weeks off work for me (y) and today I spent the day in Edinburgh with my wife and daughter, we decided to do one of the ghost tours and this guy was the highlight of the day, great fun.

Highlighttake167.jpg

Very good, it's worked well, and on theme (y) Enjoy your couple of weeks.

That works well Gary it look a bit like colour popping but I know you have a real dislike for the dark art...:LOL:

The small amount of red really add to the shot, so well done...

works for me...(y)

Ps as you proberly know by now we all need to start a new tread after 6 months or we can't change our headings...thanks for your reply to my e-mail...

i like the way you have caught this, he should look like a disembodied head and hands but doesnt due to the way there are none balck bits on the outfit, well done :clap:

Now that I really like.

You've probably picked up from my photos that I like the black background thing, but to capture it in that sort of setting must have been a real challenge.
Looks like it was a great day out too.

(I wonder how much they pay the poor guy to dress up like that every day!)

Scary but good :eek:

I love the hint of red and the way the rest of the white makes the teeth yellow, ooh, ghoulish. Well shot :clap::clap:

And enjoy your holiday (y)

Ohh these folk give me the creeps :) Well captured and I agree with Jill about those yellow teeth ewww :)

It almost deserves a caption :)

Mini catch up...

Night - cracking colours and nice composition too... doesn't look at all out of your comfort zone at all imo.

Highlight - we did a ghost tour in Edinborough last year, great fun aren't they! I think the splash of red really makes this one (y)

I like it. :)

It must have been difficult to isolate him from the b/g - well done. And from your 'fun' comment, it looks like it could also cover week 28! :LOL:

Enjoy your holiday - lots of fun shots to be had, I'm sure.

Jean

I actually tried to loose him in the background and leave hands and face as highlight but it was great fun, cheer for your comment Jean

Very good, it's worked well, and on theme (y) Enjoy your couple of weeks.

Thank you very much

That works well Gary it look a bit like colour popping but I know you have a real dislike for the dark art...

The small amount of red really add to the shot, so well done...

works for me...
Ps as you proberly know by now we all need to start a new tread after 6 months or we can't change our headings...thanks for your reply to my e-mail...

Cheers for your comment Marcus, I didn't know about the thread renewal, cheers for the heads up(y)

i like the way you have caught this, he should look like a disembodied head and hands but doesnt due to the way there are none balck bits on the outfit, well done /QUOTE]

Thank you toothie, the original shot had a fairly distracting background, I pulled it dark to loose the backdrop a little.

Now that I really like.

You've probably picked up from my photos that I like the black background thing, but to capture it in that sort of setting must have been a real challenge.
Looks like it was a great day out too.

(I wonder how much they pay the poor guy to dress up like that every day!)

Cheers Sarah, the guy was a real star.

Scary but good

I love the hint of red and the way the rest of the white makes the teeth yellow, ooh, ghoulish. Well shot

And enjoy your holiday

Thank you very much

Ohh these folk give me the creeps :) Well captured and I agree with Jill about those yellow teeth ewww :)

It almost deserves a caption :)

Cheers DS, I think...:thinking:

Mini catch up...

Night - cracking colours and nice composition too... doesn't look at all out of your comfort zone at all imo.

Highlight - we did a ghost tour in Edinborough last year, great fun aren't they! I think the splash of red really makes this one (y)

Thanks for the feedback Daysleeper.

Fabulous shot, Love the way his outfit blends into the background!!! :clap: :clap:

Catch up, The night shot is fabulous, caught it well, I like fun too, but can't help thinking the subject needs to clean his teeth.....not your prob though haha

Back