Hyster's 52 (Night added)

The complex shot is fantastic, very impressive indeed. The time shot is very clever, but I'm not sure it works for me, perhaps it's because there's so much out of focus foreground and the focal point is so high in the frame? Everytime I see macro work like this it makes me want to get a macro lens and give it a go. I'm not sure I've got the patience though!!

This is just the sort of shot I'd planned to do (I might have done a few of these in the past...) You've caught the second hand well, although it looks a little unbalanced getting that extra second in (but I'm being picky there). I feel the conversion has worked well, but something just doesn't seem quite right and I can't put my finger on it (sorry that's useless I know)... perhaps because of the angle, the shallow DOF and the cut off edge of the watch face :shrug:

Complex - VERY nice. I find yellow flowers horribly difficult to shoot. I like the DOF and the colour is what's really impressing me... It's like a big blast of summeryness (y)

Gary mate you need to change your title for each week I nearly missed your shot for this week...

It certainly fits the theme alright, but it’s not your best work that we have all come to appreciate every week. There is nothing really wrong with it and the dof and focus are all what I would expect from your high standard. It’s just a bit flat, I know you really do like to hear what people think of your shots, so I’m not worried your be disappointed with my comments because I know you will push yourself a little harder next time.

I'm with Spartacus on your Time shot. There is nothing technically wrong that I can pick out but it's just not having much impact I'm afraid. I have never tried the second hand thing - I'm sure it's not easy though so well done on that front ;)

Love your Complex shot, blown up and in a Hotel reception would look fantastic, definitely one I´d have on my wall. I could sit and look at it for hours :clap::clap::clap:

Time - I love the way you´ve captured the second hand and wouldn´t even know where to start :shrug:. There seems something missing though although balancing the exposure with the aperture to get a lot more in focus would be a nightmare to get this effect I suspect. But still an aspirational shot and spot on theme (y)

well i have to say that i have never managed to get this to work so you get a big (y) from me.

Thanks

The complex shot is fantastic, very impressive indeed. The time shot is very clever, but I'm not sure it works for me, perhaps it's because there's so much out of focus foreground and the focal point is so high in the frame? Everytime I see macro work like this it makes me want to get a macro lens and give it a go. I'm not sure I've got the patience though!!

Cheers for the comments, really appreciate them.

I agree with Ruth, I've tried and failed to get this sort of shot - so another big (y)

Jean

Thanks Jean.

And another huge (y) from me too, not tired - but not ever gonna, I know my limits :p

Thanks for that.

This is just the sort of shot I'd planned to do (I might have done a few of these in the past...) You've caught the second hand well, although it looks a little unbalanced getting that extra second in (but I'm being picky there). I feel the conversion has worked well, but something just doesn't seem quite right and I can't put my finger on it (sorry that's useless I know)... perhaps because of the angle, the shallow DOF and the cut off edge of the watch face :shrug:

Again, really appreciate the comments, its important for me to know what you guys think works and what doesn't.

Complex - VERY nice. I find yellow flowers horribly difficult to shoot. I like the DOF and the colour is what's really impressing me... It's like a big blast of summeryness (y)

I'm with Spartacus on your Time shot. There is nothing technically wrong that I can pick out but it's just not having much impact I'm afraid. I have never tried the second hand thing - I'm sure it's not easy though so well done on that front ;)

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Love your Complex shot, blown up and in a Hotel reception would look fantastic, definitely one I´d have on my wall. I could sit and look at it for hours :clap:

Time - I love the way you´ve captured the second hand and wouldn´t even know where to start :shrug:. There seems something missing though although balancing the exposure with the aperture to get a lot more in focus would be a nightmare to get this effect I suspect. But still an aspirational shot and spot on theme (y)

Thanks for your kind words and really appreciate your thoughts on the time shot.

Week 23

Inspiration

inspiration.jpg

I reaaaaaaaaaaallly wont one of those little guys! LOVE the shot, great composition and thought (y) :D

Not jealous, me, No!

That's just great - I like table top stuff and you've managed to give your little model some real expression / character. Love it!!

What lighting & BG do you use if you don't mind me asking?

Thats amazing - I have no idea how you created your little Amazon fella :)

Clever stuff :)

I have no idea how you created your little Amazon fella :)

Clever stuff :)

Can't take any credit for him, he was bought on e-bay, came from Japan, he is called Danbo. I believe they are a bit of a craze over there.

That's just great - I like table top stuff and you've managed to give your little model some real expression / character. Love it!!

What lighting & BG do you use if you don't mind me asking?

Hi DS, Thanks for your kind comment, it was just available light, shot with a tripod so I did not have to worry about camera shake.

I used a black laptop case as a background, it came out dark grey so I just dragged the shadows down in lightroom to loose the detail in the background.

Excellent take. Very well done :clap::clap:

Now that what I mean when you pull off a great shot...:clap::clap::clap:

Your shot this week is brilliant...:clap::clap::clap:

To be honest I could quite easily has put several of your shots in my Inspiration because you come up with some really imaginative ideas...
:clap::clap::clap:

Excellent stuff Gary...(y)

Superb, in fact, brilliant (y)

Excellent take. Very well done :clap::clap:

Cheers Corky.

Now that what I mean when you pull off a great shot...:clap:
Your shot this week is brilliant...:clap:

To be honest I could quite easily has put several of your shots in my Inspiration because you come up with some really imaginative ideas...
:clap::clap::clap:

Excellent stuff Gary...(y)

Really appreciate that Marcus, thank you Sir.

Superb, in fact, brilliant (y)

Thanks (y)

Ha fantastic, never seen these amazon guys before... you live and learn. My only slight crit would be that I would have preferred the light bulb to be sharp too.

Mark(y)

Hi Hyster, sorry I haven't been keeping up with comments.

complex: l agree with Jeans comments on this one, and love the colour

time: i really like this one, i love the angle and the dof used

inspiration: this is definitely my favourite shot! the lighting subject, beackground, everything is spot on!!

well done :clap::clap::clap:

Well done Gary, that´s a fantastic shot and a really creative take on the theme. Spot on mate (y):clap:

Thank you very much.

Ha fantastic, never seen these amazon guys before... you live and learn. My only slight crit would be that I would have preferred the light bulb to be sharp too.

Mark(y)

Cheers for that Mark.

Hi Hyster, sorry I haven't been keeping up with comments.

complex: l agree with Jeans comments on this one, and love the colour

time: i really like this one, i love the angle and the dof used

inspiration: this is definitely my favourite shot! the lighting subject, beackground, everything is spot on!!

well done :clap::clap::clap:

Thank you.

Week 24

Development

Development.jpg

As good as it gets this week I'm afraid :razz:

As good as it gets this week I'm afraid....:shrug:

I don't know what you mean...it's a cracking shot...:clap::clap::clap:

and well up to you very good standard mate...:clap::clap::clap:

brilliant framing...great sky...I love it...:love:

well done Gary(y)

I'm sorry I missed your Inspiration shot (bad week :(). It's excellent - a great interpretation of the theme and you've achieved real character in the way you've posed Danbo. For me it's the angle of the head that nails it! I'd never heard of him either, but he's kind of cute. :)

Development: I love this. I tried something similar many weeks ago for 'Up' and your composition and execution make me wish I hadn't bothered. :) I love the contrast between the bright colour and sharp angles of the crane and the fluffy clouds and dapled greenery. :clap::clap::clap:

Jean

I think this is a cracking shot, good composition, good light and on theme:clap:

Well done, that's a great shot and it all works so well (y)

I don't know what you mean...it's a cracking shot...

and well up to you very good standard mate...

brilliant framing...great sky...I love it...

well done Gary(y)

Thanks Marcus, really appreciate your kind words.

Sharp, colourful and dynamic and spot on theme :)

Loving this one

Thank you very much DS.

I'm sorry I missed your Inspiration shot (bad week :(). It's excellent - a great interpretation of the theme and you've achieved real character in the way you've posed Danbo. For me it's the angle of the head that nails it! I'd never heard of him either, but he's kind of cute.

Development: I love this. I tried something similar many weeks ago for 'Up' and your composition and execution make me wish I hadn't bothered. :) I love the contrast between the bright colour and sharp angles of the crane and the fluffy clouds and dapled greenery.

Jean

Thank you Jean, you are very kind.

ooo i like this, have to agree with Spartacus very nice

Cheers Toothie.

I think this is a cracking shot, good composition, good light and on theme:clap:

Thank you Corky.

I like the last shot, great colours and i cant imagine how hight that things stands! Glad its not me that has to be at the top of it :LOL:

Thanks Lisa, there were two of them and they were huge.

Well done, that's a great shot and it all works so well (y)

Thanks for the kind words.

Mr Heyster on top form again...

Well done Sir.

Cheers Kenny.

Development: great shot, it is really hard when the light has a full range in a shot, but you have pulled it off beautifully IMHO!

well done :clap: :clap:

I don't know what you mean...it's a cracking shot...:clap::clap::clap:

and well up to you very good standard mate...:clap::clap::clap:

brilliant framing...great sky...I love it...:love:

well done Gary(y)

Sorry if it seems a cop out but I can´t say better than what he said (y)

love the colour, lighting and the angle. fits nicely into the theme too! great shot! ;)

Development: great shot, it is really hard when the light has a full range in a shot, but you have pulled it off beautifully IMHO!

well done :clap: :clap:

Thanks very much.

Sorry if it seems a cop out but I can´t say better than what he said (y)

Thanks

What Jill said.... sorry what Spartacus said:LOL: Great shot, love it!

Cheers

love the colour, lighting and the angle. fits nicely into the theme too! great shot! ;)

Thanks for that.

Back